Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
Anybody cultivate Garden Gaint?
    #5121511 - 12/30/05 08:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

After reading Stamets latest..."Mycelium Running". I'm wanting to try this mushroom. He goes as far to say it taste's like chicken after being cooked on the BBQ.

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Anybody cultivate Garden Gaint? [Re: kiss]
    #5121857 - 12/30/05 10:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well...if you season it well, anything can taste like chicken :wink:

Honestly, it is not the best tasting mushroom, but it is easy to grow and it can fruit abundantly.

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#5123289 - 12/30/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I setup a few patches this past fall from a culture cloned threw lab techniques from my friends garden.

The interesting thing is that I really went backwards.. my friends first cultivated this mushroom by finding it in the forest and transplanting the stems to their garden in beds of woodchips, I cloned the mushrooms fruiting there in a lab.

I guess the nice thing about lab work though, is that this year they had some contamination issues with a slime mold in their beds of woodchips, they wanted to grow out more and larger and ended up not having enough spawn... It is possible that the stropharia wont grow again in their garden, but because I have a backup culture in fridgeration, I can always create spawn and reimplant fresh beds on their land.

Ill be taking pics of the beds I setup, hopefully they will fruit next year! I made two beds, one in the woods and one next to a river bed at an organic farm I work on, it is quite close though and I fear it may endup being IN the river, and washed away.

I also just got Mycelium Running for XMas! It looks amazing! Im so stoked to leave the lab behind.. :wink:

--------------------
"listening for the secret.. searching for the sound.."

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
Re: Anybody cultivate Garden Gaint? [Re: mattymonkey]
    #5125621 - 12/31/05 10:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Mycelium Running is a fab. book indeed. I'd really have to say that it's one of the best books I've read in a long time. The information contained has opened my eye's to this stuff that should implimented in everyday life....more so then I ever realized!

This book has turned me on to other mushrooms as well that I'd like to cultivate along with the GG. But after seeing some really good photo's of this beastly size of a shroom, and the fact that it taste's like chicken :wink: I'd just thought I'd see if others have the same interest.
I hope your beds turn out good for you, and please take some photot's for all of us to see.  Let me know when your able to send a peice of tissue over :wink:

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

Invisiblemicololo2
Stranger

Loc: Québec, Canada
    #5128660 - 01/01/06 01:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Garden Giant are realy easy to grow. I got mush the first year I tried. Instaling your patch in spring in the shade, behind a wall or under mid high thick vegetation. Got mush during all summer. Insert new chips, sawdust, leaves, dry grass, anykind of cellulose every year and mix, you'll get mushs for ever. Once a patch is installed you can create new ones with it.
Don't eat to much of that mush. U Can have some digest problems.
Got more mush making a 2" deep trench before installing the sub..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds