Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: gray1]
    #517299 - 01/11/02 10:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

>sterilizing 55 gallon drum is no small task
This is done by steam in biochemistry setups.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegray1
addict

Loc: brooklyn
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: Anno]
    #517339 - 01/11/02 11:24 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

repeat: no small task for the home experimenter

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: gray1]
    #518209 - 01/12/02 04:28 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Stainless steel open head 55-gallon drum capped with a filtered pressure relief valve (15 psi w/ gauge) was heated via 150,000 Btu/hour salamander heater for a while. You can buy one of these heaters used for under $150 ($300 new). They are also available via rental.

These drums can withstand pressures over 36 psi, but they are susceptible to strong vacuum and care should be taken to allow air intake thru the filter during cooling.

-Zen

Drum - http://www.ntp.doe.gov/packmanag/102-6085pscreen.pdf
Heater - http://www.vogelzang.com/salamander2.htm

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: 00Zen]
    #518521 - 01/12/02 01:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Is there a way I'm not understanding that a salamander heater would be better than a propane turkey fryer base? That's what I use for pasteurizing in a 55gal drum, off hand I'm thinking 130-180,000 btu.

OfflineAnArKey
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocybin) [Re: 00Zen]
    #518909 - 01/12/02 10:23 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly how does one inject Psilocybin when it is at +50%? Very carefully I'd imagine.

I guess one would have to use LSD techniques of preparing doses.

Offlinecrispyburrito

Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: slither]
    #518931 - 01/12/02 10:56 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Could be way out of line ! The (goverment) has a long arm right now , taping anyones phone , mail , email , internet , they have almost complete access to everything . There probaly taking full advantage before congress shuts it down , which there already thinking of doing , seeing how they dident realize how much control they gave . Be safe , smells funny my fraind may be a newbie , but not dumb in the head. Example : ( beehive .com all over 20/20 3 months ago . They know whats up out there ! Few kids in the pen for a few years cause of that and that was 20/20 news who poped that story better believe ( gov) is on all this . Why bother with few grams in the basement when you can get an experenced cultivator with intent to distribute.....Maybey save the notes and try it a few years later,, when you dont have a p.c in your face with all your( info) tracks on it. At least !! Dont say your trying it or thinking about it !! Big brother has a hell of alot bigger right now .. (POSTER ) = you have under 12 post's , seems kinda strange if you know what your doing,, post it and leave ,,why push it on people and answer questions if your so new here ??Dump the info and go would be logical of anyone with such knowledge... By your lingo it seems like you've been watching this board for quite some time,, even your profile has( bee hive) in it as well ! Biggest internet bust in town for these kinda sites ! ! ! Very skechy !! ( gov ) Just a thought maybey to much boose ...........

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

Invisibleslither
addict
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: crispyburrito]
    #519151 - 01/13/02 04:38 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I see your point crispy, good point also just to be cautious in. But it's obvious Zen has done his homework, and it wasn't done here for sure. I can't understand any of the chemistry stuff myself, but I find it amazing to hear someone speak that seems to know exactly what they are talking about and bring two subjects together. It does defiantely spark the mad scientist in me, the same way mixing up complicated agar recipe's does when simple MEA or PDA work just as well.. Of course like I posted above, a gallon jar rather than a 55gal drum would be more my speed.

Experimentation is the only thing that keeps me interested in cultivation. Right now I'm mainly getting started with gourmets, the only psilocybes I have in progress are cubes spawned to paper kitty litter and some on alfalfa cubes running very fast on both and Weilii in a variety of substrates with mixes of alfalfa, grain, wood pellet fuel, and paper kitty litter.

Anyways, sorry to go off topic, but what I'm saying is most of probably aren't thinking 7 grand worth of product, what I'm thinking is "Wow! something new to try" or "wow I finally get to use some of this equipment". I left the drug scene ages ago, now my drug of choice is experimenting and an occasional mushroom trip.

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: crispyburrito] * 1
    #519406 - 01/13/02 12:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"If you refuse to climb the mountain because you're afraid of falling, then you'll never know what it's like at the top." -Fortune Cookie

The MAN:

Persecution by the authorities is definitely a real life threat that should be taken seriously. Anyone thinking of committing an act that could violate state or federal prohibition should consider the risk to gain ratio and develop a safer alternative route if at all possible. There are plenty of countries where these types of experiments can be freely preformed. There are also nice English speaking countries that carry only minor fines for relatively incarcerating US offenses. With a good travel agent you can likely get yourself to one of these places for under $200.

I am well versed in criminal law and constantly keep abreast of developing national and international drug laws. I have acquired multiple citizenships and do not import or export any illegal products or information across US borders. While spending my required 3 months a year in the USA to retain citizenship all of my research is either completely academic or abides by state and federal stature.

The procedures, methods, and data provided here are solely for informational purposes and do not provide incriminating evidence of illegal behavior, an attempt to conspire with accomplices, or an attempt to contribute to the delinquency of minors. I have the power to exercise my first amendment rights of free speech. Even the Methamphetamine Anti-Proliferation Act of 1999 that terrorized the hive by attempting to "criminalized certain speech concerning controlled substances" was found by the Center for Cognitive Liberty & Ethics to violate the First Amendment and could have been used by law enforcement agents to arrest providers of harm reduction information, and to silence advocates of drug policy reform.

Furthermore I have found the Internet to be the optimal storage facility to store information for later retrieval almost anywhere in the world. Additionally I have found public forums to be a priceless developmental tool allowing me to display my data for public criticism as well as harvest an abundance of new data. Although the integrity of newly collected data may be questioned it still provides significant reference points for empirical studies.

Injections:

Who brought this up? Is it for you or your hamster? The answer is quite simply, no. The product obtained from this method is in no way sterile enough for injection. The total degradation point of Psilocybin at 86 C also makes it impossible to heat sterilize it to such a point. Assuming you are able to acquired pure sterile psilocybin via chromatography, you could add 1 g to 333 ml of sterilized water or saline solution to produce a 3mg per cc injection. The effects as reported by Alexander Shulgin are as follows:

(with 3 mg phosphate ester, intravenously) "The effects are immediate (in 30 seconds) and I did not have the time to build up any worry -- it was simply too fast. In about an hour I was back where I started from."

(with 12 mg phosphate ester, intravenously) "I had had eight milligrams earlier, with a very good reaction. Here, today, I feel that everything has disintegrated, and I am extremely anxious. I am very confused."

(with 12 mg phosphate ester, intramuscularly) "This is strong. There were a lot of wild images in about two hours, and I thought that the day would never end. At about six hours I knew it would, but in fact in the evening I took 100 milligrams of seconal which allowed me to drift into a fine sleep. The next day I was fine."

-Zen

Offlinecrispyburrito

#519673 - 01/13/02 05:24 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Whatever ,, No boose today and your still shady ..Whats your relationship to the hive ? None would be presumed.

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

OfflinePsychotropia
Stranger
    #523157 - 01/17/02 03:10 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Quick quetion,
Would it be possible to use the powder from dried mushrooms to extract pure psilocybin using a polar/non-polar method?

--------------------
-------------------------------------
Duke : "There's a uhhh big machine in the sky......some kind of electric snake......it's coming right at us."
Acosta : "Shot it."
Duke : "Not yet......I wanna study it's habits"

Offlinegray1
addict

Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: Psychotropia]
    #523460 - 01/17/02 11:31 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

sure.

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocybin) [Re: Psychotropia]
    #523812 - 01/17/02 07:52 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Acid / base extractions do not work to well for psilocybin due to its acidic phosporyloxy group.

-Zen

Offlinegray1
addict

#524240 - 01/18/02 07:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

using a polar/nonpolar solvent mixture to extract isn't acid base extraction (phenol:chloroform:isoamyl alcohol), or benzene, or another organic solvent.

Invisible00Zen
Stranger
Re: Enhanced Psilocybin Production (7.5 G Psilocyb [Re: slither]
    #530630 - 01/24/02 11:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

You might like this idea slither.. there's alot of talk about hydroponic fruit cultivation techniques. This solution would work perfectly for Ps. C. here's a draft:

-Zen and the Art of Hydroponic Fungal Cultivation

InvisibleChampion des Champignons
long standing member;)

Loc: Alba
    #531393 - 01/25/02 08:27 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

This may be a stupid question, but what's to stop a large proportion of the tryptamines from leaching out of the mycelium into the nutrient solution, which is then, presumably, discarded?

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom