Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Demotriton]
    #5157659 - 01/09/06 09:05 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
The reason why it can't be proved, because if it was, everyone would believe. God wants us to CHOOSE whether or not he exists.

If we decide God exists, then God exists.
If we decide God doesn't exist, then God doesn't exist.

God exists for me cause I choose God, before that I thought I knew the way the world was, mostly because I wanted to, or thought it was the way it was, and so it was.

Until I found God, then the truth about the world was revealed to me, then the world changed, it was still the same world yet I was seeing it from a different POINT OF VIEW which revealed the truth.

If you decide there is no God, there is no God, so the truth is:

BOTH you and me are right.

and what if you don't choose?
or what if you choose...."i don't know if God exists."
does God really want you to choose? why? (or why do you think so). is it more important to make a decision about the existence of God, over lets say.....deciding what time to wake up in the morning?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: TameMe]
    #5157697 - 01/09/06 09:16 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The reason why my responses are confusing because I am thinking 4th dimensionally and am moving toward unity consciousness, the idea of God exists, and makes enough sense in my mind/heart but when I speak of it in the 3rd dimension it makes no sense.

There is not enough room in the 3rd dimension for the idea of God to fit and be perfectly understood.

Thats why there's a thing called faith. You cannot comprehend it all completely for yourself, so you must have faith in God's words to make up for your lack in understanding.

I am not here to prove or disprove anyone or any idea, I can only hope to INSPIRE with these ideas so that maybe you will one day find the higher power that is God and find your life is far better with God than without.

but that is your choice, I've said enough.

OfflineTameMe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Demotriton]
    #5157736 - 01/09/06 09:33 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
The reason why my responses are confusing because I am thinking 4th dimensionally and am moving toward unity consciousness, the idea of God exists, and makes enough sense in my mind/heart but when I speak of it in the 3rd dimension it makes no sense.

There is not enough room in the 3rd dimension for the idea of God to fit and be perfectly understood.

Thats why there's a thing called faith. You cannot comprehend it all completely for yourself, so you must have faith in God's words to make up for your lack in understanding.

I am not here to prove or disprove anyone or any idea, I can only hope to INSPIRE with these ideas so that maybe you will one day find the higher power that is God and find your life is far better with God than without.

but that is your choice, I've said enough.

how do you know your thinking of a 4th dimension, when your thinking is based in a 3-d one?

I believe our 3-d world has many unknown properties....some might call these unknown properties God.

You didn't answer any of my questions....and I know what faith is.

if you want to inspire people to live better lives...aren't there much more effective ways of inspiring people instead of telling people to have faith in God?

or at least tell me what it means to have faith in God.
like....here I go....

I have faith there is a loving God. why isn't my life instantly better?

tell me what it means to have faith...and why do things seem to get worse first often before getting better?

is there a certain way i need to think of God or have faith?

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
    #5157838 - 01/09/06 10:35 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

and what if you don't choose?

Then it is more likely you will recognize the signs God leaves you and move toward believing in God, than if you choose not to believe. You would be neutral and open to both possibilities.

or what if you choose...."i don't know if God exists."

then pray to God, to help you understand this, my mother didn't wasn't sure of "Mary the mother of Jesus" of her role in heaven, so she prayed to her, and Mary Appeared to her.

does God really want you to choose? why? (or why do you think so). is it more important to make a decision about the existence of God, over lets say.....deciding what time to wake up in the morning?

God wants you to choose because like a good parent he wants whats best for his children but also accepts your decision

how do you know your thinking of a 4th dimension, when your thinking is based in a 3-d one?

There is more to us than ourselves that exists here, there is a higher self and a lower self, your lower self is your child like self (inner child) use that to contact your higher self in the 4th dimension to access 4th dimensional space to think 4th dimensionally.

I have faith there is a loving God. why isn't my life instantly better?

Faith is much more than just saying or believing you have faith, faith is also on how you live your life, for example lets say that I say I have faith in God, but have insurance because I am afraid I might lose everything if I don't, but if I truly have faith in God I would not be afraid of losing everything because I KNOW God will take care of me.

tell me what it means to have faith...and why do things seem to get worse first often before getting better?

Its part of the spiritual evolution process, we need to have bad things happen in order for us to LEARN, if everything was perfect we would learn nothing.

is there a certain way i need to think of God or have faith?

Put your trust in God rather than earthly things such as (saving up a lot of money just in case something bad happens, insurance, govt, etc.

This isn't something that happens overnight, it took me 11 years since I started searching for God before I found God, this is a GRADUAL process that takes time.

Hope I answered all your questions.

Read the bible it is a good place to start to INSPIRE you to find the living word of God.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #5157864 - 01/09/06 10:50 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

tamie, I know that sounds dull, but without the 'real' experience of 'evil', you would not have 'free choice'.
Why are you so sure that our mind works only in a '3-D' mode ? Its complexity could have the purpose of 'accessing' higher 'dimensions'.

Demotri, I know what you talk about and I appreciate your words very much !

edit:
If reading the bible is understood in principle of inspiration, then the continuing efforts to understand other old and sacred texts in comparison is a healthy etude :smile:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm
:heart:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Edited by BlueCoyote (01/09/06 11:00 AM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5158390 - 01/09/06 01:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

man, all those predictions and no results... I'm starting to think that the world will NEVER end!

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: dr0mni]
    #5158535 - 01/09/06 02:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

not never. We have to leave this planet someday (as a race or/and individualy), even if everything rules out 'good' :smile:
And in far far future, we have to have an idea about how to persist the dying/rebirthing universe, as far as our theories are right :lol:

--------------------
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: dr0mni]
    #5158730 - 01/09/06 03:18 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well if we're dreaming it. It could seem like that.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #5159476 - 01/09/06 06:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

not everyone who doubts can do this.

Anyone who makes a modest investment in amateur astronomical gear can do this.

looking at an object through a telescope doesn't say much.

You make ignorant statements about astronomy without the slightest understanding of what you summarily dismiss.

Looking at an object through a telescope at two different times is all you need to characterize the entire orbit of an object.

Bury your head in the sand and insist the Earth is flat if you wish; everyone else who bothers to look carefully at the evidence will know the truth.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Re: The End of the World Is Nigh! Repent! [Re: Diploid]
    #5162056 - 01/10/06 10:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, but how many 'dark' asteroids have passed very close to earth and nobody has seen or recognized them ?
I think, if one will hit earth, it will be a dark one, out of the nothing...
:rockon:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order