Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
PF degeneration announcement!
    #515252 - 01/09/02 09:04 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

From PF's website:

"Important notice - January 5 2002
During the middle of 2001, the PF spore race shroom suffered a genetic breakdown related to the appearance of the PF albino mutant shroom. The effected PF spore race strains fruit poorly and sparsely, with not much of any invitro performance. The germination of the spores is good and the mycelium looks just fine, but the fruiting is very poor.

This broken PF spore race has been canceled and PF spores from a few years ago were started. The PF spore race performance is back.

Any PF customer in the last year who has received this degenerated PF race, should write PF a letter describing it. A free syringe of the restored PF spore race will be sent.

PF "

Not to be an ass, cuz I've supported PF as a vendor plenty of times, but does anybody find it ironic that PF has made a public announcement that his strain is "degenerated"?

I bet he wept as he typed that one up!

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Edited by mycofile (01/09/02 09:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: mycofile]
    #515258 - 01/09/02 09:12 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That's pretty funny.. He should've seen it coming.. When you do generation after generation on the same substrate for that long, you're asking for trouble. At least they had the sense to keep spores from years ago for just such an occasion.

Anonymous

Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: NeonBlack]
    #515261 - 01/09/02 09:16 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

We've only been pointing that out for the last couple years!

lol!

Invisiblejim2
enthusiast
    #515264 - 01/09/02 09:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i give him alot of credit, not only did he admit there was a problem, he corrected it, and has offered to send spores to anyone who feels they have been done wrong. alot of people wouldn't have said anything.

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: NeonBlack]
    #515265 - 01/09/02 09:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, at least he came clean about it, albeit a year after the fact. Good thing he had some back ups. Otherwise, customers would have to buy any other Cubensis variety that grows invitro just as easily.

I can see the e-mails going to PF:

"Hi PF, I ordered a PF Race syringe in 2001. Here are the problems I encountered: It fruited poorly and sparsely, with not much of any invitro performance. The germination of the spores was good and the mycelium looked just fine, but the fruiting was very poor."

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: jim2]
    #515270 - 01/09/02 09:33 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Remember, I'm not bashing him, just picking on him a little. He's a good vendor even if he is very dogmatic, not very precise about some things, and can generally be an ass. He has good products, good service.

This was just too much fun to let slide!

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleInsomnia
addict
    #516262 - 01/10/02 09:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I hear ya!

--------------------
"If you believe in things you do not understand, you will suffer." ? Stevie Wonder

Invisiblejim2
enthusiast
    #516274 - 01/10/02 09:55 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i wonder if any other vendors who offer the PF, matias romero strain are having the same problem?

OfflineBobbyJoe
Stranger
    #516312 - 01/10/02 11:22 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Wonder when he started sending out the restored PF classic syringes? I received some around 12/15 and they are pinning like crazy, but it hasn't been long enough to see how many abhorts and mutants I get. They did not pin invitro at all.

Anonymous

Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: jim2]
    #516737 - 01/10/02 07:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

We offer the Matias Romero here at the SporeLab.

In the past, I have definately noticed severe mutations from this strain. However, I had print that was several years old, was still perfectly viable and clean and represents the Matias Romero as it was years ago.

I'm not gonna shit ya, I still notice some mutation but not nearly as bad as from 'newer' spores. In fact, I have had some very nice healthy looking flushes that provided me with some nice prints.

Hopefully, this will help resurect this classic strain.

Offlinejuubou
grower
Loc: New England
    #516769 - 01/10/02 08:28 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

My hyena is curious as to what fruiting would be considered poor.

A first flush of 37g worth of shrooms (well, one BIG one was 16g all by itself within 10hrs of veil breaking) and 13g worth of abhorts (this is all fresh, of course)... something tells me that's not "poor".

These spores were purchased right at the same time as the albino was available, however, so what do you all think?

(Now, the damned albino syringe was contaminated with a green mold... need to write a letter about that, just wondering if my hyena's experience is worth mentioning too -- methinks no.)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: ]
    #517238 - 01/11/02 09:11 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I gotta ask you max, did you get your "Matias Romero" from PF? If so, then why not call it what he does, the PF strain, or a clear alternative "PF Classic".
I've tried to study the "Matias Romero" origins, and can't seem to find any reason to believe that the PF strain is the Matias Romero. PF doesn't call it that, in fact he only mentions that some other people call it that.
Sounds confusing to me, why not make it simple and call it PF? Unless of course it really is the original Matias romero strain which might explain why it isn't as mutated as the PF.

--------------------

Anonymous

#517250 - 01/11/02 09:26 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You can call it anything you want, pf DID name it the Matias Romero years ago and thats what I'll call it too.

You think jsut cuz he was the first to sell it, he can name it after himself and for ther rest of eternity we are supposed to call it 'pf strain'?

I am the first to sell both Tapalpa and Wollongong strains but you don't see me calling them 'SporeLab strain'. And if others sell them in the future, I certainly wouldn't expect them to call it 'SporeLab strain'.

Take your nit-picking accusations elsewhere!

Edited by CaptainMaxMushroom (01/11/02 09:38 AM)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#517322 - 01/11/02 11:06 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"I bet he wept as he typed that one up! "

LOL....to funny. Knowing PF's inflated ego your probably right. Its about time he came clean with that one....everybody has been telling him that strain is degenerated for several years.

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #517581 - 01/11/02 03:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Degeneration is analogous to live cultures and isolates. If you are printing and fruiting from multi-spore cultures I doubt that the odd mutation is due to strain degeneration. This is more likely a vector of the natural evolutionary characteristics of the species.

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: Nighted]
    #517816 - 01/11/02 08:16 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

amen!!!!

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: PF degeneration announcement! [Re: Nighted]
    #517831 - 01/11/02 08:32 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Odd mutation?

I think you better grow some of these out and see for yourself!

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #517835 - 01/11/02 08:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

no i agree - the PFs are freaked out nowdays

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#517920 - 01/11/02 10:09 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"Take your nit-picking accusations elsewhere!"

Accusations? Uh, I accused you of what exactly? And where would you like me to take my comments, aside from the thread I started?

I was asking you where you got what you referred to as "Matias Romero". Which btw you didn't answer. Seems to me that lumping the MR and the PF strains together as the same is a bit of a leap, albeit a common one. I may be mistaken, but I think the way that the PF strain got the MR name is that some grower had an opinion that they were the same and told people that. PF mentioned this on his site, so people assumed they were one and the same. The Matias Romero strain has been around a long time, since before PF has been around, at least as a vendor. In fact, it's been around longer than the www, much less OMC. I was a little curious as to whether you might have an original Matias Romero (non-PF) and could add an opinion as to their similarities. Unfortunately, I think it likely that the original MR has been lost to the community and all that remains is the PF strain (or the PF derived Matias Romero as you would have it)

And BTW, did you name the Tapalpa and Wollongong strains? What do you say that we refer to those as the Palenque and the Tikal strains as soon as somebody else offers them? I mean do you think people should call them by the name that you came up with just cuz its the only way of having any idea which strain is which? Just seems a lot simpler if people would call a strain what the person who gave it to them called it. Sure would've helped out the GT/HA situation.

--------------------

Anonymous

#518132 - 01/12/02 03:08 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

mycofile, pf named the strain 'Matias Romero' becuase that is 'what it looked like' as he siad. Who knows what it is really is but that is what he named that strain.

As for the Tapalpa and Wollongong, I named them that because that is where they came from. These are definitive prints sent to me by amateur mycologists in those areas.

Got a problem with that? Bring it on shitdistruber!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures