Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesafe
Stranger
MJ worth it?
    #5138683 - 01/04/06 01:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

After reading up on the negative health effects thread, who still considers it worth smoking pot?

My mate has suffered sever paranoid shizofrenic episodes, diredctly realted to it.

I have had panic disorder and depersonalisation disorder but started from gaining ectopic beats from a 2.48 g caffein overdose, and i can't imagine gettig something like that back again its horrible, being sure your going to die on the spot.

Also MJ causes me a very rapid heart rate also, and i don't want to get anymore heart trouble.

Do you guys still think MJ is stil worth it with all the possible negative effects?

This thread should not interefere with the negative health thread.
Do you think MJ is still worth it?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (01/04/06 01:01 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegotcha420haha
Not Available
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: safe]
    #5138796 - 01/04/06 01:23 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

is your life worth getting high? i mean, i smoke pot, but if my life was on the line when i did it i would definatly stop. its just not worth it

--------------------

"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

InvisibleChristoph teh goat luvr
Drugstore Cowboy
 User Gallery

Loc: Louisiana Flag
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: gotcha420haha]
    #5138843 - 01/04/06 01:36 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think it depends on how much you smoke. I think it's fine if your not using daily.

Invisibleshroomanic
PsychiatricExplorations
 User Gallery

Loc: Dunder Mifflin
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: Christoph teh goat luvr]
    #5138923 - 01/04/06 01:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Depends on the person. I know people who actually should smoke pot everyday because they are fucking insane with OCDs and pot calms them down a lot. But that's them.
If I was having problems like you, I'd quit. Not worth dying over.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #5138946 - 01/04/06 01:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shneck said:
That's so sad. What's happening to all of us?
"Is MJ still worth it?" "Is your life worth getting high?"
Folks, wake up, what are you talking about? Is it an FDA symposium here? Or a school teachers' meeting? Are you guys paranoid?

People, THERE IS NO DEATH RELATED TO MJ OFFICIALLY REGISTERED IN 10000-odd YEARS OF THE KNOWH HISTORY OF ITS USE!!!

HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS PEOPLE die annually of booze and nicotine diseases not counting the drinking car accidents!
There are thousands MURDERS DAILY resulting of alcohole abuse!

Damn, people die in packs just because of eating fast food, -
never mind, forget it.
This world is definitely f**ked up for good.

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #5139048 - 01/04/06 02:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I can't answer that question... it's ridiculously oversimplifying a very complex matter.

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: MJ worth it? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #5139113 - 01/04/06 02:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I smoke daily and have been doing so for 4 years now and have suffered no long term effects.  It helps me relax at night after a long day of school and work.  Honestly, I think I would be worse off (mentally) with out it.

Also, I know some very healthy and succesful people who are now in the 40s and 50s who have been smoking pot for 30 years...and they are doing great!

Why is everyone getting some scared of pot nowadays???????? :confused:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

InvisibleMushy_face
Stranger

#5139119 - 01/04/06 02:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Little physical effects are normally associated with MJ use. If you have used pot before in the past with no physical trouble then fine go ahead. However chronic use can cause many phycological problems, so in moderation for 99 percnet of the population then its fine.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#5139125 - 01/04/06 02:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

LoL MJ being lethal...

I've smoked pot straight for 5-6 years.. nearly everyday.. I had had some pit stops here and there and long days of not using pot.. id say longest I was off would be 2 months. I never had anything wrong with me, just panic episodes and increased heart rate that made waves in a pool of water, but nothing lethal. I know pot sure isnt good on the lungs.. no smoke is..

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (01/04/06 02:37 PM)

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #5139251 - 01/04/06 03:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It is worth it for someone whos life isn't on the line. It is not worth it if the users life is on the line, or the quality of his/her life. So for you, i would say it isnt worth it. But there are many, such as me, who use pot [moderatly in my case cause id rather keep it something special and not a routine] and have no negative health effects really. In such a case it is worth it, as I said. Marijuana does not cause mental illness or disorder of any kind, it only brings out and aggitates an already existing (posibly unsurfaced) mental disorder (even something like anxiety). Having a family history of mental illness does count as a predispostion. If you have no underlying mental problems nor do you have family history of mental problems, you will not develop a mental disorder from simply smoking pot.

Offlinesafe
Stranger
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5143419 - 01/05/06 02:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ok cheers for the input, i dont feel my life is on the line though, the panic disorder i had was caused about anxiety related to my heart and ectopic beats from a caffeine overdose, and i wasn't sure if it was posible for mj to bring that back, is that possible?

and i use to get frightened at an elevated heart rate until i compared it to cardio exercise, but i just got worried after reading someone had a heart attack from it which is like my worst nightmare

OfflinePingasa
Stranger
    #5143487 - 01/05/06 02:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If you dont get a heart attack from doing a little bit of cardiovascular exercise you wont get one from pot. Using daily might cause some problems even though thats not likely. So if you want to smoke do whatever you want, just keep it in moderation.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5143521 - 01/05/06 02:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yes, definately. its a brilliant drug when used in moderation.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: alsey]
    #5144071 - 01/05/06 05:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck moderation! Toke hourly!

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #5144100 - 01/05/06 05:52 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Jesus guys is life worth living if your dieing more every day.
omg I wake up every day knowing I'm one day closer to my death ohhh the horror.

seriously if every single one of us can do that we can handle a little damage to our lungs. A little paranoia that is all in our head. A brief period of time thinking that your dieing.

I do not mean to be rude but I just don't see the concept to what I have seen you guys say.

Most weed is a sedative and so most weed should technically slow your heart down and even your breathing which some may go omg I'm breathing slow I am gonna die from lack of air but that is all in your head you are breathing as much as you need to.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: MJ worth it? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5144110 - 01/05/06 05:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think you're a goofball. I am just an apathetic pot head I suppose, sorry.

Like the guy said above, you're dying everyday. Oxygen is, like, totally oxidizing your carbon-based cells, totally, like everyday, ok?

Cannabis is a miraculous plant, I'm sorry you cannot derive the same delectation I do from it, but that is your problem, so perhaps it's not so much the weed but your personal reaction to it. So, in consummation, you should not smoke.

Mmmrah!    :stoned:

--------------------

Edited by Herbus (01/05/06 05:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale