Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetomatofarmer
enthusiast
heating pad or aquar. heater please reply!
    #516927 - 01/10/02 11:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

heating pad vs aquar. heater Edit Reply

which is better for heating the grow chamber...which is better for incoubation
thanks
and by the way i have read alll the teks i can find i have searched and searched but no tek seems to cover this subject to well....as far as heating goes..
i considered using two tubs and an aquariam heater wnad a water bath for incoubation...can i also use this same methos to keep it warm during flowering? would i need to change to a heating pad?
pleasde give me some advice...i am ordering my spores monday......and i also got to decide how to heat it...i am going with perlite for humidity factor...please any advice will be greatly applied with ease..
Lee

P.S. will a heating pad be enough to heat my grow chamber i plan to grow 12 cakes at once...will it get hot enough?

--------------------
I swear those mushrooms are going on my pizza officer!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: heating pad or aquar. heater please reply! [Re: tomatofarmer]
    #517144 - 01/11/02 06:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

A good aquarium heater will keep exact temp.
Most heating pads will not.
the effort to get up a good heat distribution system is more of a hassle with the aquarium heater.
the pad you just put under the box/container

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

OfflineHumidity
Mad Scientist
Loc: Somewhere in Northeast OH
Re: heating pad or aquar. heater please reply! [Re: DinoMyc]
    #517448 - 01/11/02 01:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Some people swear by the heating pad, but it is very difficult to maintain a constant temp many times it will overheat and will either dry everything out or kill everything.

Aquarium heaters are a far better choice. Aquarium heaters will maintain a constant water temperature, which can be used to heat the air to a constant temperature.

The best way is to have a separate reservoir with about 10 gallons of water and a water heater set to the desired temperature. A thermometer is nice to have for reading water temperatures. Then you pump water through tubes that go into your terrarium/incubator. The warm water will heat the air to the right temperature and maintain it there. A well insulated container is the best thing to use, like a Styrofoam cooler or even a regular cooler. If you have a lot more jars and a cooler is too small, then you might want to buy insulation at home depot or any other home improvement place and insulate a container that is the right size. The insulation looks just like Styrofoam, but it is sold in large squares that can be cut to what ever size you need.

Another option that is cheaper and usually just as effective is placing your heater in a tall skinny glass container filled with water and placing it in your terrarium/incubator. The drawbacks of this method are the container takes up a lot of space in your terrarium/incubator and the heat distribution is not as good.

--------------------
_____________________________________________________________________________________
"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking

Edited by Humidity (01/11/02 01:24 PM)

OfflineNecron99
Protect youreyes from flyingsugar!

Loc: SATx
Re: heating pad or aquar. heater please reply! [Re: tomatofarmer]
    #518400 - 01/12/02 11:03 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I keep a few towels covering the area the pad is under.
About 3 dish towels folded in half keeps the temp over the pad at 85 degrees. The floor under the pad is nice and cool from the crawlspace beneath the floor, and the incubator is raised by rubber feet for air exchange so the pad doesn't overheat.

To keep the even rotation of jars and fruiting cakes in the meager space I have for growing, I just keep the jars inthe half of the incubator that sits at a lower temp until I'm ready for them to colonize agressively, then I move them over to the heated area and they start colonizing like maaaaad !!!

--------------------

"Puny earthlings do not yet know the meaning of the word suffering!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract