Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
My theory on the 12th planet (planet X)
    #512325 - 01/06/02 05:36 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

After reading this site: http://xfacts.com/x5.html (I started from the first page) I have decided to pose a theory on why there could be an orbit as such on http://xfacts.com/x5.html of Planet X.

If the core of all the planets are made of the same elements (ex: carbon) then maybe the Sun keeps carbon based objects in its orbit. Planet X might not be carbon based, and there could be a unknown object (black hole maybe) far outside the reaches of Pluto and in the center of Planet X's orbit. The black hole might keep objects of the same base as Planet X in it's orbit, explaining why it might have such a fucked up orbit that crosses so far into our system.

Thats my belief, and it makes sense to me:-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKeepAskingTime
addict
Loc: Central PA
Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: SherlockDrubu]
    #512329 - 01/06/02 05:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hmmm, my thoughts are swirling over this....

--------------------
I'm praying for infinite lapdances in heaven and an infinite supply of cocaine to snort out of Angelina Jolie's ass crack.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #512369 - 01/06/02 06:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Plenty of objects orbit the sun in fucked up (highly eccentric) orbits. Comets have virtually the same pattern: they spend most of their time well outside the solar system and wander in toward the sun every few thousand years. It has to do with how the sun captured the bodies in its gravitational pull, not black holes. If there was a black hole in our solar neighborhood, we'd have been swallowed up billions of years ago.

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #512382 - 01/06/02 06:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I don't mean it is a black hole, it was an example of an object like our sun... one that attracts bodies of certain chemical bases. If you go to the site http://xfacts.com/x5.html and look at the picture, it has a HUGELY fucked up orbit, as if it revolves around something totally different than the sun. This helps my theory about it as the sun doesn't seem to affect it's orbit (the orbit of the object would be near the center, and in the pic, the sun is on the edge) Why would the orbit of this planet stretch so far towards the sun and away from it if it was in our solar system. I think it would be part of a different solar system, involving a star or some object outside of our pulling on Planet X, but not on Pluto or Uranus or Neptune because they have different base elements. Understand what I'm trying to say?

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #512402 - 01/06/02 06:38 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I understand what you mean about it looking like its orbiting another body, but that orbit can come about because when Nibiru was gravitationally captured by our sun, it was travelling at a high velocity. This high velocity (and kinetic energy) enables it to travel very far away from the sun in its orbit before finally being dragged back. I'm not sure how to explain it better, but a highly eccentric orbit simply implies a high velocity of travel, not necessarily a second foci of the orbit. A slower traveling body (like a planet) would result in a more circular orbit. Again, the picture on that site could just as well be describing the orbit of a comet around our sun.

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

#512405 - 01/06/02 06:40 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I don't really see what it is you are trying to say. Planets orbit a star because of gravity, not because of their chemical makeup.

Offlinefeign
Explorer
Loc: US of A
    #512426 - 01/06/02 07:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I think it's great that you have taken the time and interest to come up with your own ideas on things, but unfortunately orbits have nothing to do with "base elements" and everything to do with gravity.

First of all, I'd be a little skeptical of all the information on that site, based on the fact that their depictions of planetary orbits are completely wrong. Planets don't orbit in circles, they orbit in ellipses. Because they are ellipses, there are two focal points, however, the second one is just a point in space. The reason they are ellipses is because of their velocities when approaching the sun, not because of a second massive object affecting their orbits.

So it's really not too surprising that this "planet X" could be at such an eccentric orbit, since almost all comets follow such an path (again, this has been said)

So, sorry to shoot down your theory and all, it's great that you even took the interest to come up with one...it's just not exactly correct, hehe.

--------------------
Remember I'll always love you as I claw your fucking throat away. It will end no other way.
-Tool

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: feign]
    #512534 - 01/06/02 08:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It's always cool to think different...

Maybe gravity is specific in what it chooses to pull, which could explain some parts of my theory. We cannot determine that gravity chooses what it chooses to pull outside of Earth... everything we know is based on what happens when on Earth... The gravity of the sun might be a different type of gravity than the Earth has, but this is unlikely with satellites and all... there are infinate possibilities of what might be when it comes to deep space

Offlinefeign
Explorer
    #512696 - 01/06/02 10:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well, that is certainly an interesting thought, and honestly, no one can really prove you wrong right now, as we don't really know what gravity is anyway. Hehe

--------------------
Remember I'll always love you as I claw your fucking throat away. It will end no other way.
-Tool

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #513014 - 01/07/02 08:41 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If we did not have basic understanding of gravity and if it were not consistent throughout the solar system, it would be impossible to land a spacecraft on Mars some 30 million miles away.

Try reading physics and astronomy books instead of dribble.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: Swami]
    #513642 - 01/07/02 08:05 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

True, but it might not be the same throughout the UNIVERSE.

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Loc: New Zealand
    #513960 - 01/08/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

If gravity worked differently anywhere in the universe -- to the extent that you're suggesting -- it would be fucking obvious. Galaxies with more carbon in them, to use your example, would spin faster than a galaxy of similar mass with less carbon. We would notice. Also, carbon is a comparetively late arrival in the universe, whereas gravity has been around since the very begininning -- or, atleast, a few billionths of a second after it.

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: Pynchon]
    #514094 - 01/08/02 05:10 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hey that's science talk! strictly forbidden. keep quiet science boy we don't need your phoney science babble here, go on and eat some macdonalds you and all the rest of yer science-lovin friends. you make me sick.

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: Traveller]
    #514096 - 01/08/02 05:14 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I hate MacDonalds.

Put down the cough syrup. Everything will be OK.

Offlinefeign
Explorer
    #518758 - 01/12/02 07:06 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I would say that while it's HIGHLY unlikely that gravity has *anything* at all to do with chemical composition, we certainly have no idea what it really has to do with.

Sure, we know that gravity is pretty uniform (that right there rules out anything related to chemical composition), but we definitely have no idea why it's like it is. The details of gravity is one of the great unanswered questions of physics.

--------------------
-Tool

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#519100 - 01/13/02 03:27 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

A theory on a fantasy makes no sense whatsoever.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#519106 - 01/13/02 03:40 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

There is not one piece of evidence to show anything different, no matter how"cool" it is is to make these outrageous statements.

Get a degree and get published. But no, That would take effort and disicpline. Much easier to just spout tripe with no back-up than to do any real research.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (02/07/02 04:33 AM)

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
Re: My theory on the 12th planet (planet X) [Re: Swami]
    #540799 - 02/04/02 11:24 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>>There is not one piece of evidence to show anything different, no matter >>how"cool" it is is to make these outrageous statements.

>>Get a dgreee and get published. But no, That would take effort and disicpline. >>Much easier to just spout tripe with no back-up than to do any real research.

A degree is only a piece of paper saying you have officially studied something. I do not need a degree to havean imagination. If you feel the need for someone to say "Well, you've got a degree, so we are gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on your thoughts." then so be it.

Lack of evidence doesn't mean lack of proof, it just means lack of discovery. How can one judge what the universe is like 40 million light years away when one has not traveled that far? All of the laws of physics are Earth-based, and no doubt would be different under different conditions (place in solar system, galaxy, universe)

So for you to come here and discredit any imagination I have is just utter bullshit. Without imaginaton, we wouldn't have shit for technological advances. Which means no internet, which means no flaming for Swami to do to raise his self-confidense due to lack of imagination.

InvisiblePynchon
Slow Learner

#540873 - 02/05/02 12:57 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

None of my business, but I'm interested in why you think the laws of physics would "no doubt be different under different conditions"? Why would the universe have one set of laws for us and another for who/whatever else might be out there? What makes us so special?

Surely if we can see something forty million light years away, we atleast know that light (and presumably other forms of radiation, ie gravity) behave in the same way as they do here...

Imagination is a fine thing, but knowledge should form the foundation for any castle in the sky...

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
    #540938 - 02/05/02 02:30 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

There are thoughts going around in the scientific community now that the physical laws we experience are local. This has nothing to do with us, or how special we are. There might simply be local variations in the laws around in the universe. Look up New Scientist no 2326 (damn, 23 again..., sorry, other topic...)
Read the article about "gravastars". I think that's where I read it. Might have been NS 2325 though, in the article about anti-gravity.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder