Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Did 5.5g of cubensis last night with very little effect.
    #5161340 - 01/10/06 02:21 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I started out with 1g of some shrooms that had blued heavily, I had put off taking these worried they would be very strong. I had little effect and took another 1.5g about 1 hour later. Still little effect. I figured they may have degraded over time since I took so long to take them, they had been cracker dry and stored in plastic baggies, they were not bone dry when taken but in no way wet, I have redried similar ones and they had about 5% moisture. So I took another gram of some that I had grown a shorter while back on cow poo, these were actually the same isolate of Koh Samui. It was spawned from the same grain which was overincubated (I had read Mycofile talking about increases in potency due to overincubation). I was wary of these since they were my first poo shrooms, and they were overincubated. No extra effect. 30mins later I took another 2 grams. Nothing much extra.

I had taken about 1g of shrooms on new years eve and had far more of an effect, those shrooms were older than the newer KS, but were a texans, they were stored in a similar way. I had very good trips on the KS before so don't know what is up this time. There were very slight closed eye visuals and a nice flow of thoughts, a nice trip but really threshold effects, I would expect it from 0.5g.

Heres the growlog of the shrooms if interested. The first are from september, the second lot from november.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=Growlog&Number=4903354
The texans I took on New years eve were from september, 1 girl I gave a 1g dose to complained that they were too strong, went home and the walls were melting.

Edited by blackout (01/10/06 02:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMcdoopy
Fungus Face
 User Gallery

Loc: Varrok Center
Re: Did 5.5g of cubensis last night with very little effect. [Re: blackout]
    #5161346 - 01/10/06 02:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You mean ksss?

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Did 5.5g of cubensis last night with very little effect. [Re: Mcdoopy]
    #5161349 - 01/10/06 02:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No normal KS, I have had very strong visuals from them before (I usually don't)

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5161695 - 01/10/06 06:05 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

did you take em on an empty stomach?

and how long were they in storage?

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Edited by keefboy (01/10/06 06:06 AM)

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Did 5.5g of cubensis last night with very little effect. [Re: keefboy]
    #5161771 - 01/10/06 08:02 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yes, empty stomach. first lot are about 4 months old, second lot 2 months.

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
    #5164940 - 01/10/06 10:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

maybe you greatly underestimated the amount of moisture left in them. it can be hard, if not impossible to eyeball it. you think there's 5%, there might be 35%.

if that's the case, then you could have ate much less dry matter then you thought you did. combine that with the long stretch of time during which you decided to dose, and you might not have enough chemical to trigger a noticable effect

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #5165044 - 01/10/06 10:22 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Tolerance to tryptamines builds very rapidly. During how many hours did you dose? The more doses you take, the faster your tolerance builds. If you start getting to 3+ doses, you better have a garbage bag full of shrooms so you don't mind taking huge quantities to achieve the desired effect, as your tolerance gets exponentially higher.

Wait a week or more for your tolerance to subside, then try taking 3-4g at once. If it still doesn't affect you right, it has something to do with the shrooms themselves. I did something similar to you and got really frustrated. So the next time I took them, I said "screw it" and drank 14 grams brewed into tea almost all at once, instead of my usual 5.5. (I'm on meds.) Turns out I somehow "misjudged" the potency and proceeded to trip the hardest I ever have on shrooms in my life.

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Did 5.5g of cubensis last night with very little effect. [Re: keefboy]
    #5166067 - 01/11/06 02:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

keefboy said:
maybe you greatly underestimated the amount of moisture left in them. it can be hard, if not impossible to eyeball it. you think there's 5%, there might be 35%.

No there was certainly not 35%, like I said I had similar ones which I did think were wet, I put them in a small container with fresh damprid and got them totally cracker dry. They were 5%. Even if they were 50% it would have been 2.75g. My usual dose is only 1-2g. I took doses between 6.30pm and about 10pm

Edited by blackout (01/11/06 03:31 AM)

OfflineOriginal
God, I lovethis...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
    #5166213 - 01/11/06 03:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

wut Land_crab said..

Never take 1g of cubes its a waste, take 2 at least, don't bitch out and be like "omg im scared so ill take 1 g"

wait a week and grind up 4 grams of cracker dry cubes stir them into a 12 0z glass of orange juice and drink withing 5 minutes...

if theres no effect... you got some low end shrooms from mexico or something lol

:grin:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colonized cakes smell like South Florida...

Seriously...
---------------------------------
I can't sleep cuz the mexicans keep lighting their fireworks...
---------------------------------
If ya don't want trouble, ya gots ta crumble...

-Johnny Cochran on the use of crumbled vs. whole cakes..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Re: Did 5.5g of cubensis last night with very little effect. [Re: Original]
    #5166248 - 01/11/06 03:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Original said:
Never take 1g of cubes its a waste, take 2 at least, don't bitch out and be like "omg im scared so ill take 1 g"

I had never taken this batch and didnt want a strong effect, just wasnt in the mood. I often take 1g and go down the pub, I would take more if going out for a wander in the woods or something. Each to their own, I go out and drink 10 pints of beer, I am not going to tell somebody else to do the same if they drink 5 and enjoy it.

I will take them all at once next time, I will wait a few weeks. I grew the shrooms myself so they are not duds or fake shrooms, if I did buy them I would have considered myself ripped off though.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale