Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichael_ahji

Loc: HAWAII
life of colonized jars
    #515791 - 01/09/02 08:29 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

hey wussup everybody. i have a few questions for you people out there.
-whats the life of the colonized jars if not immediately placed in the growing chamber?
-about what would my average yeild be if im using the pf tek with 1/2 pint jars if everything goes well (in ounces)?
-when casing, i see that some use regular potting soil as a casing layer, and some use vermiculite/ peat moss? can someone fill me in? im thinking about trying to case with my next batch of jars.
alohas from hawaii

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: life of colonized jars [Re: michael_ahji]
    #515919 - 01/09/02 11:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i heard colonized jars should take no longer than 3 plus weeks to colonize, why would you want to delay the growth? pf tek using half pints, should take about 6 weeks, providing everything is optimal, and are you going to be eating an ounce plus shrooms? if its your first time, be happy that you can follow simple directions. and lastly increase your knowledge.

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: life of colonized jars [Re: michael_ahji]
    #515959 - 01/10/02 12:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

whats up!! thats a nice log!

-usually the life of jar-ed up mycelium wont keep very long...when it's ready to fruit its going to whether or not it's in a jar or terraraium. i'd say maybe a week...after that, it will start to fruit and you will have a jar of smashed up shrooms.

-i think it's 5-7 grams per flush per jar. if you have 12 jars that around 60-84 grams = 3 to 5 ounces. but thats only if everything goes perfect.

-check the grow and find section for more on caseings. basically you take a bottom layer of vermiculite or perlite. middle layer of crumbled or sliced cakes. top layer of a half and half mix of vermiculite and peat moss. and wait a little longer for fruits. caseings are easier to contaminate....

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix