Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: Freeker]
    #5151581 - 01/07/06 08:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Do the singles thing; put an ad all over the place: "Single man with job seeks wife" You'll be beating them off with a stick.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: Freeker]
    #5151593 - 01/07/06 08:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Work on yourself first, and the rest will follow.  Look at it like it is a very important project (which it is!).  In my experience, if people see that you care about yourself, they will be more likey to believe that you have the capacity to care about others.  They will then be more likely to be interested in who you are. 

It also helped me in my downtimes to think about things less dualistically.  Anyways, I hope to see you on the up and up man!  We all know you can do it!

EDIT:  And yes, your life IS worth living.  The possibilities are endless, and you are at the helm steering where things lead to.  Take the wheel and drive!  The journey is most definitely worth the hassle. :wink:

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

Edited by D4NK (01/07/06 08:19 PM)

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: Booby]
    #5151594 - 01/07/06 08:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:
Do the singles thing; put an ad all over the place: "Single man with job seeks wife" You'll be beating them off with a stick.

Iam not intersted in getting a GF or wife. Being able to get friends is my upmost need in life, but thanks all the same :smile:

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: cubeladd]
    #5151660 - 01/07/06 08:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cubeladd said:
Iam the same at the moment. I never really go out much and so I can't expect to make new relationships. But how do I begin to start to become outgoing when I have nobody to meet and nowhere to go? Sorry if I sound a little dumb here but I genuinely don't even know where to begin.

Well, that's where you have to be creative. If you are in school i suppose it's a lot easier to meet people. Don't really know what to tell you there. Find out where people go to and then go there too! lol.

Quote:

Work on yourself first, and the rest will follow. Look at it like it is a very important project (which it is!). In my experience, if people see that you care about yourself, they will be more likey to believe that you have the capacity to care about others. They will then be more likely to be interested in who you are.

:thumbup:

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5151695 - 01/07/06 08:43 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps a short attenion span is why you're having difficulty following conversations. I would check out Gingko Biloba and Ginseng to improve your memory and cognitive abilities (but be patient, Gingko takes a week or two to start working).

If you met someone who had the same qualities you don't like in yourself, what would you think of him? You don't seem like a hateful guy, so I don't imagine you'd think anything bad about him. So why would you think bad things about YOURSELF!?

I've found generally that once you are able to fully accept yourself as you are and love yourself, then others will follow. So whatever it is you need to do in order to find unconditional love for yourself, do it.

And as to the question "Is your life worth living", I'd say that you're living it. Whether or not it's worth it is entirely in your head, regardless of how it may seem.

:heart:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: dblaney]
    #5151786 - 01/07/06 09:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
Perhaps a short attention span is why you're having difficulty following conversations. I would check out Gingko Biloba and Ginseng to improve your memory and cognitive abilities (but be patient, Gingko takes a week or two to start working).

If you met someone who had the same qualities you don't like in yourself, what would you think of him? You don't seem like a hateful guy, so I don't imagine you'd think anything bad about him. So why would you think bad things about YOURSELF!?

I've found generally that once you are able to fully accept yourself as you are and love yourself, then others will follow. So whatever it is you need to do in order to find unconditional love for yourself, do it.

And as to the question "Is your life worth living", I'd say that you're living it. Whether or not it's worth it is entirely in your head, regardless of how it may seem.

:heart:

I don't believe people hate me. People basically see me as a nice guy. the problem lies in me not being able to get past becoming acquaintances with them. This is evident when I see them enjoying themselves much more in conversation with other people I know than with me. This is what leads to my depression and disappear :frown:

I have a poor-self image because of this. I will probably give the Ginko a shot, although even when I try and concentrate on the subject of a conversation I usually have no luck grasping it so I don't think that attention span is the problem, anything is worth a try though :smile:

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #5151801 - 01/07/06 09:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Perhaps self-consciousness is your main problem here? I dunno how to work around that except to just keep on trying to beat it. :justdontknow:

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5151806 - 01/07/06 09:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Join clubs

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #5151807 - 01/07/06 09:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Perhaps self-consciousness is your main problem here? I dunno how to work around that except to just keep on trying to beat it. :justdontknow:

Yeah, Iam extremely self concious of both the way I look (even though I look fine Iam always comparing myself to better looking people) and the way I look when speaking. Iam overcomming it but it's a slow process.

--------------------
-Marge Simpson

Edited by cubeladd (01/07/06 09:17 PM)

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: Booby]
    #5151811 - 01/07/06 09:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:
Join clubs

I'd love to but I have nobody to go with  :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

--------------------
-Marge Simpson

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5151815 - 01/07/06 09:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This is evident when I see them enjoying themselves much more in conversation with other people I know than with me. This is what leads to my depression and disappear

How do you know they enjoy themselves more when they're talking with other people? If none of them have said straightforwardly something to that effect, then you're just assuming that they do. And you're letting a simple assumption drag you down.

And if, though it is very unlikely, they truly do enjoy themselves more in conversations with others, then you're letting it get to you. Either confront them about it (respectfully, of course), or find new friends. Don't wallow in a puddle of despair, unless you are one of the few people who actually enjoys despair puddles.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5151823 - 01/07/06 09:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cubeladd said:I'd love to but I have nobody to go with  :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

Take dancing lessons?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #5151824 - 01/07/06 09:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cubeladd said:
Iam overcomming it but it's a slow process.

Indeed it is a slow process. I used to have the same problem, but I just kind of out-grew it. It does take time, but it can be done!  :laugh:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#5151825 - 01/07/06 09:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Company parties are about free food and brown nosing, if you arnt gona get them a promotion then why talk to you? If you wanna be friends outside of work, envite a few out for lunch or dinner sometime.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#5151836 - 01/07/06 09:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Dont turn anywhere other then yourself. You have to plant the seeds you want in your own life, weed out the seeds that dont get you where you wanna go and nurture the plants inside of you.

Think of the golden lotus, you can turn to meditation and source your own light that will let this sacred flower grow.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Is my life worth living? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5152124 - 01/07/06 11:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

dude, it sounds like puberty gave you a bad case of social anxiety. I dated a girl who contantly analyzed what people were thinking of her and how she appeared to other people. She had a hard time relating to people because of it and never had any close friends. That's why she has to be emotionally dependent on a boyfriend *cough*not me*cough.

Anyways, yeah, it's all in your head. People probably just don't talk to you (like you said) because you have trouble with conversations, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy your company! Some people appreciate someone who doesn't talk all the time.

Seriously, social anxiety is for middle school and high school. You'll see that in the adult world people aren't so critical and are more mature, and the constant judging is not as prevalent as it was when we first learned to socialize.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains