Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Al-Jazeera Hires Staff From ABC, CNN
    #5184815 - 01/15/06 07:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Al-Jazeera Hires Staff From ABC, CNN

Former ABC News Nightline correspondent Dave Marash has signed with the Arab News network al-Jazeera's new English-language network.

Marash, 63, told The Los Angeles Times al-Jazeera is a thoroughly respectable news organization and his new position is the most interesting job on Earth.

The Emmy Award-winner will be a co-anchor for a news program from the Qatar-based network's Washington studio with a still-to-be-named female co-anchor, the Times said.

The Bush administration has criticized al-Jazeera for inflammatory reports, the Times said. It has been the first on a number of occasions to broadcast communications from terrorist leaders.

Other new al-Jazeera employees include former BBC and CNN reporter Riz Khan, CNN producer James Wright and former CNN editor/producer Kieran Baker. Josh Rushing, a former Marine Corps information officer in Iraq who was featured in the 2004 documentary Control Room, has also been hired by al-Jazeera.

Marash said he may be risking his good name, but I don't think it's a serious risk.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20060113-092034-3475r

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Al-Jazeera Hires Staff From ABC, CNN [Re: Catalysis]
    #5184913 - 01/15/06 07:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Honestly, I don't really have a problem with Al Jazeera. I don't think they're any less reputable than ABC or CNN. They may have their biases like any other news organization, but you can get the same facts from them as you could from any other news organization, and the rhetoric I've seen from them is not as inflammatory as Fox News. Of course, I've only seen their website, and haven't actually had the chance to see them on TV(nor would I be able to understand what they're saying).

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Al-Jazeera Hires Staff From ABC, CNN [Re: Silversoul]
    #5185264 - 01/15/06 09:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Honestly, I don't really have a problem with Al Jazeera. I don't think they're any less reputable than ABC or CNN. They may have their biases like any other news organization, but you can get the same facts from them as you could from any other news organization, and the rhetoric I've seen from them is not as inflammatory as Fox News. Of course, I've only seen their website, and haven't actually had the chance to see them on TV(nor would I be able to understand what they're saying).

Agreed. Media is media if its arab or american its always gonna have its bias, if there wasnt programming like al jazeera then information gathered on the enemy would be a lot hard.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion