Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read!
    #5164937 - 01/11/06 12:01 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

OK well I am tiered of people believing in god. So what I want to do is get people to attempt to prove that god exists if they think he exists! Also I want everyone that has something to say to say it.

So now state some junk to prove gods existence and I will either feel great spiritual revenue or I will totally concur with it and say my thing and then you need to concur with what I say until we get a good conclusion and Finlay figure this junk out!

BTW this is how Jehovah's witnesses got created but this time smart people will attempt this! Instead of stupid people in 1920.

So here is my opening statement.

well god doesn't exist and here is my first point.

Quote:

mikeownow said:
Quote:

rogue_pixie said:
Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
So then, who created God?
Or has he always "just been there"?

I think it's likely to be created out of a force so great our primitive human brains aren't capable of understanding it.
It's more exciting than believing in nothing isn't it!

Hey wanna join my new religion. I would explain it but its just to complex that your brain would not understand it even if it was rite in front of you which is why you can not see my god but he can see you. He is totally rite next to you know! ROFL man and you don't even know it but my religion is totally true because I know even though I can't comprehend what I am talking about rite now. Lollipops I am gonna go molest children and take there parents money woot!

Good luck at proving gods existence and gods none existence!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read! [Re: mikeownow]
    #5165105 - 01/11/06 12:28 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

To me God is a pantheistic quality.
I can't prove It's existance, for Its existance is dependant upon the intagebility of its superior culmitive singularity.
For the sake of existing as Its innumerable offshoot peripherals.
Yourself, being one of many. In essence You are God. And you already know you exist, but can you "proove" it? As God why would You need to?
Would proving it (by breaking the covenant with our stable reality through miracle or trancendance) also destroy your ability to exist as the self you currently represent? forcing a paradigm shift to a timeless cosmic nature? snuffing your whole life as a wink, a subconsious thought, in an unending dream of a sleeping-giant quality of existance?

Go ahead and try. you'll just find that it doesn't matter. you won't regret it, nor will you feel acomplishment. That's why we have people to feel those things.

Really all I can do to prove such a thing is say "look around, see stuff? thats because stuff is there and youre there to see it, voila, God."

But for most, that is not proof enough for gods existance.
proof can't be shown to people in the mortal realm. for it would instantly remove them, for to see god, they would see themselves AS God, in a way where theres no turing back.

With psychadellics, at least you can always say it was just the drugs, and shrug off whatever "proof" you encountered.

But believable "proof" of god is paradoxial, as I explained, we lack the ability to "know" for it is that lack that enables us to "believe" or not to believe.
THAT is the question.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #5165155 - 01/11/06 12:34 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

I see were you are getting at. I am pretty sure I have felt what you feel at the current time. I concur =P. Since god is one and not god's as in more than one then everything can not be god, it is god's making us be in heaven, or hell and we are the rulers of it. Which well almost seems a possibility expert for the fact that we die and that we are trying to figure out what god is for well thousands of years.

Also if we are the gods then why was stuff hear before us? Since you believe all is god it would be better to say there is no god and we are what exists here and we came from something which means that there was a time before our existence or well since time is not real then there was a previous measurement of what we call time before us. Well I just got an IM and lost my train of thought but I think I made a significant reply I hope.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Edited by mikeownow (01/11/06 12:37 AM)

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
Re: Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read! [Re: mikeownow]
    #5165374 - 01/11/06 01:15 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

the manifestation of a thought is god.

what you feel with your eyes closed is god.

what you see with your eyes open is god.

if you willfully abandon yourself to him, you will see that God exists.

to doubt god is to have an enormous and blinding ego.

what could be, but God?

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
Re: Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read! [Re: natu]
    #5165380 - 01/11/06 01:17 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

god cannot be taught in words but felt in sentiments

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5165387 - 01/11/06 01:18 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Are you a Gnostic?

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
    #5165391 - 01/11/06 01:19 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

the very act of feeling, in itself, is a grace from thehand of god.
and who is, that cannot feel?

and what could be, but God?

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
    #5165400 - 01/11/06 01:20 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

We are all gnostic

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5165418 - 01/11/06 01:23 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

No, the Gnostic are Gnostic. The Catholics, for example, are not Gnostic.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5165445 - 01/11/06 01:26 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

No I am not Gnostic but sounds like a cool name.

Well natu, it sounds like you are writing a trip report in your first post. I do not really understand what you mean totally and do not feel fit for a reply.

Could you go into more detail on your second one?

and for the third one, I may recommend you to read a text book about how the body works and how nerve's work etc. I am sure that you are in a spiritual mind set at this time and would really rather not ruin it for you. I am glad that you are not in a cult though and if you are well then I would be glad to ruin it for you.

--------------------

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
Re: Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read! [Re: spud]
    #5165455 - 01/11/06 01:27 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Oh i didnt know what a gnostic was so i looked the word up on dictionary.com and it said reffering to gnosticysm (which i dont follow) or reffereing to a man of knowledge or something like that.

and i was referring to the idea that we all have the potential to become man of knowledge.

we are all gnostic, like all gnostic are like we.

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5165458 - 01/11/06 01:28 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

I was asking Natu, not you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnosticism

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5165464 - 01/11/06 01:28 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

ooops he already looked it up.

--------------------

Edited by mikeownow (01/11/06 01:29 AM)

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
    #5165489 - 01/11/06 01:32 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

I will use Diploid's post to answer the main question:

Serious question for the mystic-heads among us. (No disrespect intended, call me a science-head if you wish, it's just a handy moniker).

Preface: Frequently when I use logic and reason to make a point that seems, to me anyway, airtight or when I corner a mystic-head with a logical argument that is unassailable, the usual comeback is that logic doesn't always apply.

This catch-all is hard to refute because, after all, if logic doesn't apply, what else is left.

This leads me to my question:

Is there nothing that is absolutely 100% impossible?

The same question stated mathematically in a roundabout way is:

If A = B

and if B = C

then is it possible for A to not = C?

when logic does not apply, that is the amazing feat of god! and this is happening now! infinintley! we just need to open up our eyes and SEE it.

logic! psh. stick it up your butt. the mushroom obviusly doesnt think that your defined and concrete material world is very logical! and you graze upon it everyday!

as for the gnostic stuff im not religious sorry about that post

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5165517 - 01/11/06 01:37 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

When logic does not apply it is illogical.

Is there nothing that is absolutely 100% impossible?
the answer to this is maybe.

If A = B

and if B = C

the answer to this is A=A B=B and C=C

A could not = C because A=B unless you start making the letters equations.

For example.
A=0 B=0 C=0

A+B=C 0+0=0 0=0 0=0 0=0 it is also possible to come up with an equation that involves A= things like 1+7-43+2-3847= etc and stuff like that to make it all work out. I did not even do good in algebra which is odd because I seem to be the only one that understands what its point is.

--------------------

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#5165527 - 01/11/06 01:40 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:
I did not even do good in algebra which is odd because I seem to be the only one that understands what its point is.

Good thing it has nothing to do with algebra. It's called Symbolic logic. There's some Philosophy 101 for you.

Offlinenatu
Grow trees,smoke trees.
    #5165530 - 01/11/06 01:40 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

on gnosticysm from Wikipedia:

The gnostic conception of God is, by contrast, often defined through a string of negatives: he is immovable, invisible, intangible, ineffable; commonly, "he" is seen as being hermaphroditic, a potent symbol for being, as it were, 'all-containing'. This mode of thinking about God is so important in gnosticism that he is sometimes referred to as "the uncontained";

in other words you can only say what god is not like, god is not your foolish anxieties.

i like this idea of "the uncontained" it describes God well. it is as though god is the infinite uncontained mass of conciousness which, us, the contained and concrete physical beings and object manifest ourselves into. like the indian idea of unlifting the veil.

if yoiu knew god you would know that you were not standing on a bench staring across a grass field at a pink car. but rather that you are god standing on god staring across a stretch of god so that you could look at yourself in the concrete form of a car. were allowing god to experience himself through us just relax

--------------------
Wise Man Say
Smile

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5165532 - 01/11/06 01:40 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

I know a kid named brandon who took psychedelics and now believes in the eternity. Which I understand and all why he thinks this and I can use some things he has said to prove some points and such so sometimes I pretend to believe him and preach a little but all in all when he starts talking I cant help but butt in and say something to kinda pull is idea off the hook. I don't like doing it but sometimes I feel the need to. Don't know why I am saying this but I just did.

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: Prove me wrong, show me that god exists! Everyone should read! [Re: spud]
    #5165552 - 01/11/06 01:45 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

spud said:
Quote:

mikeownow said:
I did not even do good in algebra which is odd because I seem to be the only one that understands what its point is.

Good thing it has nothing to do with algebra. It's called Symbolic logic. There's some Philosophy 101 for you.

I would rather not philosophies with errors.

such as bill hicks once said.... "We are losing the war on drugs. You know what that means? There is a war and the people on drugs are winning it. What does that tell you about drugs?"

Now that is what I call good philosophy.

--------------------

OfflinejustAkid
Member of myCulture

Loc: The Present
    #5165554 - 01/11/06 01:45 AM (16 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

OK well I am tiered of people believing in god

Why does it bother you that other people believe in God?

--------------------
Trust thyself.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale