Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Banthebanners
    #516859 - 01/10/02 09:53 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've been gone for a week, who locked out the ban the banners who ban us post?

Leaf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banthebanners [Re: ]
    #517352 - 01/11/02 11:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ban the banners...are your kidding? And how do you recommend The Shroomery come up with the expensive bill to keep this place afloat??

In another thread someone asked me how do I pay for all the bandwidth to keep posting those videos. Here was my reply, perhaps some of you will take this to heart.

SPLIT:: The bandwidth and space is is big issue. www.thehawkseye.com is hosted by The Shroomery. The space required to host these video files and the bandwidth, and to process and store all the countless number of threads of information all YOU readers are enjoying, requires a lot of money EVERY month.

Thus all you members enjoying this and want to see this type of mushroom technology exist and advance....YOUR DONATIONS to the Shroomery are very important

Thor and 3DShroom have been doing a great job at keeping this place alive. They put in a lot of their own time and work, hours that could be spent elsewhere in life, but instead they spend it here out of a passion because these mushrooms have touched there lives and they help spread "the mushroom vibe" as I like to call it. Its a shared feeling among us....unwritten ....just felt within.

They make -0% prophit in this place, they do it out of love. The Hawks Eye and The Spore Works and a few other spore vendors do our best to pay most of the bill, but unfortunatly those ads at the top are not paying the total bill. You could say this place is a non-prophit organization....in fact it loses money. But money is not what its about...their is a much bigger picture here and that is why we are all here reading, learning and sharing. These mushrooms and their gift have brought us all together, an online mushroom community (OMC)

But in order to keep this OMC working, a little help from you can go along way. Less then 1% of active members here actually donate any money. That is very pathetic ! MOST of you are very capable of donating a measly $5 a month ...yet you ignor to help spread knowledge of these mushrooms in a very small financial way. You enjoy this communityNothing is free anymore

We realize many of you are very young and do not have credit cards or a checking account to use Paypal but really...think about,...how hard is to address an envelope and send $3 once a month. If everyone reading this would take it to heart that %1 would increase dramatically and Thor and 3D could actually pay a months bill here without swetting it....and more money could go into a new processor and RAM to speed this place up.

Think about it...how hard is it to reach into your pocket right now...and perhaps once a month and throw a few bills in an envelop and mail it to:

T.J.
125 1420 9th AVE SE
Calgary, AB. T2G-0T5
Canada

or send money through Paypal.com to this email addy thor@shroomery.org

Thor and 3dShroom spend countless hours on this place for free. In fact they lose money to help this mushroom community exist.
It saddens me at times to see the flak they take from some members here who have no idea of what it takes to run a message board of this magnitude. I'm sure there are a few that will give me flak about writing all this....

It would be a huge help if everyone here who has the capability could just donate $5 or $7 or $10 a month to help keep The Shroomery here for all of us to enjoy. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM OF ANY PAGE HERE, AND CLICK ON DONATE !!! Use paypal or read the thread.
$5 a month is chump change to you.....if your enjoying this board regularly, then please help its existance. If you care nothing about this mushroom community, why in Gods name should these mushrooms bless you with their existance?
Think about that one....give something back to the mushrooms since your expecting something from them.

There is a lot of work and effort behind the scenes that makes The Shroomery come alive to help these sacred mushrooms spread knowledge.

A huge kudos, and a big thanks...and an even bigger pat on the back and a big "atta boy" to Thor, 3DShroom and all other other MODERATORS HERE that take the time to care about this place and make it work.

Ok..I've said my peace. That just came out...just following my heart. The extensive amounts of time I'm spending on this video editing just reminded me how much work Thor and 3DShroom do to help keep this place alive. ......for ppl like me to come along and stream some mushroom video's at ya

back to the video thread......

Thank you guys....the feedback helps a lot. The more praise and positive feedback the more motivation I get as well :)
If the videos are not working for you...post it... let me/us (members) know your system setup and we can help. Its probably only a matter fo downloading the right video codecs from a website. Simple. I'm a technology junkie... have been for 10+ years... and there are many more here that can help as well. Soon I'll post all the video codes in one file with an FAQ how to install them for the few that are not seeing these videos.

Everytime I open the video editing programs I learn more and more and more...
I cant even tell you how many hours I have into this now.....and its just getting easier........I spent 10 hours on those last 2 vids learning options and rendering etc....sooner or later it will all just flow and posting videos will only be a couple hours a day task..... (sounds good on paper anyway :)

ULEAD Media Pro 6 is the program of choice right now. I'm hooking up with a guy later this week who has extensive knowledge of Adobe Premeire and were going to bounce ideas off each and see what we can learn from each other .... expand the minds... wouldn't ya know.. he loves mushrooms too.....go figure.....these mushrooms always draw me to people to help spread their livlihood. Its part of there natural, spiritual, God to Earth to Human existance mechanism if you ask me

The videos will only get better as I learn more and more.
But I NEED YOUR FEEDBACK while I'm learning what everyone thinks looks the best.. what format for the amount of down load time etc....I cant keep posting every format, I have to decide on 2 and at a decent enough file size with visual quality that is even worth posting.

These videos will be a part of the online mushroom communtiy history. They will remain for years and years to come and are just as important as still pics. As technology advances it will become easier and easier to view videos like this. The more feedback I get now while i'm learning the more I input to adjust them for current and future enjoyment.

Thanks for listening everyone.

Food for thought. More to come

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: Banthebanners [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #517582 - 01/11/02 03:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #517606 - 01/11/02 04:17 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i believe he was referring to a post about banning the people who ban us ("banners"), not the ads that run at the top of the pages.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: Banthebanners [Re: oscill8]
    #517620 - 01/11/02 04:35 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I was gonna post something like "how do you propose the bills be paid for" but his post was so confusing I just hit "Back".

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

#517803 - 01/11/02 08:10 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ya, the 'banners' are the mods who ban.

Nice rant though ryche!

OfflineCheshirePhat
    #517819 - 01/11/02 08:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Question .......

do they take australian monies?!

ill send you 50 bucks! not a month but right now i will......

cheering

--------------------
[orange]"Lets fuck this kat"[/orange] -Elroy "tasmanian babes fiasco"

Anonymous

#517917 - 01/11/02 10:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Uh, yeah. I was lit pretty good when I wrote that one. Sorry about that. I meant "banners" as in "those who ban". Oh well, fuck it. Back to my waterpipe.

Leaf

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Banthebanners [Re: ralphster44]
    #518352 - 01/12/02 09:53 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

TY :smile:  that was a pretty good rant eh? I hope it helps :smile:

BTW, I found a website that has all the codecs for viewing videos on a pc.

Codec Central

So anyone having troubles viewing videos these codecs should solve the problem.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules