Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber...
    #5167646 - 01/11/06 02:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well i got my first pin today on my cakes, which made me pretty excited because ive been messing with these things for 2 months and this is the first positive thing that has happened.

but the thing is....i have always been worried about contams. some of my cakes had a greenish tint to them after they had been in my fridge, so i was hesitant about fruiting them. but i posted, and people told me to go for it, so i did.

and now my cakes are dunked and rolled in verm...so if i have contams i dont really know how im going to tell because all i can see on the cakes is the verm and the pins.

but it seems every time i open the box and fan it out, a couple min later i have a mild heacache. it lasts about 5 min, and is nothing major...but i don't know if its going to get progressivly worse and i wouldnt notice it. i have seen posts here about people getting seriously fucked up by breathing in contams, so i just want to make sure...

i have 8 cakes, 2 of them have pins, and the rest are just chilling. is this just a placebo effect? or should i really be worried?

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSillicybin
Re: first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber... [Re: bobjones]
    #5167658 - 01/11/06 02:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Could it just be nausea from the smell?

Try breathing through your mouth and seeing if the same thing happens.

I doubt it's from contams.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber... [Re: Sillicybin]
    #5167686 - 01/11/06 02:24 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

If you had green molds or other contaminants, they'd be visible on the surface of the verm. Make sure you don't have any standing water in the perlite. That will encourage bacterial growth that might affect you.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinebongtoke
Mushies
 User Gallery

Re: first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5167757 - 01/11/06 02:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i have standing water in my fc....and i have no problems with headaches :smile: i think a tek calls for 2 inches of perlite 1 inch of standing water..

--------------------
GOTTA LOVE POO CAKES!!!

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber... [Re: bongtoke]
    #5167856 - 01/11/06 03:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

standing water negates the effects of perlite. NO STANDING WATER PERIOD. The ONLY time you should have standing water is in a PMP with geolite, and thats because the water isnt standing, its being circulated. Standing water becomes stagnant and attracts contams as well. NO STANDING WATER.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber... [Re: bobjones]
    #5167988 - 01/11/06 03:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

you could be just stressing yourself out to much over nothing.. thats why your getting headackes.. as long as your temp are around 70-75 for your FC and you humidity is 85-99% and your fanning atleast 2-3 times aday.. youll be fine.. you just gotta be patient.. i know ill give myself headackes from stupid stuff like that..

l8r
will

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
Re: first pins today....but headache every time i open my fruiting chamber... [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #5168322 - 01/11/06 05:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

alright cool, put my mind at ease.

but its not like i was stressing over it. i wouldnt notice the headache sometimes until after i had already put the lid back on and forgotten about em.

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix