Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
No wonder people surpress the paranormal * 1
    #5183600 - 01/15/06 02:05 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You become hated for it.

I never asked to see UFO's. I never aksed to see orbs/ghosts or what ever it was I saw.

I even state that I don't believe in anything myself 100%.

Yet people hate me if I tell of what I have seen.

This proves to me that these things hide theirselves.

Cause the majority want to be "normal" lol and secure. So its easier to never tell anyone what you see or even lie to yourself than to be hated by the majority.

I have recieved tons of hatred ratings, just because I tell the truth about what I've seen. Maybe I should just be like 'them' and spend my whole life in a box nulling my mind with another box (TV). Its a sad sad world to me.

All these people with their heads up their arses, I only have 3 friends out of hundreds that are even willing to of listened to whats happened to me let alone accept it as truth.

It obvious to me why they act like this. They want to feel safe. And when they are confronted by the unknown they feel scared - thus they reject it. The don't even stay open to possability - as I try to. They take the extreme standpoint and full out reject it.

People like that just make me think fuck this world, I'm never going to fit into this world when its so full of utter ignorance. It makes me sometimes want to just give up...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Ego Death] * 1
    #5183679 - 01/15/06 02:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Cause the majority want to be "normal" lol and secure. So its easier to never tell anyone what you see or even lie to yourself than to be hated by the majority.

This post probably does better in Mental & Physical Wellbeing.

It's hard to define just which group is the majority, secure and unhated. Is it the Americans? The whites? The Muslims?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5183862 - 01/15/06 03:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah.. even only telling when you are asked ..

It is all good though, the majority is awakening to the fact that hating others, are the hate of self.. fears, etc.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #5184352 - 01/15/06 05:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It obvious to me why they act like this. They want to feel safe. And when they are confronted by the unknown they feel scared - thus they reject it. The don't even stay open to possability - as I try to. They take the extreme standpoint and full out reject it.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Silversoul] * 1
    #5187556 - 01/16/06 03:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Does this satire you post mean you disagree with my assertion that the majority of people would rather feel 'normal' and 'secure'?

I do find it amusing, though! :grin:

Edited by danoEoboy (01/16/06 03:48 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Booby] * 1
    #5187592 - 01/16/06 03:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yes it is hard to define.

Although I will try  :smile:

The majority as I see it are the ones who eat in Maccy D, love television and spend most of their time in boxes.

Boxes meaning there houses and pubs, their cars and the box that confines their own mind.

Its alot easier to eat a Maccy D than to accept that you are actually consuming some cows mashed up anus and eyelids!

The same applies for the paranormal.  Its alot easier to disregard(and even actively hate/mock in an attempt to surpress) than to accept that much of this stuff is very possibly real.

The odds would be 50/50 as nobody here really has enough facts or experience to say completely one way or another - yet they are!

I geuss I could be viewed as extreme for attempting to present the case for E.T's in the past but even I have stated over and over that I am not 100% sure of ANYTHING.  It just appears to me (considering what I've seen) and millions of accounts from others that it is more likely than the opposite extreme viewpoint of their being no E.T life.

As for them visiting Earth - nobody can really say but I hear many extremely presumptious answers when I suggest the possability.  This suggests the mind has already been made up without considering the posablilites at hand here.

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #5187804 - 01/16/06 04:40 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

its good to be different, but too much og anything is unhealthy. being normal isnt exactly eating maccy ds, its a mental state too. concentrating on differences is the root of most problems.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5187993 - 01/16/06 05:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Does this satire you post mean you disagree with my assertion that the majority of people would rather feel 'normal' and 'secure'?

I do find it amusing, though! :grin:

Actually, it's a charicature of your paranoid belief that people here are "supressing" the paranormal, rather than simply maintaining a skeptical mind towards your rather outlandish assertions.

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5188496 - 01/16/06 07:13 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
No wonder people surpress the paranormal
You become hated for it.

I only have 3 friends out of hundreds that are even willing to of listened to whats happened to me let alone accept it as truth.

Only 3 out of hundreds of your friends accept what you say as truth...Or only 3 people out of hundreds believe you are not making things up.

I'm probably being a pain in the butt here, I've experienced some weird stuff and occaisionaly it'll come up in conversation.

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
I even state that I don't believe in anything myself 100%.

I can't gaurantee that everything I have experienced is true either; so the problem isn't that people doubt that what we experienced was real...The problem is that we expect unbiased opinions even tho our own opinions are biased.

Conflict of opinion is normal. The Christians of course prefer everyone to think their way, and the whites might prefer thinking everyone they meet online is white and some people may be carrying a chip on their shoulder because the general atmosphere expects everyone to be Christian or white...but that just isn't so. So as soon as we get over expecting everyone to have an unbiased attitude then we can get on with enjoying what we get out of the net without expecting everyone to accept everything as the God's honest Truth. If a Christian gets upset because you're not a Christian then that's their problem.

So I guess that means if you get upset then that's your problem. Make sense?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5194770 - 01/18/06 11:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You avoid my question as it proves you incorrect.

People desire to feel secure and normal thus the inherent surpresson of anything deemed as not that.

To be truly skeptical one must keep an open mind.

The majority have made up their minds.

These are facts and thus not a paranoid delusion. If it were paranoia then there wouldn't be many people who agree with me. Yet everyone I know who has seen a ghost or a UFO has thought about it and agreed that the majority do not want to know.

The reason for that is inside us all. Human survival insticts.

I don't even like admitting it myself. I don't like the fact that the unknown does occur. But when confronted with it as close and sure as some have been it becomes hard to deny.

We'd all rather the world fitted to our own idealisms but in reality, it doesn't.

The same applies for a racist. Ideally they wouldn't have the colour or colours of skins they dislike in their perfect world. But because those colours of skin do exist, they harbour hatred against them.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Booby] * 1
    #5194791 - 01/18/06 12:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I agree, only I can upset me.  People talk and talk is cheap.

I don't mind people stating their views but why actively attempt to hurt someones feelings in any way possible.

Whast bothers me is how low my fellow man is.  They cannot see what they have become.  They are beasts with no understanding or logic for why they feel how they do.

The cannot ever accept being wrong for their ego's block them.

I accept being wrong all the time.  That is how we learn but then we 'grow up' and believe we know t all :shake:

I hope I keep learning forever as opposed to becoming some stubborn old fool...

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5194831 - 01/18/06 12:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Also,
I never stated here. I stated the population in general.

I have also stated in the very first post and almost every other that I believe in nothing 100%

Thus my 'assertions' are to be taken hypothetically.

I am more skeptical than you, as I have not made my mind up.

You have already decided what you think I am. You have judged me without understanding or properly reading anything I have said.

Thats not being skeptical, thats being judgemental. You should learn what skeptisicm is actually about.

A true skeptic doesn't make assumptions or judge or consider any theory outlandish.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5194847 - 01/18/06 12:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Properly speaking, philosophical skepticism, or "pyrrhonism", is a philosophical position which refrains from making truth claims. A skeptic does not claim that truth is impossible (which would be a truth claim). The word is commonly used to describe other philosophies which appear similar, for instance "academic" skepticism, which was an ancient variant of platonism according to which knowledge of truth was impossible. Empiricism is a closely related position which can be seen as a pragmatic compromise between skepticism and nomothetic science; skepticism is sometimes refered to as "radical empiricism."

Additionally, the word "sceptic" is commonly used in today's vernacular to describe someone who habitually doubts commonly accepted ideas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skeptic

Read and learn.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #5198818 - 01/19/06 12:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Welcome to the wonderful world of the truthful eccentric. Your friends will think you are fucking insane. People on the internet will call you stupid names and try to make fun of you and discredit you with endless rhetoric and uber lame attempts at humor. Your parents will probably disown you. This is just the beginning of the great things you have to look forward to as one who speaks his mind about what he sees in todays society without regards for the motherfucking "status quo", or what is "accepted".

Fuck the box.

People do want their security blanket. They want to believe everything the government has told them. They want to believe in their 401k, their nice house, their fancy car, and their retirement plan. They don't want to think about aliens from other dimensions.. what does that have to do with them? The government tells us that aliens are bad, and are here to destroy us. The government tells us that aliens do not exist. People love to live in this little materialistic fantasy world  that society has built. It provides them with the false sense of security where they can safely step back and question OTHER people's interpretations of reality, instead of their own.

I'm the biggest skeptic here. I say what I think, and I generally don't give a shit what other people think about what I say. I do not arrive at my thoughts by some fantasy or dream of illogical thought. Logic is central to my thought process, I am my own biggest internal skeptic. I check myself 500 times before I even begin to think a thought. If I think I experienced some aliens with a group of friends, I don't just go post about it on the internet. I talk with my friends, see what they experienced... I hyponotize myself and regress back, I read and I absorb as much as I possibly can, so that I can make the best informed decision as possible regarding whatever circumstances they be.

When someone says, "I believe in leprechauns". I don't try and discredit them. I don't tell them they are full of shit. Why? Because who the fuck am I to tell someone else what they should or should not believe in. That would make ME full of shit, to try and discredit something I have no fucking idea about. We are experience our own versions of reality, and as far as I'm concerned, every reality is fucking valid. And how the fuck do I even know that leprechauns dont exist if I have never seen them? I've never bowled a 300 game, that doesn't mean it's impossible.

You're absolutely right in the fact that a lot of so called "skeptics" are not skeptical at all. They already have their minds made up. When presented with logical facts, they will usually ignore them completely, or change the subject, or try to turn the tables against you.  When presented with subjective experience, they will claim it as bias. A true skeptic keeps their mind open to all possibilities. Burden of proof becomes burden of impossibility. Wait a second what the fuck is going on here... I didn't sign up to prove anything to anyone.. I'm not here to change some assholes opinion about himself. I was only trying to share my intimate experiences to see if their were others, and all of a sudden I turn into the fucking spokesman for alien contact. I become the central target for bullshit by people who are insecure in themselves and their beliefs. When skeptics want someons to make fun of, they target me publically. When other people want someone to confide in, they send me a PM. People who have no idea who I am, or what I stand for, in real life.. all of a sudden think they know the inner workings of Shroomism to a T, based on something they read or what someone else said about me, the way they subjectively interpreted my words. I'm not here to cater to assumptions, I'm here to help. But I only help those that want to be helped.

It's easy to go with the general opinion. It's hard work having a different opinion than most people, they will usually go against you. It takes perseverence and dedication. But somebody has to do it, RIGHT? Or else there would be no light bulb, and the Earth would still be flat. Change does not occur by everyone being safe in their little illusionary bubbles they have created, and everyone agreeing with everyone. All our lives, we are told what to think, and what to believe, by government, school, parents, religion, society, etc... and when someone comes along and believes in something different, they are automatically hated outcasts. It wouldn't do to shatter the precious walls of illusion.

I may be completely wrong, but I believe in aliens. Why? Because I have experienced them, many times. Do I need more reason? No. It's my own personal truth. The reason our world is not in mass contact with aliens, is because we are divided. What advanced sentient civilization would want to have anything to do with a planet full of ignorant fools fighting amongst themselves? How are we supposed to embrace other civilizations if we cannot even embrace our own?

It's easier to just go with the flow, and think what the general population thinks. But if you ask me, that's for suckers. I say think for yourself, and form your own damn opinions about the nature of reality and the universe based on your own experiences. Reality is subjective at best, and empiricism is a crock of shit. But maybe that's just my aquarian nature speaking..

And on a completely unrelated side note.... chicks dig guys with confidence, who will stand up for what they believe in :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #5198889 - 01/19/06 01:08 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

And you get told that your paranoid! :rotfl:

I'm glad your willing to tell the truth!

BTW - How did you first contact the beings or did they come to you?
Is it possible for anybody to do it?
If so, what techniques do you use?

Thanks!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #5199415 - 01/19/06 04:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well.. my first 'conscious' experience, was as the result of me and several friends who were messing around (experimenting) with telepathy, practicing with each other.. and somehow that led to deep discussions about the possibility of sentient beings from other planets and/or galaxies, with the ability for interstellar space travel. So we got to trying to contact these possible beings by sending out telepathic messages of our desire for open communication. Well, that same night, we were in my friend's house at about 2am.. there was 8 of us.. and we all entered this really surreal trance state.. almost like a dream but we were still "conscious".. then we felt the presence of these 'entities' entering the room and doing some sort of 'scan' on all of us.. and this encounter lasted a couple hours I think.. it was all very surreal.. long story behind it.. and how it effected everyone who was there in different ways. Anyways, later on I discover that those beings were the service-to-self type, and we drew them by sending out our "telepathic call" in no state of love or service to humanity.. we were just naive and sort of fearful.. so we attracted the 'fear-based beings'. I learned all about this later.. hindsight is 20/20.. and developed my own method for centering in love and light and only contacting those beings who serve the divine light.

We reside in the 3rd dimension. (Although that is changing.. and is relative) Some people are fluctuating between the 3rd and 4th as they transition. Anyways.. these beings, reside in the 4th and 5th dimensions. (When I say dimension I am referring to a state of consciousness.... not the scientific definition..) In the 4th dimension, there is a loss of ego identity and reintegration of group identity. In short, in the 4th dimension.. all thought occurs on what we know as the "subconscious" level.. there is no conscious, waking, 'ego'. Therefore they cannot communicate with us on that level.. the level of ego.. the waking reality that we humans in the 3rd dimension consider the most valid portions of reality. They are not going to downshift into a lower dimension in order to verify their existence to us.. they have already made the effort to meet us halfway.. it is our responsibility to go the other way, this means going outside of the box of what we perceive as "normal contact". I.e - talking to someone's head.

They see it like this. Imagine that there are three parts to the consciousness, unconscious, subconscious, and conscious. In an integrated being.. these three things are united as one and the same thing.. parts of a whole. In our 3rd dimension consciosness, they are fragmented.. separated from one another. Imagine this manifesting in the physical body... the head is the conscious, the torso is the subconscious, and the bottom half is the unconscious. We humans often only talk to each other's heads. Talking to heads. When in reality, for complete communication.. we should be talking to the entire body as a single unit. This is only a quick example of the fragmentation of consciousness in the 3rd dimension as compared to how it is seen from the 4th.

Of course it is totally possible for anyone to do this. Everyone has a subconscious. We are all one... I would even go so far as to say that everyone on Earth has already been contacted by "aliens", but that most people do not accept it as a valid part of reality. (For example, the experience came while in a trance state, a dream, or a delusional state)... so they just discount it as 'thinking crazy' or some such thing. It is sad that our society only puts credit in one aspect of viewing reality.. for there are many levels. We are multidimensional beings.. we are not confined to one single "wavelength". All reality is valid.

As for techniques.. there is a world of them. The most important thing I can recommend is to be centered in love. This means that you radiate love from the core of your inner being, and have nothing but love for yourself and those around you. Pretty self-explanatory. I will say this without a shadow of a doubt - you can conquer, destroy, eliminate, or transcend any doubt, fear, inner vice or malevolent being with purest divine love from the core of your being. No doubt, no fear.. because those things cannot exist simultaneously with love. Love transcends ALL fear, and all variants of it.

Meditation is, of course, very important. In order to be precise as a telepath, you must have complete control over your thoughts. Meditation is one way of "practicing' to focus your concentration. If you control your thoughts, you control your life. Pretty simple concept. Meditation will help you in any aspect that has to do with life, and focus of your will.. which is every situation. And meditation does not have to mean lotus position.. humming a mantra.. although that's fine if that's what you want to do.. but I can meditate anytime, anywhere.. it's merely a state of mind.. focusing your mind on one thing, anything.. with the utmost concentration. The more you 'practice', the easier it gets. The easier it gets, the easier it is to focus, on anything, anytime.

There is no surefire way I know of 'contacting aliens'. You simply exist to improve and evolve yourself, love the people you love around you.. and let the universe take its course. If you want to 'summon' spirit guides and other celestial entities well then more power to you. We all have 'spirit guides', and we were all in spirit form at one time or another.. everyone has been in contact with "aliens".. or should I say the other aspect of ourselves.. it's just a matter of how aware you are of it, whether you accept it or not, and how open you keep your mind to the limitless possibilities. For in this universe, potential is infinite. And the universe is highly populated with sentient lifeforms, and civilizations which are bilions of years ahead of us in terms of evolution. So it is not wise (rather foolish, actually..) for us to assume we know everything, when we really know nothing, in the grand scheme of things. The purpose of life is to evolve mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.. through experience. This is a perpetual process, remain humble. Spiral out, keep going.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5202282 - 01/20/06 10:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Do these beings also live in physical form i.e could we see them or are they purely energy/counciousness (no word for this really)?

I'm guessing that both types and many variations exist.

Although egotistical;
Have the beings ever given you anything that would be considered evidence by a scientist i.e Physical/future knowledge?

Or could/would they even!

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #5214100 - 01/23/06 01:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Change the world...change your mind :lol:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: BlueCoyote] * 1
    #5216837 - 01/24/06 06:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hey Dano and shroomism, I think you both should look into psychological archetypes. It might help you understand some of the feelings you have.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#5218134 - 01/24/06 03:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Do these beings also live in physical form i.e could we see them or are they purely energy/counciousness (no word for this really)?

I'm guessing that both types and many variations exist.

Although egotistical;
Have the beings ever given you anything that would be considered evidence by a scientist i.e Physical/future knowledge?

Or could/would they even!

The future doesn't exist. Now is the only thing that's real.

It is fine to say that reality is subjective. This view accomodates for aberrations in people's psyches and paranormal and mystical phenomenon. All experience is filtered through the lense of your senses and consciousness. However, if you define 'alien contact' as something that is intimately personal and an aspect of your own psyche, an individual reality that is your own but that is valid, but at the same time assert that certain 'alien' phenomenon occur within a dimensional reality that we all share, but then insist that people are ignorant or weak or foolish if they don't acknowledge it, I feel it is time to turn the lense back to yourselves, my friends.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#5218477 - 01/24/06 04:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
:dancing:

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Viveka] * 1
    #5225700 - 01/26/06 11:43 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Stay open minded thats all I can say,
You guys arn't gonna want to hear this but if you saw what I depict in my avatar,
Then you too would be the DanoEoBoy.

Theres no archetype when its staring you and your friends in the face.

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5225754 - 01/26/06 12:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Stay open minded thats all I can say,
You guys arn't gonna want to hear this but if you saw what I depict in my avatar,
Then you too would be the DanoEoBoy.

If I saw such a thing, it may or may not convince me that aliens visit Earth. It certainly would not turn me into a danoEoboy, as I would not go around imaging that my ideas are being supressed.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5230881 - 01/27/06 12:24 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Its not my idea & it is not imagined. Any UFOlogist will tell you that the government classifies or has classified information relating to UFO incidents, its widely known.

Besides, it suppresses itself.

Who wants to believe that there is a superior race flying around our planet that could do anything they wish to us?

Many people don't stay open-minded. They disbelieve because they cannot handle the possibilty that it may be true.

I have explained many times my thoughts about humans and security. We all want to be secure and we are all afraid of the unknown. It is this that sways the majority to disbelief.

Why do you say that I think MY ideas are being surpressed. If they were then surely the suppressor would be deleting my posts.

I'm not that paranoid!

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5230892 - 01/27/06 12:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

What I do think is imagined; is a false conception of myself in relation to a few words placed on an internet site.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #5256191 - 02/02/06 05:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Terence McKenna has said it many times, and I firmly belive it:  CULTURE IS NOT YOUR FRIEND. IT INSULTS YOU.

You are so much more than the archetypes, social barriers, cultural mores, and accepted truths.

Shroomism... everything - IS - everything :wink: at cha!

Once you start to realize anything is possible, and anything is real. I'm feeling kind of lazy but compelled to reply so here's a simple example:

When you dream, lucid or not--does it seem "real" to you? Of course it does...you "see" with your mind. So if the "real world" has influence over the people and places in your dreams, what kind of influence does the dream-state have over this reality. Both seem real, but both offer diffrent types of "interfaces" with diffrent boundaries.

If information from one reality can show up in multiple realities per night in your dreams...then one wonders, is the informational pathway between the two states of consciousness one-way only?

*whew* does that make any sense to anyone yet?

Once you accept that if somthing "seems real" it is, the world suddenly changes. Your mindset slowly starts to creep closer and closer to that of the pre-illiterate-archaic mindset. Shamans do their magic in this realm.

Right now, i'm currently trying to cope with becoming aware of more than a "normal person" would. I'm seeing ghost images, faces of greys under my eyelids when i meditate, tracers more often, beings that disapear out of the corner of my eye....I think my consciousness is awakenening to a new kind of awareness...one that I've only been in contact with on psychedelics. That awareness -- that mindstate always feels "like home" when I get there.

I know I  have always existed, will forever exist, and really was never created or anything. I simply am, have, and will be.

My friend told me the other day:

"The diffrence between me and you is that I know everything is everything. You belive that everything is everything."

He's a really logic-based kind of guy that's done mushrooms a few times. He dosen't see the things or experience the things I tell him about. Thats why he said that to me.

Edited by MystikMushroom (02/02/06 05:07 PM)

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: MystikMushroom] * 1
    #5273080 - 02/07/06 11:45 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, It makes sense although I found it hard to understand at first - it took a couple of reads!

If I am correct - then essentially you are questioning the validity of this reality.

I have heard of the theory before (if you believe it then it can become real) although my subjective reality counters this as being true because when I was a child - I believed in Santa but he never entered everybodies reality and became real!

One could argue that it is only seen by those who believe and I can't think of anyway to test/prove or disprove this notion.

In terms of applying this theory to myself - I have never wanted to see a UFO and when I did see the event you see pictured in my avatar, I was only 8 or 9 and was not aware of what it was.

I asked my parents and drew it for them, it was my parents who were in awe and stated it must be a UFO. Only after this did I then learn about other peoples encounters and the aliens some have claimed to of met within.

We need some base to put this subjective reality upon and the assumption that our senses are, most of the time, the real reality is one of them. Without that we have nothing but the realm of the imagination!

--------------------

Offlinesecretmachine
lover of mystery

#5331169 - 02/23/06 10:43 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

my question is, why do you care what other people think.. will you only be satisfied when everyone in the world believes you? The people who believe will believe whethere you tell them or not, the people who dont believe would resist belief as they are floating in a spaceship.. and then claim it was all a dream or some other excuse. Besides, what would it change if peole believed in ufo's... would it change their daily life? prolly not. would it change their thinking? maybe they would be a little more open minded, but do aliens have an effect on our daily lives? not for many. This is the very reasoning why i dont try and get other people to believe in what i have experienced.

My advice is to quit trying to convince other people and start learning more yourself, because convincing other people takes time and energy and doesnt give you much back in return. Ignore them and do what you think you should do, and if you run into other believers, great! if not, dont force it, you will only cause yourself heartache.

--------------------
---
A civilization based on authority-and-submission is a civilization without the means of self-correction. Effective communication flows only one way: from master-group to servile-group. Any cyberneticist knows that such a one-way communication channel lacks feedback and cannot behave "intelligently."

the principle of authority" was the "eminently theological, metaphysical and political idea that the masses, always incapable of governing themselves, must submit at all times to the benevolent yoke of a wisdom and a justice, which in one way or another, is imposed from above."
"no one should be entrusted with power, inasmuch as anyone invested with authority must . . . became an oppressor and exploiter of society."

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #5332270 - 02/23/06 04:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You  are a unique special snowflake. You see things others do not. :smirk:

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: secretmachine] * 1
    #5332308 - 02/23/06 05:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: Scarfmeister] * 1
    #5332318 - 02/23/06 05:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well the majority havn't seen them or are ignorant to their presence but alot of people have seen them.

Most (not all) of my friends have seen them.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5332362 - 02/23/06 05:19 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'm just curious why you don't hear about astronomers who actually know a lot about the night sky reporting such objects. Presumably, they'd be very curious about an object they can't explain.

--------------------

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5334610 - 02/24/06 11:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Why YOU don't HEAR about it is harder to explain...

BUT

There is a website that lists astronomers UFO sightings and includes some very famous astronomers!  One of the astronomers had discovered one of the planets.

Sorry I don't have the link or more specific info but if you research it yourself you will find info about astronomers and their UFO sightings.

Also - bear in mind that most astronomers are studing through telescopes, they are looking at very specific areas in space as opposed to just using the naked eye and watching the stars.

If you try some skywatching yourself you will eventually see these 'stars' that move along the sky uite rapidly.  The common explaination is that they are sattelites yet me and lots of different friends have witnessed these 'satellites' performing some very strange behaviour.  Behaviour which is not that of sattelites or any other 'known' space phenomena.

When I had a huge debate on this before on here - I challenged everyone that was certain that they were sattelites to actually go skywatching as I do.  I cannot prove it to anybody - they have to see it for themselves!  Ironically not one of the so called 'skeptics' could actually be bothered to go and look.  They all relied on previous experience or simply convinced themselves that I was deluded or lieing.  Now thats what I call being open-minded :smirk: not.

I suggest sky watching between the hours of 11.00 PM and 3am (where possible).  Try it for a week or two - I'm in no doubt that you will see a UFO that startles you.  If your lucky you will see something that sways your opinion (not that I know your opinion) to knowing UFO craft are real.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5334623 - 02/24/06 11:21 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Many of my friends did not believe at all until they joined me in skywatching.

I've pointed out at least 5 very bizzare phenomena's to other people.

One was 3 'stars' travelling in uniform - they stopped after a few seconds of watching them - then one of them went off in a completely different direction.

Another time I proved it to my friend Tom. We spotted a large red ball just below a cloud we were watching it for about 20 minutes seeking some logical explaination when it started to behave very oddly. A plane was coming for it - in its direction and it disappeared. After the plane had gone by - it reappeared. It then started moving across the sky to a large cloud and seemed to hide itself within it.

Theres many more but go see for yourselves!!!

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#5334639 - 02/24/06 11:25 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:

That's the thing: Many of us have watched the night sky several times, and never seen anything like what you report. Either you live in a UFO hot spot, or you're near some sort of military base or something.

--------------------

Offlineob1kinsmokey
Weekend Warrior
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon (the good part)
    #5334783 - 02/24/06 12:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

or you have a unique connection with a certain group of beings.

not unheard of at all. for all you know you may be uplifting and spreading a new seed of thought everyday with sightings you point out, and stories you tell.

most people that see UFOs on a regular basis dont know why, until they look back and see how many peoples lives have changed because of them. it could be reason, chance. or deep down you may want and feel them, more than you feel or want to be here. and if that is the case the your energy can definetely draw them to you, and your energy can definetely manifests those events happening in your life-

because deep down you may want them to be happening.

--------------------
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees - Henry Thoreau

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

I really love butts.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #5342019 - 02/26/06 05:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

danoEoboy said:
Many of my friends did not believe at all until they joined me in skywatching.

I've pointed out at least 5 very bizzare phenomena's to other people.

One was 3 'stars' travelling in uniform - they stopped after a few seconds of watching them - then one of them went off in a completely different direction.

Another time I proved it to my friend Tom. We spotted a large red ball just below a cloud we were watching it for about 20 minutes seeking some logical explaination when it started to behave very oddly. A plane was coming for it - in its direction and it disappeared. After the plane had gone by - it reappeared. It then started moving across the sky to a large cloud and seemed to hide itself within it.

I've witnessed this same phenomenon before. I've seen what I've always been told were "satalites" doing strange things. Satalites and planes do NOT make perfect 90 turns on a dime...I still can't explain it to this day.

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: MystikMushroom] * 1
    #5344810 - 02/27/06 10:35 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Exactly!

I'm not alone other people see them.

These things are not satellites. Some of them are controlled vehicles that are well beyond our technology. They have been seen by mankind so long that I find it hard to believe they are all military secrets.

Out where I live theres no street lighting to block the view of the sky.

Once I saw one and there was 1 40 year old lady nearby. I told her to look and witness what I was seeing. She just took it in her stride and said to me "Sometimes theres more traffic up there than down here!"

InvisibleEgo Death
 User Gallery

#5344839 - 02/27/06 10:42 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

danoEoboy said:

That's the thing: Many of us have watched the night sky several times, and never seen anything like what you report. Either you live in a UFO hot spot, or you're near some sort of military base or something.

You don't need to be near anything. Most of these objects are approx at sattelite height and thus would be visible - at least - on my side of the hemisphere.

Didn't you read what I said? All I ask is for you to stay open minded and go skywatching yourself. Not rely on previous experience (probably a short attention spanned glance at the sky every now and then).

You seem to have already made your mind up that it is the military or I live in a UFO hotspot. If this is the case - then we may as well end communication here.

If not, then get yourself out somewhere where you can see the sky clearly and spend a couple of weeks just watching closely - like I said - they late to early hours seem to be better.

I cannot prove anything to you through your logical questioning, sorry!

Offlinejonnyjonjonjon
CrackBadger
 User Gallery

Loc: The Pharm
    #11270055 - 10/18/09 08:26 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think you pinned some profound truth there. I never wanted to believe in the paranormal because it makes me feel vulnerable. Vulnerable to things I can't even comprehend. Disbelieving something because of that would be silly. When an ostriche sticks its head in the sand it doesn't become any less vulnerable.

--------------------
Mother goose said to the swan "Is that PCP your cooking?" and the swan replied "Yes, yes it is.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #11270232 - 10/18/09 09:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Who cares what they think?  Who cares if they give you a negative rating?  It's sad that people are so emotionally reactive to other people's subjective personal experience, but it really doesn't matter as long as you are firmly focused in your Self.  Don't let others have so much power over you.  It really doesn't matter what they think or what their business is.  Release attachment to everyone else in life.  Existence is all about you. 

If you can't fit into this world, then stop trying.  Why force it?  You can make your own world.  Make this world into what you want.  It's your life to consciously design. 

I am not unsympathetic to the gist of your post; not at all.  I hear your frustration.  I'm sorry you feel attacked for speaking your truth.  It really sucks to feel repressed and like you can't be open.  But getting uptight about people doesn't help.  Everyone has a role to play this moment.  Enjoy your naysayers and the skeptics.  They're here for a reason.  Enjoy the drama and don't be put off by detractors.  Stay joyous and rooted in your Self and it won't matter what you say or how people respond.

edit:  SUPER OLD THREAD ALERT!!  Just saw that someone else bumped this ancient thread. 

Edited by MOTH (10/18/09 09:27 AM)

Invisibleabysmal
thundercunt

Loc: serious
    #11283028 - 10/20/09 10:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
I'm just curious why you don't hear about astronomers who actually know a lot about the night sky reporting such objects.  Presumably, they'd be very curious about an object they can't explain.

perhaps most who see UFOs or other strange things don't report them because they know they will be called crazy, and maybe even put their career on the line.

--------------------
----------*---------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: No wonder people surpress the paranormal [Re: abysmal] * 1
    #11283377 - 10/20/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've seen the same UFO twice. :smirk:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order