Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebonobott
Stranger
Fully grown cobweb
    #5175293 - 01/13/06 02:09 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Hi to all,

Have another question...
I had a jar of liquid culture that I was wondering whether it was safe or contaminated.
inoculated 6 pint jars on monday evening with it.
The next day there was already growth in all 6 jars but the thing looked more like cobweb then mycelium... I mean the hairs were very thin and so not bright white, nearly translucent...
Since then, it's expanded a lot, jars are about 25% colonized and the areas first covered in thin hairs have compacted and are now bright white but it keeps on expanding this way : making first very thin hairs that then congregate to form fuzzy white patches
In my memory, the only time I grew shrooms before, it didn't work this way : mycelium started as very small but already compact and bright white that expanded progressively, wheras this time it starts out as very thin nearly translucent hairs that expand a lot and become fuzzy white only when congregated...
So I'm wondering about cobweb... I've read a lot about it and the very thin greyish (at start) hairs remindf me of it, but if you incubate cobweb, does it become white just like mycelium or does it become greyer and greyer ?
Hope it's not what I'm growing as those were my last spores  :confused:
Thanks in advance for your input

bonobo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
Re: Fully grown cobweb [Re: bonobott]
    #5175843 - 01/13/06 09:09 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's hard to say without a picture. Cobweb mold has a greyish tint in color. But, usually when you see growth before a 24 hour or so period with a liquid culture, it's a mold most of the time. But then again some cultures will take right off and show mushroom mycelium as well. The long hairs with a greyish tint are a dead give away that it's cobweb mold..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract