Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOrranis
Getting there
Male

Pros and Cons of larger Innoculations? *DELETED*
    #5152733 - 01/07/06 11:25 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Orranis

Reason for deletion: a last request

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Pros and Cons of larger Innoculations? [Re: Orranis]
    #5152840 - 01/08/06 12:05 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

It's possible that the PF could be varied a little with better results, going on the premise that it's stretching a syringe out over 10 jars. But you can risk too much moisture in the jar.

Since you'll have plenty of culture, knock up 2 batches. That way, if it works well, you'll have the faster jars to fruit, and the slow jars to fruit later.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace
I am      I feel      I do     I love I speak    I see    I know

“Science advances one funeral at a time”
~Max Planck

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
    #5153516 - 01/08/06 09:32 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Its definately a pro to add more LC. Keep your jars a bit drier than normal, and then add a larger amount of LC - maybe 20ml less water per jar, then four squirts of 5ml each at your innocculation points around the jar.

OfflineErickson
Resident
Re: Pros and Cons of larger Innoculations? [Re: _OttO_]
    #5153549 - 01/08/06 09:45 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If your worried about your spore supply while doing this you can always make liquid inoculant to multiply your spores...

Only done this once and it was ages ago.. just mixed honey and water then microwaved it for a while then let it cool... Then sprayed spores in the honey water and brought them into a few syringes, the spores will then begin growing myc in the water on the honey, doubling the amount of myc/spores in the jars... I think if you do this right it should increase your waiting on the incubation part.. but you'll have to get a more and better detailed tek on this somewhere because I don't know what the hell i'm talking about.

--------------------
Fortune Favors The Bold.

Offline_OttO_
Over Stimulated
 User Gallery

Loc: Up Over
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pros and Cons of larger Innoculations? [Re: _OttO_]
    #5153671 - 01/08/06 10:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Erickson said:
If your worried about your spore supply while doing this you can always make liquid inoculant to multiply your spores....

Quote:

_OttO_ said:
Its definately a pro to add more LC. Keep your jars a bit drier than normal, and then add a larger amount of LC - maybe 20ml less water per jar, then four squirts of 5ml each at your innocculation points around the jar.

LC being liquid culture, or as you said, liquid innoculant.

OfflineMycophreek423
Late For TheFuture!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Tenth Kingdom
    #5154106 - 01/08/06 12:39 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

LC rocks I used it 2 times. ya just use the same amout of spore solution to innoc. the lc as you would if it where a normal pf jar. then you got enough lc to innoc. about 30 or forty jars.

as for the ratio of honey or dextrose look in the faq. but i think if you use dextrose you use like 1/4 teaspoon to a half pint jar

--------------------
I Thought You Where There , But you Where not. It Mushed Have Been Somthing I Ate.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck