Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Abortion. [Re: Innvertigo]
    #520577 - 01/14/02 02:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The church hasn't issued public repremands to priests that have molested kids. That is now handled by secret church tribunals in rome to avoid negative publicity as much as possible. A lot of priests have been booted out of the priesthood for child molestation, a recent case in the boston dioceese is an example of a priest being removed from the priesthood for that.

I tend to believe that more abortions take place in upper class areas than poor families. Just look at typical american high schools. The hich high schools have students without a lot of babies. The poorer high schools have students thta have a lot of kids. A lot of upper middle class families are upper middle class instead of lower middle class because they have aborted children and liberally exercise birth control in order to avoid having expensive extra mouths to feed so that they can maintain their lifestyles.

LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Abortion. [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #520870 - 01/14/02 07:50 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Glad to hear the church is finally taking some action against that type of practice. Sure beats slapping the priest hand and relocating him to another location were he can molest more little boys. That was how they used to deal with it privately.
Here are some abortion staistics. Iam not sure how current these are.
Fact Sheet: Who Has Abortions?
"There aren?t ?women who have abortions? and ?women who have babies?. Those are the same women at different points in their lives." - Rachel Atkins, PA, MPH, Executive Director, Vermont Women?s Health Center

Women of all ages, races, ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds have abortions for many different reasons every year; each reason is as compelling and legitimate as the next. Women have abortions because their contraceptive methods fail, because of their health, age, rape, because they cannot afford a child, or because they don?t feel ready to become a parent at the time of the unplanned pregnancy.

43% of American women will have at least one abortion by the age of 45.1
6 in 10 women seeking abortions experienced contraceptive failure.1
Each year 3 out of 100 women between ages 15-44 have abortions; 47% of these will have had at least one prior abortion and 55% will have had a previous birth.1
1 out of 6 abortion patients describes herself as born-again or an evangelical Christian. 33% of women who have abortions and disclose their religious affiliation describe themselves as Catholic.2
70% of U.S. abortions are obtained by white women, 20% of U.S. abortions are obtained by black women, and 10% are obtained by other women of color.3
26% of women receiving abortions are 11 - 19 years old.2
61% of teens having abortions do so with their parents? knowledge.4
31% of women obtaining abortions are in school; 68% of women who have abortions are employed.2
33% of women who obtain abortions have family incomes under $11,000 annually, 11% of abortions are obtained by women whose household incomes are $50,000 or more. Poor women are three times more likely to have abortions than those who are financially better off.2
Sources: 1 "Facts in Brief: Induced Abortion", Alan Guttmacher Institute, 1996, 2 "Women Who Have Abortions, National Abortion Federation, Oct. 1990, 3 Loretta Ross, "Emergency Memorandum to Women of Color" in From Abortion to Reproductive Freedom, p. 149., 4 "Abortion in the U.S.", Guttmacher, 1993.

Home About Us Contact Us Links - Site Search

Site contents and HTML ? Copyright 1998-2001, Abortion Access Project. All rights reserved.

Edited by isis (01/14/02 08:10 PM)

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Abortion. [Re: isis]
    #520897 - 01/14/02 08:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

IMO comparing a zygote to a human is like saying an acorn is a oak tree. I see the zygote as having the potential to become a human but not yet a human. Scientifically speaking , an acorn has all of the genetic material to become a oak tree, but that does not guarrantee that it will become one. Same with a zygote. It has all the genetic material needed, but it has a long way to go before it is a human being.

Edited by isis (01/14/02 11:07 PM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: isis]
    #520981 - 01/14/02 09:29 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Abortion. [Re: Anonymous]
    #520993 - 01/14/02 09:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Look it up yourself. I'm just pointing out the numbers posted on many a web page. Do some research and see if that is correct. Post the results of your research so that we may be informed.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Acorns and pine trees [Re: isis]
    #521079 - 01/14/02 10:51 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

isis writes:

"Scientifically speaking , an acorn has all of the genetic material to become a pine tree..."

Actually, an acorn has all the genetic potential to become an OAK, not a pine.

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleisis
addict
Re: Acorns and pine trees [Re: Phred]
    #521096 - 01/14/02 11:05 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

LOL. That just goes to show I don't know a thing about trees.Thanks.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#521457 - 01/15/02 04:50 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to:

43% of American women will have at least one abortion by the age of 45

I don't believe for a minute that 43% of women will have an abortion. I think the statistics are skewed by women that have multiple abortions. There are some women that will have 20 or more abortions over their life and the statistics likely count them as an average of all women, not the few that have the majority of them. The women that have abortions are likely to have multiple abortions over their life times. I'm sure that the number of abortions and the number of women were just averaged together to those listed statistics.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #521586 - 01/15/02 07:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i personally couldn't date, let alone have a serious relationship with a woman who has had an abortion (barring incest and rape, mind you) I just think it's discusting. This is a circular argument that has started many times and the country is pretty split 50/50 for and against. I say if a woman wants to murder her baby then fine do it, but don't expect me or other tax payers to finance it i put the guilt on your sholders. Don't come whinning in some abortion discussion group how you wish you wouldn't of done it and it's a brave choice. It's a cowardly selfish choice. Your the one who'll have to explain it to God not me. But in that same vain is it intollerant to oppose this "right of woman to choose"? (first off right to choose is a bad name for it since choice isn't the issue)...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleisis
addict
    #522144 - 01/16/02 07:35 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It very well could be skewed. That does sound like a hell of a high number.

Invisibleisis
addict
    #522145 - 01/16/02 07:37 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It very well could be skewed. That does sound like a hell of a high number. ..

OfflineStankyBitch
Re: Abortion. [Re: isis]
    #522157 - 01/16/02 08:12 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I really hate this kind of topic. I am taking a comparative religion class and we have only discussed drugs thus far. I can only dread the day that we discuss abortion. I hate the view that there is ONE absolute truth. I cannot understnad that statement. Everyone has different cells and therfore perceives things differently (including identical twins). Therefore, no two people perceive truth as being the exact same thing. Symbols are a very important part of life. Words are symbols. The word "Car" is NOT the same as the tangible hunk of metal that people drive around everyday. I hope you guys understand what I am trying to say when I discuss symbols. Anyway, I think people who don't listen to other people's ideas are the ones who are the worst (Pro-choice or not). This website is GREAT becuase people can discuss things openly. I believe that a person grows CONSIDERABLY by interacting with other people that challenge them. I really do not know what I would do if my GF got pregnant. I hope it does not happen because she is on Birth Control and I were condoms with spermicide. It is EXTREMELY tempting to be stupid about sex, but I try to think rational. Do I really want to be emotionally responsible for somone for the rest of my life (or at least for the next 18-21 years)? Do I want to kill something that could be viewed as a human being? I would say nay to both of those answers. That is why I think before I have my 30 second orgasm. I hope I never have to make the abortion decision. BY the way, in cases of rape, I believe an abortion is okay or if the mother is extremely ill. THe child can't live without the mother (usually). Well, I'm done, so some asshole can tear me to shreds, I'm ready to grow... :-)

OfflineStankyBitch
Re: Abortion. [Re: StankyBitch]
    #522159 - 01/16/02 08:18 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I apologize for not proof reading my last post.

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #522703 - 01/16/02 05:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I say if a woman wants to murder her baby then fine do it, but don't expect me or other tax payers to finance it i put the guilt on your sholders.

It's good to see you are pro-choice Rail_Gun.

And, as stated before, abortion clinics are not tax-payer subsidized. Your taxes do not go to killing innocent cells.

Don't come whinning in some abortion discussion group how you wish you wouldn't of done it and it's a brave choice.

That's a freedom of choice people have. As long as the host of the chat or discussion group does not ban the person, they are allowed to whine about it or sing it's praises to all who would listen. You have the choice of ignoring it.

Abortion is Fun. Enjoy it.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Abortion. [Re: PGF]
    #522745 - 01/16/02 06:17 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>>>It's good to see you are pro-choice Rail_Gun.

I am not pro-abortion. Abortion should be considered first degree premeditated murder with a life sentence or death penalty like it used to be before Roe V. Wade as far as I'm concerned. Abortion is MURDER.

LIFE BEGINS AT CONCEPTION.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#522747 - 01/16/02 06:19 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>>>Abortion is Fun. Enjoy it.

How could someone enjoy somthing so evil as infanticide? It would take a real sicko to enjoy murder.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#522804 - 01/16/02 07:25 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

****It's good to see you are pro-choice Rail_Gun.****

actually i am pro-choice..i choose not to murder babies. Any woman that has an abortion in my book is damaged goods...i don't care if you were young and stupid..the only difference from when you were young and stupid then is that your old now..nothing has changed.

don't confuse Rail_Gun with myself...we are entirely different persona's

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #522837 - 01/16/02 07:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I know you are different...it's just the gun by your name.

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Innvertigo]
    #523041 - 01/16/02 11:54 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#523238 - 01/17/02 06:39 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

LOL...i should of saw that coming..they are still skanky in my book...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order