Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
pics of my set-up
    #517393 - 01/11/02 12:26 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hi...
obviously i am not uploading these pics correctly...hang on.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (01/11/02 12:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: XAZIA]
    #517394 - 01/11/02 12:28 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hi

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: Jammer]
    #517413 - 01/11/02 12:47 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

pic is sideways and so is last pic.

outside photgraph of entire set-up. humidified by an ultrasonic humidifier that has been modified with pvc pipes. i am currently waiting on filter discs so i can create a "vent" for each shelf level, right now fresh air is obtained by unzipping the front and fanning.

in this image you can see how the humidifier is hooked into the "grow room" there is an exhaust for each shelf.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Edited by XAZIA (01/11/02 12:50 PM)

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #517415 - 01/11/02 12:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Atta-gal!

We knew you could do it!

RE: problems posting pics.

lol

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (01/11/02 12:59 PM)

Anonymous

#517419 - 01/11/02 12:57 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Nice...that's similar to my setup...
Where did you get the plastic with zipper?

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: ]
    #517424 - 01/11/02 01:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

get this...the zipper bag comes from MARTHA STEWART!
from one of her portable wardrobe things, i got it at k-mart.
i also found the ultrasonic at a thrift store for 5 bucks!!!!!

the two casing inside with fruits are puerto ricans grown in horse dung spawned with brf-pf cakes. this was first attempt using dung and mistakenly used the dung as a casing layer rather than a substarte so i am battling overlay probs right now. i also have prs growing right next to the dung casings which were grown together, exact same variables and there is a huge difference in size. i will post those next.

--------------------

Bob Marley

Edited by XAZIA (01/11/02 01:06 PM)

Anonymous

#517450 - 01/11/02 01:22 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

hahah...Martha Stewart?
Man...I wasted about three hours putting mine together from scrap...I used magnets to seal the plastic to the shelf.

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: ]
    #517457 - 01/11/02 01:30 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, who would of guessed that martha stewart would help us counter cultureres grow shrooms!!! i bet she would shit her pants if she had any idea that her products are PERFECT for the cultivation of phsycedelic shrooms. i just unzipped it put my shelf in and zipped it back up, ten minutes tops!

--------------------

Bob Marley

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #517527 - 01/11/02 02:42 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Looks good. Nice job to you and to Martha.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #517550 - 01/11/02 03:01 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

who's MArtha Stewart?

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineChangLee
enthusiast
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: carbonhoots]
    #517649 - 01/11/02 05:19 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

she's an aging angry obese Amish Nazi.

--------------------
". . . and I'm searchin' for the latest thing, a break in this routine--I'm talkin' some new kicks; ones like you ain't never seen. . . . "

Anonymous

Re: pics of my set-up [Re: ChangLee]
    #518233 - 01/12/02 05:49 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

she's an aging angry obese Amish Nazi.

And a dominatrix by night :laugh:

Offlinetomatofarmer
enthusiast
    #518245 - 01/12/02 06:20 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

one question....what tek are u using? and another question are your cakes covered insode the zipped plastic?i cant tell from pics...

--------------------
I swear those mushrooms are going on my pizza officer!

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Loc: kentucky
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: tomatofarmer]
    #518602 - 01/12/02 03:42 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

very nice.
Ive been thinking about building something like that, except with plexiglass.
A couple questions if you dont mind. one thing is this.
Is it difficult to get that pvc tubing to hook into a humidifier with an airtight seal? I mean I would imagine that humidifiers arent built with the idea that it will have a hookup for tubing on them. Do you have to loosely sit pvc in a hole and put silicon around it or something?
Also, I noticed the tubes from the humidifier are split off to go to each level of the shelving. Is that humidifier put off enough humidity to keep that entire terr up to par? What kind of humidity readings are you able to get?
Those tobes that come from the humidifier and run horizontally across the shelves. Do they have a bunch of holes drilled in the horizantal bands shooting the humid air down onto the casings. The myco machine is built similarly to that is why I ask.
One other thing is, would you mind to give a part number or any other identifying info on that curtain so others might be able to locate it. Does that thing seem to be reasonable air tight? at least enough to keep the humidity in?

Very nice job, and it looks like you were able to do it without too much effort on your part.
I'm very anxious to know how it works out.

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
Re: pics of my set-up [Re: Under_net]
    #518607 - 01/12/02 03:47 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

One other question.
If you do have small holes drilled in the horizontal rails from the humidifier and they are blowing down to the casings. Wouldnt that act as sufficient fresh air blowing down on them?
Also , when using a humidifier like that. Is it necessary to do any additional filtration to the incoming air into the humidifier, or does it come with a filter that is sufficient?

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
    #520319 - 01/14/02 10:13 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Is it difficult to get that pvc tubing to hook into a humidifier with an airtight seal? I mean I would imagine that humidifiers arent built with the idea that it will have a hookup for tubing on them. Do you have to loosely sit pvc in a hole and put silicon around it or something?

luckily i found a humidifier whose "exhaust directors" for lack of a better description, fitted into round holes at the top of the machine. i took one to home depot with me and went to the pvc aisle and found a piece that was they same diameter but with a lip so it wouldn't fall through the hole. i used silicone, water proof sealant(home depot) to create a airtight seal, then simply made the rest.

Also, I noticed the tubes from the humidifier are split off to go to each level of the shelving. Is that humidifier put off enough humidity to keep that entire terr up to par? What kind of humidity readings are you able to get?

more than enough!!!! 100%, matter of fact i'm having too high humidity probs, which is why i plan on adding a "vent" for each shelf made by cutting a small hole and placing magic micron filters discs over the holes.

Those tobes that come from the humidifier and run horizontally across the shelves. Do they have a bunch of holes drilled in the horizantal bands shooting the humid air down onto the casings

no. they are cut somewhat hap-hazardly, just approximated. they extend about 4-5 inches on the inside. the neat thing is i get a small constant drip from each tube, which i thought at first was going to be a major prob, but as it turns out i use it to water my dry casings. i simply rotate them under the end of the tube, i make sure though that i keep an appropiate solution of peroxide inside the humidifier.

One other thing is, would you mind to give a part number or any other identifying info on that curtain so others might be able to locate it.

sure, i will go to k-mart today and find out, it will be posted first thing tommorrow.

Does that thing seem to be reasonable air tight? at least enough to keep the humidity in?

absolutely! you will have no low humidity probs with this set-up, actually quite the opposite, but high humidity is relatively easy to correct

--------------------

Bob Marley

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
    #520346 - 01/14/02 10:33 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Great job on answering those questions. Much appreciated.
If you dont mind I would like to ask a couple more.

Does the humid air from the humidifier actually come out of the end of those horizontal tubes?

this is just an idea
if you ran new tubing that was basically sitting right next to the tubing that runs the humidity. you could cut a bunch of small holes in the bottoms of the horizontal pvc that runs overtop of the casings. Then somehow run filtered air through them. That would make it such that you would no longer have to fan these casings off.
As far as how you would get clean air into pvc piping, I am not sure. But if you were able to put timers on the air flow and humidity you would have , for the most part, a self sufficient system.

Just a thought

Thanks again for the great answers

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
    #520440 - 01/14/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Does the humid air from the humidifier actually come out of the end of those horizontal tubes?

yes, and it looks kinda cool. the ultrasonic creates more of a fog than a mist, so you can see fog coming out of the tubes and when you open the zipper, fog rolls out for an added special effect

--------------------

Bob Marley

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
    #522005 - 01/16/02 02:54 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i am trying to build a setup almost exactly ike yours, we have spoken via pm if you remember me. I know your using ultrasonic, nut I was adviced by another experienced grower to go with cool mist. is one better than the other or what?
ive heard different people say tat they both are better. hehe

OfflineUnder_net
enthusiast
    #522008 - 01/16/02 02:57 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

also, what kind of pvc did you use to carry the humidity throughout the terr? is all the pvc used of the same size, or is the vertical rail and the horizontal rails use different pvc sizes

how do you heat that unit? internally or juat but using a space heater to heat the ambient temp of the room its in?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix