Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLinuxman
PsychoactiveResearcher

Atleast something started growing!
    #5192049 - 01/17/06 06:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well January 3 i setup my first grow and went through the entire pf tech process and made 8 jars of BRF... Heres step by step what I did.
1.ground up Brown rice into BRF
2.mixed with wetted vermiculite.
3.put into jars with dry verm on top
4.put lids on. and steamed ( I don't have a pc =o()
5. the next day i injected with PES
6. let sit in an area that stays around 75 with a blanket over the tub to shield from light.

now today is january 17th and no jars have shown any signs of growth, but wait one jar has been attacked by green mold! So now i have 7 jars with absolutely nothing in them and one with green mold hahaa! well atleast something grew right?

The spores were purchased from micro-supply and I really think I may have been ripped off... Maybe when I get paid I'll order some from ralphsters...
I'll take pictures for my 2nd attempt
What should I do with all this BRF? throw it in the garden out back?

--------------------
"We can't stop here man, this is bat country"
"There is acid in the beer in the red cups"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Atleast something started growing! [Re: Linuxman]
    #5192066 - 01/17/06 06:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

green mold can be tossed, id say after two weeks and no growth that you could toss the other jars as well.

Order from a sponsor next time so you can eliminate the variable of a bad syringe.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineChronicStiffy
Pothead
 User Gallery
Re: Atleast something started growing! [Re: Linuxman]
    #5192200 - 01/17/06 06:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm new to growing shrooms too but isn't 75 degrees a little cold for mycelium growth?

Offlinec_glidden
Stranger
Re: Atleast something started growing! [Re: ChronicStiffy]
    #5192244 - 01/17/06 06:51 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

its a little cool.

85 is optimal

75 will work, will just slow down colonization

Edited by c_glidden (01/17/06 06:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order