Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices
    #512593 - 01/06/02 08:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

4 sizes of filter patch bags aka(myco bags)
Also presterilized substrates,BRF & Verm and rye etc...
Pre poured petris dishes and well as pre sterilized MEA 500ml just boil to unsolidify and pour.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: dimitri211]
    #513475 - 01/07/02 04:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You do not mention shipping costs on your temp page. Could ya tell us what those would be?

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

#513476 - 01/07/02 04:55 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You do not mention shipping costs on your temp page. Could ya tell us what those would be? Also, does your compost come in pre-sterile filter patch bags?

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: NugDumper]
    #513799 - 01/07/02 10:09 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Tell me the wieght of the total items you want your zipcode and I will give you the shipping cost.

Offlinecamel
old hand

#514073 - 01/08/02 04:26 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

It's beyond me why anybody would order from this place. Is it too difficult for us to make our own agar and spawn bags? Do I need to come over to your house and do it FOR you?

peace
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: camel]
    #514581 - 01/08/02 04:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Some people fail to realize that not everyone is as knowledgeable as themselves, and others do not have access to equipment needed to make some of these items. I personally do not own a flow hood (nor can I find reason enough to spend the money on one) or an impulse sealer, so I find it futile to make my own spawn bags. Its a comfort to know that some vendors can help out less fortunate like myself by offering items such as these, if by chance I decide I would like to try them. Many people do not own pressure cookers and find it difficult to sterilize grain spawn for bags, or agar.

Perhaps everyone needs a little insight into the world of others. eh.

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #514593 - 01/08/02 04:27 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: World Spirit]
    #515047 - 01/09/02 01:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Double well said, let me try and make this a triple play. ; )

I appreciate his inclusion of things like pre-sterilized substrate etc. because I am actually new to growing, and I'd rather just order some of this stuff rather than track it down, prepare it... which also expands to room for failure by my unfortunate ignorance. (Through sheer inexperience.) I have more faith in his products than I would in my own (for the time being at the very least) and if it cuts the stress of that alone it's worth it. (especially since it's priced quite reasonably.)

In short, I've got other things to do than struggle with this stuff, and if I can throw down a few bucks and have it all delivered to my door, then by God I'm going to do it. : )

--------------------

Offlinecamel
old hand

Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: Ulysees]
    #515121 - 01/09/02 05:02 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Let's do some math and figure out how much dimitri is helping you folks out:

It costs about $20 to make enough agar to last you prolly yer whole lifetime. 100's if not 1000's of petri dishes. And $1 apprx for a 1Liter bottle of H2O2. So let's figure out how much money dimitri is making off of each bottle of H2O2 he buys to make agar for you folks (because he's such a kind guy):

$1 = 1000 ml's of H2O2
2.5 ml's H2O2 for 500 ml's of agar
dimitri charges 10 cents extra for every 500 ml's of agar if it's peroxidated

1000 / 2.5 = 400
400 x $0.10 = $40
$40 net income for H202 alone. That is $39 profit off of a $1 bottle of H2O2 that any fool can get at a pharmacy.

I could do the same thing for every other product on his page, but I think I've made my point pretty clear.

Your own laziness is costing you more money in the long run than making a small startup investment and doing some reading on how to prepare things yourself. It really is not that difficult, these things don't make themselves. You're paying money to some other idiot to do some very easy tasks for you.

be well
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Offlinepkeffect

Loc: somewhere above the cloud...
    #515123 - 01/09/02 05:10 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

'looks around for the rest of the Sock Puppet Fucks to come out of the shite'

--------------------
Life is like...well...you know...

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #515185 - 01/09/02 07:36 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: World Spirit]
    #515231 - 01/09/02 08:36 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I built a flow hood once upon a time for $120.
A BRAND NEW 12" IMPULSE SEALER IS ONLY $20 ON EBAY!!!
DIY, it's not hard or expensive. But then again, it's not for the lazy either...

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#515238 - 01/09/02 08:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>Your own laziness is costing you more money in the long run than making a small startup investment and doing some reading on how to prepare things yourself. It really is not that difficult, these things don't make themselves. You're paying money to some other idiot to do some very easy tasks for you.

Well, I think the point is that I'm paying someone else to do it for me, so that I don't have to do it. You see it in a negative light, whereas I find it convienient. I don't do oil changes anymore either.

The simple fact is I don't need to know it. Do you fix all your own appliances? Overhaul your car? Repair your plumbing? Blow your own glass? Mycology isn't my life, it's a hobby that I don't enjoy much more than some of those things I just listed. In fact I'd much rather invest all that time learning more about many other things than growing fungus.

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #515254 - 01/09/02 09:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey dimitri, tell us about your compost.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: mycofile]
    #515406 - 01/09/02 12:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Good to see ya back Mycofile. Mushroom cultivators are getting scarce around here from the looks of it, same to you Camel, teonan, anno, and the 3 I forgot.

Offlinecamel
old hand

#515617 - 01/09/02 05:29 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"Mycology isn't my life, it's a hobby that I don't enjoy much more than some of those things I just listed. In fact I'd much rather invest all that time learning more about many other things than growing fungus."

If you don't like it then why don't you just "not do it" in the first place?

"The simple fact is I don't need to know it. Do you fix all your own appliances? Overhaul your car? Repair your plumbing? "

If that's yer attitude then why not leave growing mushrooms to the mushroom growers, and pay them $20 for 3 grams of mushrooms?

You keep contradicting yourself with each sentance you say, which to me is a tad amusing.

slither: thanks man, nice to see that somebody here remembers the former Cultivation Forum moderator ;) hehe

be well
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
    #515736 - 01/09/02 07:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"It costs about $20 to make enough agar to last you prolly yer whole lifetime. 100's if not 1000's of petri dishes. And $1 apprx for a 1Liter bottle of H2O2. "

What if the person is an intermediate grower getting interested in some other things but they havent worked out the kinks in you system yet. You buy the $20 worth MEA, then buy some petri dishes and then pay for shipping. All together about $35. Then you go through (and assuming you have a P.C.) and sterillize everything and pour your dishes. A few days later you find out that you missed something and your whole batch of MEA got contaminated. Or you didnt read enough and added the H202 before you PCed the MEA and the H202 was broken down. $35 worth of mold when you could have just purchased a few dishes from dimitri and not had to worry about it.
Also what if the person only wanted to try it out and see if they would like to keep with it. They could buy $5 worth of peroxide plates and see how the work out and if they feel that it is something they want to get into, and then go and buy all of the equipment.

Basically what I am getting at is that we are paying the vendors not only for the products but for their time. The time that they spend pressure cooking, finding products, keeping the large amount of products at their homes, keeping a website up, customer support, awnsering questions, and everything else that has to do with the vending buisness. I know what you are trying to get at, that it will cost you alot more to buy premade than homemade and I totally agree with you about this. but not everyone is ready to commit to having a huge elaborate growsetup with impulse sealers, flowhoods, 3 PC's and a few hundred pounds of compost and some MEA. I really dont think that justifys you coming onto a thread and flaming a vendor because you feel that he is ripping people off. He is not ripping anyone off IMHO. Realize that I am not getting angry about this, it is just that dimitri is a pretty cool guy most of the time, really helpfully, and he also has the close to or the best prices on most of the stuff he offers compared to other vendors.
Compost for example costs you like $50-$60 less compared to the dung brothers. And the inpulse sealers are the same price as myco supply and about $100 less than sporeworks. Petri dishes are the cheapest I have seen, MEA is very compeditive, scaples are compeditive, along with almost every other item he has. There is also the fact that you can buy everything you need at once if you want and not have to go to 10 different vendors nad have everything arrive at different times. Anyways a few pennies from me.
later

Offlinecamel
old hand

Re: Lot's of new items check them out/low/low prices [Re: blahblahblah]
    #515803 - 01/09/02 08:46 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Nice to have you join the conversation, dimitri...

be well
camel

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#515812 - 01/09/02 08:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Well camel, I think you misunderstood... or else you just don't get it. You're a diehard mushroom cultivator I guess, whereas I just want some mushrooms. Relying on dealers is useless when things are so simple these days... But that doesn't mean I want to get into making agar cultures and whatnot, becuase I have absolutely no reason to. If I need that stuff, I will buy it. There, save myself time and effort which I value above money. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate doing this stuff, I'm just beginning and I want to keep it simple... I don't enjoy it all that much more than doing other things like screwing around with cars and whatnot, but what you're not realizing is that I actually enjoy doing those things to a certain degree... see? I do of course enjoy the end result more than the process, whether it's installing a part or growing a carrot. (Not that I don't find the joy in the installation or growing, I just don't like it as much as you. I've got other hobbies that demand my time, mycology isn't at the top of the list right now.)

I get what you're saying man, you're just under the wrong impression about me. (Perhaps, unless you really think it should be 100% or fuck it.)

--------------------

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
    #515818 - 01/09/02 09:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

So if someone posts on behalf of a vendor it automatically makes him a sockpuppet?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck