Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox
    #515192 - 01/09/02 07:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox [Re: World Spirit]
    #515222 - 01/09/02 08:14 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

if i were i vendor, i wouldnt. but instructions for good gloveboxs, hoopty or not, can be found here... hongus and i have posted 2 glovebox ideas, one of cardboard and one of a glass aquarium. the cost of shipping the cardboard style one would outweigh the cost of the materials, and the glass one would just be too expensive. theyd have to be made by the vendors to be profitable, if outsourced theyd make no $ since theyd be too expensive -

if youre looking for a premade dilleio, chck out "sand blasting boxes". theyre on the expensive side, but perfect if you work without an active air system. and the link to the glass one is http://oscill8.homestead.com ... ill post the card one later if no one else posts one 1st.

goodluck :)

(edited for wrong address)

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Edited by oscill8 (01/09/02 07:05 PM)

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox [Re: oscill8]
    #515225 - 01/09/02 08:21 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #515229 - 01/09/02 08:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If your going through the trouble of building one from wood and plexiglass, why not just make a flow hood? Filters Rx has the filter cheap, fans certainly aren't that epensive. I mean if youre going to do it, why not do it right?

At the very least, leave your design so that a hepa filter could be fit into the back wall at a later time.

I personally don't think that more than a few people would buy a glove box rather than build one. Especially a nice one. For the price a vendor would have to charge for something that you're suggesting, a flow hood could be made instead. I don't think many people would buy a glovebox rather than building a flow hood.
I could be wrong though.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #515230 - 01/09/02 08:33 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox [Re: mycofile]
    #515232 - 01/09/02 08:37 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #515249 - 01/09/02 09:00 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, build it yourself. Cheap filter from fitlersRx, cheap/free used fan from a HVAC service shop in your area and $30 worth of plywood (or get the wood for free if you know where to "shop"). I'm telling you I've seen them built for $150 before.

Why would a tightwadded customer be a customer for this type of product at all? A real tightwad would do it himself. I don't think you can consider yourself a tightwad if you would pay anything for a glovebox.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox [Re: mycofile]
    #515415 - 01/09/02 12:52 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Glove boxes are a pain in the ass to work in. My glovebox was a clear plastic tub with arm holes cut in it. That's the most effort/cash I would put into one. It worked, but nothing beats the free movement of a hood.

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #515484 - 01/09/02 02:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

/me laughs!

The Research Department of The Sporeworks, and the Public Relations Department of Myco Supply have been working on a very effecient and cheap glove box for almost a year now!

The plans are still "top secret" and somewhat unconventional :P-

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox [Re: Lana]
    #515637 - 01/09/02 05:48 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Cool Lana,

I'd like to see a vendor put a unit out....for a reasonable price.
I was looking at another thread.....and saw this big $$$$ unit that is used for mail. Cause of the Anthrax scare....lol
It looked really well made but the price was like WOW.
Think it was like $1500.00 or something like that.
http://www.coylab.com/guide.htm
I used to work with sheet metal....and have some experience with wood too.
I was going to look into buying some sheets of Plexiglass and see about making my own.
I have noticed that these are set up like alot of sandblaster boxes that i have used in the past.... Industrial types.
I really think cost and labor to make a good one....might not be worth it....for resale....I'll have to look into it more.
I have a full workshop at my house....so i can pretty much make anything.
I was also thinking of buying a Plexiglass Aquarium and tweaking that.
If i do make one i will post my results.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #515703 - 01/09/02 06:51 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

hi enter, sorry to come off snippy, i didnt mean to if i did! :) but i still dont think that shipping an entire wood/plexi glovebox would be cost effective for any vendor... expensive stuff (more than 50) doesnt seem to fly well around here.

BUT, vendors could offer the hard to find pieces for a glovebox!! damn, armholes in plywood are f*cking impossible to make yourself without the correct "bit" and brace (that costs more than 40$ to buy, not including the drill!!) one piece with armholes cut into it, and the plexi with the drillholes in it for the screws for the open/shut lid (think TMC's glovebox pic) if you went with that design... drilling plexi is hard without cracking it. those are the 2 hard to procure pieces for a plexi/wood glovebox. and of course, plus instructions-... the customer would only have to go to home depot and buy more plywood (they cut it there) and assemble at home... with a screwdriver and nails/screws.

who knows :) i cant wait to see the top secret deal though ::grin::

ps, we had no problem with a butane torch in our glass aquarium setup (im clumsy and wont use an open flame). plus, glass wont melt and doesnt carry heat/cant burn like plywood can... and plywood absorbs stuff like glass wont... i spill molten agar/plates in a glass aquarium and its easy peasy cleanup (i spill stuff, yes, dont laugh! ::grin::)... but that could be solved by sealing the plywood with a latex paint... those were just a few reasons why we decided not to go wood...

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002

Offline3DSHROOM
loon
Male

#515829 - 01/09/02 09:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

If you are willing to spend the money to have a nice box that will last a while then it would be well worth it to go ahead and spend a little more money to make sure it is what you want. We would all love to have a lovely flowhood. On the other hand there are people who use rubbermaid containers with armholes and the top cut out and covered with a clear material (saran wrap). The people who use these report to me that they have never had contamination since they started using it and it only cost them around $15 to make. Simple yet effective.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood loon

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #516566 - 01/10/02 04:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #517152 - 01/11/02 06:50 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#517335 - 01/11/02 11:21 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I would love to see something like that as well. Most imortantly a flow hood that could be had for a reasonable price.
I had a guy once that was making flow hoods and shipping them, but even though he was getting the filters cheap the overall cost & S&H were still almost as much as Stamets flow hoods. www.fungi.com He was only making about $20-$25 prophit per flowhood and was decided it was not worth all the extra work.
Shipping on a flow hood can be very expensive.

If someone can come up with a good design for a reasonable price on either the glovebox or the flowhood I can post a section on it from my website (similiar to the DB kits) and send business your way, provided your not also selling spores.
I personally do not want to ship them out but I can help in directing business your way if you want to start this type of a project. I think a reasonably priced and small enough flow hood would be the ticket, you dont need a glove box if you have the flow hood.

Thats a great looking design from Ocilli :wink:

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

OfflineMaddoc
Resurrected!
Male
Loc: London, UK, Basel, CH or ...
    #517577 - 01/11/02 03:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Why use a Glovebox?

A simple propane flame (even without a spreader) works fine for stopping contaminants dropping onto agar.

My biology teacher transferred Lab Strains of E-Coli to agar plates from slant tubes whilst standing about 1.5 feet from the flame, no contams.

But then again, glovebox's have many advantages. Like not being able to knock over a 800'C flameing torch.

--------------------
"Your Gimmiky Restraunt - By J.R. Bennigans"

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: Vendors should carry a cheap, beginner's glovebox [Re: Maddoc]
    #517603 - 01/11/02 04:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

how would you make/pour the agar plates? or do other innoculations- such as grain to grain (notwithstanding peroxidated techniques), innoc. of spore water to jars, and even agar transfers?

plus, flames are pretty serious business to be playing with at home, like you say. and, gloveboxes/hoods are nice cos you store your plates/whatever in them, further minimizing contams (that can sneak thru parafilmed/saranwrapped plates).

i also dont have any personal knowledge of using a torch, as im a dorky english major and all, so perhaps some of our science buffs could comment as well? im curious to hear ~

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #594774 - 03/31/02 05:26 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #764013 - 07/21/02 07:00 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules