Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
time, god, sex, and infinity
    #514034 - 01/08/02 02:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I was debating once again with someone about .. stuff .. He said that the key factor in everything was time. I dont know what to think. I think stuff happens at the rate we do it, and it happens to be measured in time for convinence, counted by how long a simple task takes[Sun Going Down/divided?] or life time, etc. He then said that if there was no time, everything would happen at once. I thought about it and it seemed as though whether it happens at once, or happens over 'time' it still happens, and the people/things experiance still have the birth/death night/day increments they consider time to keep track of life...but i dont know. What are your thoughts on time?

Of course at that time this chick who has the iq of a rock says "God does exist" ... dont get me wrong, i am not trying to be ignorant..but her reasioning is probably like "Anarchy, fuck the system, fuck religion, athiest4life!" type shit. But then she said 'we came from the big bang' this earned a little respect, but i didnt know how to apply that to there beign a god? maybe not adam and eve, but im tlaking about a god, something that made light, energy, matter, the big bang? an even existance together, something had to create them. "We evolved" WTF shut up, someone had to create us in order to evolve. "no, we evolved from small animals and stuff" i dont know but does the idea of existance mean anything to some people "humans, airplanes, earth, blackholes, energy, light, matter, space, vacuum" whatever it is, i consider it to be 'something' rather than 'nothing' wich would be complete emptiness...so i get a 'then who created god' I dont know,, stupid whore, maybe he created himself, always was always will be.

well anyways, when i think god, i think the foundation of existance, maybe existance itself, not a 'person' but people always seem to say no god is a person you can speak to him. Well we can speak to eachother, we can speak to fucking computers ;p so i would think whatever made that all possible would be a little more than a coffee cup. What im really trying to say is i hate people, but i love them too.

sex, i expect everyone to mention sex in their reply no matter what!

infinity, ill skip this and ask something else. Do you think when you die you will laugh and say "And i actually gave a shit, ha ha ha" ... well i was listening to bill hicks talk about being one with god, and whatever, saying that the government is worried abou the economy. Well our lives, the only ones we see, one this earth, the only one we have, are run by a few people, is this right? but then like i was thinking maybe our playground is alot bigger in the bigger picture. Same ol thought, reapplied and cheese covered.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: time, god, sex, and infinity [Re: tak]
    #514093 - 01/08/02 05:06 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for sharing your bullshit man, I came into this one thinking what's this dude posting more useless crap for and what am I doing wasting my time reading it but you know what I enjoyed reading this little train of thought...weird that there's a computer screen involved because it would feel so much more natural on a back porch or in a living room over a joint or something.

I long for the day when there is no computer in my home!

Offlinemarijuanaman04
journeyman
Re: time, god, sex, and infinity [Re: Traveller]
    #514256 - 01/08/02 10:48 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't say its wrong, hell nobody has the answers!

If one takes lsd, he contimplate revalational theories like this one, if one takes shrooms he can contiplate a theory like shroomism. If one too dmt he can fourmulate a theory based on it too!!

No body really knows,

Lsd trip focus for on the cosmos/unviersal visions!
Shroom trips focus for on what is possible for man! (future)
Dmt is 4th dimenison shit!

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #515498 - 01/09/02 02:38 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

:) hehe - cool, interesting mad and funny I was expecting you to cover the subject of infinity -ah well .
Do I have to mention sex - okay urm http://www.bestsexhost.net/sexpix/index-066.html

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Edited by Food (01/09/02 02:48 PM)

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
    #515634 - 01/09/02 05:43 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

in my opinion time is a figure of speech in wich we measure things such as decay..it is also convenient for running our daily schedule and quite a few other things..i think our minds are the only thing that make time.your bioligical time clock makes you think there really is time..the thing that gets me though is the theory that you travel light speed and go millions of miles away when you come back a lot of time has passed for the people that were here but you only aged a couple of hours or whatever it took for you to make the round trip.obviously no one can really prove this physically but what if? who knows..time is a mind boggling question

to the thing about god..i dont really believe in the god they portray in the bible and all that shit but i really believe there is a higher power out there that created us.but i dont think it necessarily had to be ONE almighty being..what if it were several or several hundred beings that all think as one..and for all we know this higher power or higher powers could be long dead and gone you know..everyone is starving for these answers but i think there is only really one way to find out..everything on earth came together way to perfectly for there to not be a god of sorts..you can prove all you want how the earth and all the planets formed but how did the universe come to be?

and then there was sex..the greatest gift givin to humans..ahh yes.lol

--------------------
suddenly a flaming stealth banana split the sky
like one would hope but never really expect
to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime
and stopping right at my Birkenstocks,
and me yelping...Holy fucking shit!

OfflineSwank
Re: time, god, sex, and infinity [Re: My Third Eye]
    #515798 - 01/09/02 08:37 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It has been proven that the faster an object goes, the slower it experiences time.

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
Re: time, god, sex, and infinity [Re: Swank]
    #515813 - 01/09/02 08:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

please explain

--------------------

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #515815 - 01/09/02 09:00 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Is that why when i sit on my ass on my computer the day slys by, but like how we used to run laps in gym class it would seem like ages? :P

--------------------

InvisibleMy Third Eye
old hand

Folding@home Statistics
    #515823 - 01/09/02 09:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

lol i suppose

but it is true.i just did a bit of reading on this and it has been proven. its called "time dilation" pretty interesting shit..so i guess time really does exist.

--------------------

OfflineFood
---Beast---

Loc: Siberia
    #516334 - 01/10/02 11:53 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ok about the time dilation - Someone(probably a group of scientists actually) got two atomic clocks(very accurate clocks) they then synchronised them and flew one around the earth really fast and when it met up with the "still one" it had a different reading(sorry cant remember which way it differed) .

--------------------
--------mushworld.com-----More info than you can throw a stick at-

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: time, god, sex, and infinity [Re: Food]
    #516421 - 01/10/02 01:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

dr carl sagan explained it very well in his book (& pbs tv series) _cosmos_
very rapidly moving objects can be shown to be running on clocks that appear to be slower than "resting clocks", and have increased mass, and shortened length along the axis of travel, as well as experiencing blueshift forward & redshift backward...
dr sagan had the speed limit of light ("c") decrerased from 300,000 k/s to 30 k/hr in einsteins home town, and sent one twin on a bike ride while the other waited for him... after all sorts of interesting visual effects for the bike rider (and observations by stationary obsevers), when the rider returned after an hour ride (by his clock) to his waiting brother, the resting twin had grown decades older...
use a google search for: lorentz-fitzgerald; relativity; time dilation; michaelson-morely; ether...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: time, god, sex, and infinity [Re: gnrm23]
    #517983 - 01/11/02 11:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

How does it affect us?
If you are going that fast, or staying still...you are going with time, the only real way i could see it affecting you would be "comparing clocks" or meeting up with old people after you went to space...whatever :> but yeah

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder