Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sconny Botland Flag
Very Bad Film Alert!
    #5162277 - 01/10/06 11:19 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Woody Allen's Matchpoint - is it supposed to be funny?  'cos me and my girl friend watched it at the cinema last night and finally left with about 20 mins still to go, it was so bad we couldn't have cared less about how it ended....

Just about the worst acted, worst dialogue, worst directed, most hateful characters film I have seen in a very very long time, and don't let anyone tell you it's a masterpiece - these people are clearly insane...

*shudders*

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Very Bad Film Alert! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5162281 - 01/10/06 11:20 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Aww shucks. Woody's been getting worse with the years...Curse of the Jade Scorpion, Small Time Crooks, those sucked as well.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

Re: Very Bad Film Alert! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5162290 - 01/10/06 11:23 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Crimes and Misdemeanour it ain't....

You can almost hear his creaking senility :frown:

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Very Bad Film Alert! [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5162291 - 01/10/06 11:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:frown:

Have you seen Deconstructing Harry? That was his last grand stand.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #5162298 - 01/10/06 11:26 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've never been a fan of woody allen films, annie hall was ok, but that is. Curse of the Jade Scorpion has been at the top of my worst movies ever made list for a few years now, it even beat out the ice cream man lol.

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

#5162312 - 01/10/06 11:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No but I heard good things - I'm not a massive fan but when he was at the top of his game, if you were in the mood, there was no one like him...

I just cannot believe the user comments on IMDB regarding Matchpoint, almost to a man, everyone is proclaiming it be excellent/masterpiece etc...except for this guy, he is bang on:

3 out of 7 people found the following comment useful :-
Howards Deadend, 6 January 2006

Author: imdbposter from United States

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

'HeeHeeHee...was this supposed to be a farce? The French like those I hear...why didn't Woody send it to them instead of the U.S.? Same old Woody Allen NYC stuff...different city. Mercenary use of the fabulous city of London and Brit actors to shore up an awful script and even worse direction.

Critics should be ashamed of praising the dialog of this film. Does not ring true as British dialog for a millisecond. Woodman obviously read an American Tragedy, why didn't he read a British novel for heaven's sake? Absolutely ridiculous to hear his old NY shtick emanating from the mouths of these Brits.

Plot is plodding and totally unbelievable.

Spoiler..

Ryhs Whathisname reading Crime and Punishment...hint...hint...hint....did someone say, Freshman English? I lost count of the number of scenes where Scarlett called Rhys to tell him to break up with his wife. Note to WA: Please place direction in DVD version to fast forward through that 1/2 hour of film.

I wanted Rhys Whatshisname to come and shoot me by the time we got to that part and still the dang movie wouldn't end.

Why didn't the guy upstairs hear a SHOTGUN blast in the apartment below? That was some loud opera she was playing.....

Total waste of a good evening. Why oh why did I go? This movie should come with a WARNING for all of you urban sophisticates with anxiety disorders who have supported Woodman's inane film banter all these years : You're Luck Could Change Tomorrow! Oooo Woody...I'm scared...let me go get my Xanax'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder