Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot?
    #5124872 - 12/31/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hey gang, i was wondering if anyone out there has been experiencing any adverse health effects from smoking pot.  Im more interested in the long-term adverse effects but any responce is appreciated. Also, state some specifics to your pot habbits such as how frequently you smoke it etc. Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5125121 - 12/31/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well when I was young me and a few friends would buy maybe an ounce or so, and be able to smoke the whole thing in one sitting...and just laugh. That kinda dwindled down. Then the panic attacks came on. Whenever Ide get real high my heart would beat really fast, and Ide get a cold sweat. Ide start freaking out and have passed out a few times because of the panic. I used to get very scared of this...thinking shock was very possible.

This has been going on for years now, and Im completely fine. Ive come to the conclusion I bring it on myself. In all honesty...it doesnt really matter how high I get...even to the point of passing out (which terrifies me). In the end everything is going to be back to normal. So I try not to freak out and fight it...its not gonna help at all. Just ride it out. At least try and be happy and make the best with it.

Actually these days I dont really get that high anymore. I smoke a puff or two before bed where I can lay and watch TV, and just feel really comfortable. Maybe a puff or two in the day...if I feel like it. Sometimes when I play music. It seems I used to force it on myself. Almost forcing myself to try and like it. Now Im to the point where if I dont want to smoke more than a hit or two...or even smoke at all, I just wont.

I dont like being incredibly stoned anyway...too uncomfortable.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5125274 - 12/31/05 05:40 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Cannabis gave me several 100 near heart attacks (angina pectoris) during the first half-hours of toking up. Resting heartrate 90, stoned 120.
But hey, it's harmless right?
So I smoked on.

Then on December 27 2002 cannabis gave me a heart attack. ICU, brink of death, a handful of pharms every day for the rest of my life..

It turned out I have this rare genetic heart condition which makes cannabis for me more ischemic than for others, meaning it increases cardiac oxygen demand more than a jog does.

If your heart starts to asphyxiate you get the chest pains of Angina Pectoris, if it does so to the point of heart muscle dying off you've got a heart attack.

So the harmless little weed gave me a fullblown heart attack and several hundred near misses.
There's no such thing as a harmless drug.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Asante]
    #5125285 - 12/31/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Karma?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125298 - 12/31/05 06:10 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

My dad quit smoking pot because of the accelerated heart rate.

I tend to have sinus congestion and pot aggravates that for me.

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Swami]
    #5125303 - 12/31/05 06:15 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Karma?

Bad taste?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#5125320 - 12/31/05 06:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You only believe in karma for others but not for you? Please explain the difference.

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125324 - 12/31/05 06:34 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think it is karma if one chooses to stick his hand on a hotplate and gets burned, do you?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Booby]
    #5125330 - 12/31/05 06:45 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

web page
Those who score highest on the anger scale had almost a doubled risk of heart attacks compared to those with the lowest anger scores.

web page
A Johns Hopkins Medical School study, 48 years in the making, confirms that young men who reacted to stress with anger were three times more likely to suffer from CHD before the age of 55 than their peers who said they let stressful situations roll off their backs.

web page
"If you?re mad at the world and you have a family history of heart disease, you?re loading the bullets in the gun and pulling the trigger at an early age without realizing it," says Kiffer. "People with a strong family history need to recognize that anger can be a strong risk factor. In fact, some research has shown that anger can be just as much of a risk factor for heart disease as smoking, obesity and lack of exercise."

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125335 - 12/31/05 06:52 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

That's odd; I don't recall a single instance of my father losing his cool.

Has anyone here witnessed Wiccan_Seeker losing his cool?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Booby]
    #5125338 - 12/31/05 06:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Surely you are joking.

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5125343 - 12/31/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

There was an instance of chilli-pepper hemorrhoid cream...

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5125418 - 12/31/05 07:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Honestly, no.

If I would have never started smoking pot, I would have undoubtedly been put on anti-nausea medications and a very strict dietary regiment with more and more pills to make me able to eat normally. The way I was depressed before smoking herb would have landed me several antidepressants as well...that is the route my parents would have forced me to take, and they were very close to doing it. They were amazed at how I became *more* active, *more* social, and more outgoing in general. They were shocked years later when they learned about my marijuana and psychedelic usage that had occured right in their own house. They respect my knowledge now and trust me to be me.

There is no way to determine what could have happened...but I'm satisfied where I'm at in life now and with my habits and health. I have no prexisiting conditions that marijuana will interfere with and I am not overweight. I smoke only organic, flushed marijuana and do not smoke ridiculous amounts to get high...a quarter or half bowl of what I smoke gets me stoned, more creative, and able to eat for hours. I am not an 'addict'...I have quit smoking for many several month breaks, weeks, and days with no significant adverse effects. I do not waste money on pot and I maintain exemplary grades at a great university and work year around. I exercise every other day. Yes...harmless...when used intelligently.

--------------------

Edited by Organic (12/31/05 08:25 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5125483 - 12/31/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, what is wrong with you?

Because if you're in a thread thats about adverse marijuana effects, someone mentions serious heart complaints and you react with suggesting it is karma and point to links about excessive anger causing heart complaints then something surely is wrong.

One of the first things that comes to mind is derailing a thread. Swami, I hereby urgently request that you do not derail this thread any further.

And while you're at it stop trying to diagnose me - get a diagnosis of your own instead.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5125485 - 12/31/05 08:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Swami, could you share a response to the actual topic? I'd be interested to read it...

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Organic]
    #5125699 - 12/31/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i'd like to hear more about swami's opinion on karma. what was swami in a former life to afford him his current destructive personality, for example? a boil on the anus of a serial killer, perhaps? this thread derailing deserves a comment at least, as apologies are not in swami's arsenal.

weed causes lots of people harm, but imo the benefits outweigh the risks, of society as a whole.

--------------------
buh

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: shirley knott]
    #5125703 - 12/31/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shirley knott said:
i'd like to hear more about swami's opinion on karma. what was swami in a former life to afford him his current destructive personality, for example? a boil on the anus of a serial killer, perhaps?

:lol:

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5125724 - 12/31/05 11:10 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

But Wiccan_Seeker, wouldnt you say that those problems would only have existed because of your heart condition. Well my resting heart rate is about 50-60 bpm. Latly i have been toking wile walking around (or stumbling around) outside in a nature-like setting. Sometimes at a faster pace than a mear stroll. So when i toke my heart rate goes up to about 110. But then when i go inside after i finish toking and listen to music, my heart rate goes down to like 80-90ish, probably a bit less. If i were just to sit down in a nice environment and toke my heart rate will probably go up to 80. Where as your stoned heart rate is 110. So i gather that the weed did trigger the heart attacks, but only because of your underlying heart condition.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5125761 - 12/31/05 11:28 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
Honestly, no.

If I would have never started smoking pot, I would have undoubtedly been put on anti-nausea medications and a very strict dietary regiment with more and more pills to make me able to eat normally. The way I was depressed before smoking herb would have landed me several antidepressants as well...that is the route my parents would have forced me to take, and they were very close to doing it. They were amazed at how I became *more* active, *more* social, and more outgoing in general. They were shocked years later when they learned about my marijuana and psychedelic usage that had occured right in their own house. They respect my knowledge now and trust me to be me.

There is no way to determine what could have happened...but I'm satisfied where I'm at in life now and with my habits and health. I have no prexisiting conditions that marijuana will interfere with and I am not overweight. I smoke only organic, flushed marijuana and do not smoke ridiculous amounts to get high...a quarter or half bowl of what I smoke gets me stoned, more creative, and able to eat for hours. I am not an 'addict'...I have quit smoking for many several month breaks, weeks, and days with no significant adverse effects. I do not waste money on pot and I maintain exemplary grades at a great university and work year around. I exercise every other day. Yes...harmless...when used intelligently.

:thumbup: Very intelligent way of using mother natures finest herb.  I am somewhat similar in weed habits as you are. I smoke about half a bowl every other weekend or so.  And i have taken breaks for a few months for sports and what not. Latly i havn't been working out, but i will start up again very soon.  Likewise, I am not overweight.  Also, my family has a history of strong hearts and good lungs also.  I think, for any drug, moderation is the key. 
Im about to go to a government mule concert in NY for NYE, im going to smoke a gram (very large portion for me) and then stop until i see phil lesh & friends in febuary.  Then maybe stop again until i see the allman brothers in late march.  yeah...sounds like a solid plan heh. Im babbling, thanks for all the output guys and Wiccan_Seeker; good luck with your condition, im sure thing will turn out for the best. peace :mushroom2:

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
    #5125906 - 12/31/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I have had breathing problems from smoking about an eigth of really good weed every day.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
Loc: Colorado
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: sunshine]
    #5126014 - 12/31/05 01:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ive been smokin since i was 13(im 18)...no problems here...im in top physical condition...restin heart rate btween 45-55 and stoned heart rate under 70..weight 145 height 6 ft.....i smoke at least an 8th everyday usually a qtr of some kryp(very littlemoney is not used to obtain pot in my current situation) , and have been doin this for about 3 yrz...and have stoppped smokin for 4 months last year to win a bet that i could.but now im on that kryptonite...i b on it all day.... gpa is above a 4.0 goin to college and shyt.
i dont see any negative effects and since i started smokn daily....no signs of my asthma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
however ciggs dooo fuk u up...badly...after a summer of smokin 2 packs a week and goin bak to my soccer team....i had to quit smokn those bitches

so iono if its cus i stay healthy, get my exercise, and am just physically active that pot seems to have to adverse effects(except wen the dentist found a lil tiny bud between my teeth<---how i got caught smokn pot)

***my weed high has never been the same since my first INTENSE trip on acid***

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126054 - 12/31/05 01:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

So i gather that the weed did trigger the heart attacks, but only because of your underlying heart condition.

Weed brought it out, but nothing brought it out like weed consistently did. If I did not have the genetic cardiovascular disorder the weed would not have triggered a heart attack. But the bottom line is we all have weaknesses we are unaware of, which may be aggrevated by certain drugs. Weed brought out the heart problems, while a shot of heroin would not have.

That your heartbeat quickens, bloodpressure drops and your heart needs more oxygen is caused by THC and this particular combination in the way THC causes it, led to detrimental side effects in the guise of heart muscle asphyxiation and finally a heart attack.

If only perfectly healthy people could participate there wouldnt be significant side effects to speak of. But we are all very individual and that doesnt always agree with some drugs.

Quote:

***my weed high has never been the same since my first INTENSE trip on acid***

You're right, you see that alot and I had it too. Once you have tripped intensely only once your weed will never be the same again, and not always for the good.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Edited by Asante (12/31/05 01:16 PM)

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126094 - 12/31/05 01:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

bloodpressure dropping and a quicker heartbeat has absofuknlutley nuthing to do with THC, this happens wen your body is processing any chemincal through your body....i mean its bad and everything u had a heart attack...but dont start pulling this un researched information to put donw mary jane....so what she almost killed you...we forgive and forget thats wut lifes about...blame your condition not the drug because its cuz your not the only person like this in the world....its the same as if u have lung cancer...your not gonna be smokn cigs....and if u were gettin panik attacks and such a rapid heart rate(sounds like coke) why the fuck would u keep on smokin...you said nothing brought it out like weed ***consistantly** did?????????? your a fukn paradox in itself...

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5126120 - 12/31/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

hey weeded420, i was just wondering what your exercise habits are, how often and what etc. Also, has anyone consitered or tried using a vaporizer. Ive been looking into the volcano and all my sources tell me its greaet. Other than the costly investment one must make in order to get a good vaporizer, does anyone think its worth it. Ive heard it gets you way more high than smoking the same amount of bud.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Weeded420]
    #5126125 - 12/31/05 01:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126164 - 12/31/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

WEEDED420 said:
restin heart rate btween 45-55 and stoned heart rate under 70
(...)
quicker heartbeat has absofuknlutley nuthing to do with THC
(...)
your a fukn paradox in itself

How can I argue with:

Quote:

un researched information to put donw mary jane....so what she almost killed you...we forgive and forget thats wut lifes about..

:smile: Happy new year!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126174 - 12/31/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ummm my parents got one of those bloodpressure arm thingies....if u want i can stik my arm in it and take a picture

o n exercise habits... run a mile+ a day and play sports....im captain of my skool soccer team n gotta run practice after skool from 3-6(its vacation now so we practie in the mornins....n no its not too cold here cuz it dont go lower than 60 in the daytime here in "winter" in florida) cuz my asshole coach is a cop and is on duty most of the time or jus feels like only comn on tues n thurs for games jus to say that hese a coach...oh but all u need to stay healthy is do cardio and jus pushin your self....i started my freshman year in high skool with track i was runnin a mile in jus under 7 mins...now my fastest mile was 4:57 but average around 5 30 wen im jus runnin...

i havnt tripped on shrooms in a couple weeks not but last time i did me n my grl ended up running like 5 miles down the road...we just got this burst of laughter n then that bitch jus took off n i chased her jus laughing away not feeling a bit of fatigue...that wasnt the first time i ran on shrooms but it was the first time i did a significant amount of runnin....there was this one part where we thot we on hole 9 of the golf course i live on which is really hilly...it ended up being the wrong whole and completley flat...i def recomend jogging/running/sprinting in that order slowly accelerating to a comfortable pace then shooting off while tripping...ull thank me after.

Edited by Weeded420 (12/31/05 02:02 PM)

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
    #5126196 - 12/31/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Wiccan seeker, I'm sure any inhaled plant matter would have the same effect on your heart.. If you held in cigarettes for as long as you smoked weed and did it, it would be the same, right? Or with green tea, or any plant matter. Its not the THC in the weed doing that to your heart is it? And if you say it is, there's no way to prove that its the cannabinoids and not inhaling plant matter and holding it in your lungs..

Edited by dubbyah (12/31/05 02:02 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: dubbyah]
    #5126202 - 12/31/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's the THC. Lowering of blood pressure and blood sugar, rapid heartbeat, dry mouth.. all of them are side effects of THC, even if you take it orally.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126208 - 12/31/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

so ur saying your allergic to THC pretty much thats a different case all to gether....

there are hundreds of effects ...i wouldnt call em side effects
but theres munchies...dry mouth....to get to the point...weed can cause a decrease in BLOOD SUGAR due to the effect it has on the metablism...speeds up for some slows down for some....does nothing to some, it MAY cause an untable heart rate in SOME PEOPLE while under the influence... usually from ANXIETY

Edited by Weeded420 (12/31/05 02:09 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126210 - 12/31/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If your resting heartrate is 45-55 and it goes to 70 thats about one and a half times as high. Surely that's a substantial increase, even if it is naturally low by your good health.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#5126212 - 12/31/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

so ur saying your allergic to THC pretty much thats a different case all to gether

Side effects in someone who's extra susceptible to detrimental effects.
Hey GTG!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5126285 - 12/31/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

it is a substantial increase but way less that if i went for a jog....or even got up to cook some food or even eating

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5126324 - 12/31/05 02:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think its safe to say that moderation is the key for any drug. Il toke wile relaxing instead of wile running around like a loonatic outside and post my results, more so for my own benefit.
peace

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5126362 - 12/31/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Isnt low blood pressure a good thing? I always hear of people who have heart problems and high blood pressure. So wouldnt low blood pressure be a good thing. Also, doesnt the low blood pressure and increased heart rate and heart's oxygen needs increase only for the duration of the high? (and maybe a little longer until the high is completly gone)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#5126493 - 12/31/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

The discussion was about a heart attack. I posited another possible trigger backed by medical science research. How is this off-topic?

--------------------

Offlinepoopooman
Stranger

#5126523 - 12/31/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

lots of the time when i smoke lots i get paraniod and freak out and get increased heart rate, but it never happens to my friends.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5126816 - 12/31/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I wasn't trying to be an ass... I was referring to the thread starter's topic, I'm genuinely interested to hear your response.

original topic:
Quote:

i was wondering if anyone out there has been experiencing any adverse health effects from smoking pot. Im more interested in the long-term adverse effects but any responce is appreciated. Also, state some specifics to your pot habbits such as how frequently you smoke it etc.

--------------------

OfflineWeeded420
All Grown Up
 User Gallery
    #5127922 - 01/01/06 12:19 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

every day..perfectly healthy :-D

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
    #5128144 - 01/01/06 03:07 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Well i don't really have any negative health problems aside from their occasional sober hallucination usually just a minor wavy movement or a irregularity in lots of lines when they are close together.
I do tend to slur more words in the start of a sentence. but lately all i have been doing is smoking weed all day which has been steady at 2 to 4 times a Day for the past few months. but its not affecting my academic or mental thought processes Cu's i still have a 3.7 GPA and yeah thats not a prob for me do tend to get a bit moody when i don't have pot but its barely noticeable.
Some strains of super dank sativa can make me black out if i take too big a hit and hold it for too long but if its gonna happen when I'm hitting i know the symptoms and have about 10 to 20 seconds to get things put so i wont drop them or knock them over when i black out and then regain consciousness in s blur of momentary panic from not knowing what happened.
but aside from that i don't notice any loss of function in my lungs or breathing during exercise.
It does tend to make my eyes feel better and things seem to have a nice crisp look to them. wow that was a rambling post but I don't care Cu's I'm higggggh and it feels soooooo gooooood!!!!!

--------------------

OI OI OI

InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

#5128149 - 01/01/06 03:13 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Belive it or not, Some people are actualy allergic to marijuana.  yet this does not stop me from rips.

::bong rip::
::puke::
::another bong rip::

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: TheDemon]
    #5128168 - 01/01/06 03:46 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

me and a friend bought half an ounce of mouldy weed once. didn't really know until we started gettign into the rotten shit. didn't care, smoked it anyway. all i can say is after about a week i got really depressed and hated everything and everyone unconditionally.
not cool

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #5128213 - 01/01/06 06:21 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
The discussion was about a heart attack. I posited another possible trigger backed by medical science research. How is this off-topic?

Maybe Organic was referring to the way you derailed this thread with your veiled attacks against Wiccan Seeker? You're not fooling anyone with your bullshit either.

--------------------

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5128793 - 01/01/06 03:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

good point

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Revelation]
    #5129012 - 01/01/06 04:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Marijuana causes a f'd up incurable form of panic disorder, and depersonalisation disorder. That's why people who have suffered panic responses induced by it can never seem to turn back the clock even with long breaks.

The initial panic response is compounded by orthostatic/postural hypotension and compels the sufferer to lay down due to dizziness and cardiac neurosis, the resulting predicament forces upon the sufferer a double-edged sword, (1) to continue to worry about his/her heart or (2) to separate mind from body and depersonalise.

It's not good for the heart and the panic disorder doubles to triples the risk of heart disease..

It's worse for the lungs than tobacco by miles.

This is the normal course of events:
Happy times/weed is my best friend-----minimal laughter and euphoria---panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia

Repeated over and over and over, everywhere you go. Many of the people who report only positive experiences just haven't smoked for long enough or they are in denial, or they still have HIGH hopes for a return to the glory days which will never happen...

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: confuzed]
    #5129022 - 01/01/06 04:56 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've had one of those panic trips with weed... But I wouldn't say it's left any permanent effects, I just respect weed a lot more now...

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5129043 - 01/01/06 05:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

But that's what they/we all say after the first occurance, and it always follows the same trend until ultimately it happens every session.

Offlinepschumach
Stranger
    #5129642 - 01/01/06 09:52 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"But that's what they/we all say after the first occurance, and it always follows the same trend until ultimately it happens every session. "

uhh... bullshit.

set and setting, as with all drugs.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: pschumach]
    #5129821 - 01/01/06 11:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i too have had the heart-panic episode where i must sit down due to dizzyness. but i realized that i was so high i must be out of my mind and i kinda forgot about it. I do respect weed alot more now. And i disagree with your statement: weed is worse for the lungs than tobacco by miles. Tobacco is terrable, mostly because of the fertalizers they mass-produce it with. Manufacturers don't care whats the safest fertalizer, whichever one gives the highest yield. Even if u chew tobacco you'll get cancer, let alone smoking it. weed however doesnt have any fertalizers, hydroponic weed is not fertalized by the way. Also the fibers in weed smoke cause your bronchi to expand as opposed to tobacco which causes them to constrict. And there's less tar in weed. All the studies for the tar ratio's in mary vs tobacco were taken from the leaves of both when you don't smoke pot leaves; you smoke the bud of the plant. Which is more around the lines of a 1:3 ratio of tar in mary to tobacco. lol plus snoop seriously does smoke about an Oz of weed everyday. Which is basically like smoking 2-3 packs of cigaretts a day except the cigaretts are filled with weed. And hes not dead yet. As for the heart disease possibilty increase; thats the first ive ever heard of that hypothesis. I had a pannic attack, sort of, about the heart thing, but i got over it like 10 minutes later.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Let the men of wisdom speak: [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5130438 - 01/02/06 04:28 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Indica makes you all retarded if you smoke too much. Sativa makes your heart race if you smoke too much

--------------------
Let it not be remembered

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5130608 - 01/02/06 08:35 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Thats odd then...I've smoked for almost 10 years and know numerous people that have smoked 30+years and never entered the 'panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia' stages...I guess we're all in denial though since you know us better than we know ourselves. Or maybe we have to smoke 60 years for this to happen, you know, like it takes 7 hits of acid to make you insane. Thanks for keeping us schizophrenic marijuana addicts in line.

--------------------

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5130747 - 01/02/06 10:01 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
As for the heart disease possibilty increase; thats the first ive ever heard of that hypothesis.

Panic disorder increases the risk of heart disease, marijuana itself doesn't but if it developes in to any other disorder then it will, and it'll be made worse by antidepressants or neuroleptics/antipsychotics because of the metabolic effects of most of them.

Quote:

ph30n1x said:Also the fibers in weed smoke cause your bronchi to expand as opposed to tobacco which causes them to constrict.

I've read that too, but it doesn't improve asthma, the brief negligable bronchodilation is useless because the increased surface area is just bombarded with yet more tar, and that's why there's a steady decline. Neither of them are good for the lungs, however unfiltered smoke contains several times the amount of tar that tobacco does but less is smoked as you say.

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
lol plus snoop seriously does smoke about an Oz of weed everyday. Which is basically like smoking 2-3 packs of cigaretts a day except the cigaretts are filled with weed. And hes not dead yet.

lol, Snoop's superhuman though. Nah, he's just one of the lucky ones, which may be the majority.

I'm not saying that it has these effects on everyone, but it can and you just need to be on the look out and be honest with yourself

Quote:

Organic said:
Thats odd then...I've smoked for almost 10 years and know numerous people that have smoked 30+years and never entered the 'panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia' stages...I guess we're all in denial though since you know us better than we know ourselves.

I know your lungs are f'd, and next you'll claim you have two Olympic marathon gold medals under your belt. I remember seeing a marijuana advocate on TV, who'd been smoking for 40 odd years, he also claimed to be fine, however he looked and sounded totally wasted.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5130804 - 01/02/06 10:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Funny, my doctor doesn't think my lungs are fucked, nor my cardiovascular system. He recommended I start smoking cigarettes so I'll have to come back and see him :smile: I've had checkups every year.

Also, no one could guess the people I know that have smoked 30+ years... Their voices are not raspy, their skin is normal, they have regular checkups and are in great condition as far as breathing and their heart, and in fact everyone they meet tells them they look as young as when they saw them 30+years ago.

I guess you're right though, and these trained physicians and people that have known them for their entire lives are incorrect...talking in an authoritative manner like you actually know everyone's individual situation must make you correct (not really, but it strokes the ego well doesn't it?).

--------------------

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5130812 - 01/02/06 10:41 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:

Funny, my doctor doesn't think my lungs are fucked, nor my cardiovascular system. He recommended I start smoking cigarettes so I'll have to come back and see him :smile: I've had checkups every year.

Also, no one could guess the people I know that have smoked 30+ years... Their voices are not raspy, their skin is normal, they have regular checkups and are in great condition as far as breathing and their heart, and in fact everyone they meet tells them they look as young as when they saw them 30+years ago.

I guess you're right though, and these trained physicians and people that have known them for their entire lives are incorrect...talking in an authoritative manner like you actually know everyone's individual situation must make you correct (not really, but it strokes the ego well doesn't it?).

lol thats pretty cool, your doctor sounds hip to me. My friends first cousins have been smoking since they were 11 and they are now in their mid 30s and are very healthy.

Id say if your smart about mary j and are eager to stay healthy in most aspects of your life then you should be just fine.  Plus theres always vaporizers if your perticular situation calls for it.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5130830 - 01/02/06 10:50 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, he is. Everyone should find a doctor they are comfortable being honest with regarding their drug use (past and present). It will benefit you in the long-term. My doctor knows all about my drug usage and thus keeps an eye out for any specific problems. With my diet, work habits, health history, exercise routine, and consumption rate, he told me the biggest risk I faced was marijuana being illegal. You make a great point about the vaporizer...I'm getting one soon :smile:

IMO, marijuana simply isn't for some people, like those predisposed to schizophrenia and have experienced a complete loss of reality on MJ...or those with pre-existing physical conditions. It is possible for a segment of the population to use MJ responsibly and not develop any long term health issues, and in fact *gasp* benefit from it.

--------------------

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5130837 - 01/02/06 10:53 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

does anyone else get light-headed alot when they toke? like either when they stand up quick or when they hold a puff for too long.

OfflineErickson
Resident
    #5130951 - 01/02/06 11:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I would get light headed more often back when i smoked pot (wether on it at the time or not) than since i quit, I can only remember getting light headed once since i quit.. Well except every single time I try salvia. I found pot made me unmotivated but it might have also been the crowd I was runnin with..

--------------------
Fortune Favors The Bold.

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5130976 - 01/02/06 12:05 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Funny, my doctor doesn't think my lungs are fucked.

He probably doesn't want to alarm you with the truth. What tests were done to support those claims? NONE! It's a fabrication (or your delusional) - you can't smoke for 10 years and have healthy airways.

Quote:

Well first of all, I don't think any trained physician ever told you that you had healthy lungs. Secondly, we all talk in a way which comes most naturally to us, and I'm sorry that your so easily irritated and have problems with the way you perceive others, and interpret events... :laugh:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5131000 - 01/02/06 12:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Present something more than "OMG you and your doctor are lying" and amateur internet psychology and I'll debate with you.

--------------------

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5131009 - 01/02/06 12:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Get it right, your the liar. :wink:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5131013 - 01/02/06 12:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

*you're

Way to reply to yourself and null your overwhelming "I know you are but what am I" argument. :lol:

--------------------

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
    #5131022 - 01/02/06 12:28 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

To Confused.

You do not know pot 'causes' schizofrenia if you 'abuse' marijuana, and your hypothesis on how pot grows bad for post people and causes panic attacks is completely illogical - If you are basing this on people you've me, its flawed in the fact that you have only met .0001 percent of pot smokers- if based on research (scientific studies eh?) done, show me, and then show me its sample size.. and then respond to the phrase corrolation is not causation, and try to objectively prove pot is the link to that, if its not just a case of predisposition - Again, completely off base... Do you know how many active, GENIUS's in the work of science, psychology, theology, and other highly active scholarly fields smoke pot and have smoked pot for immense amounts of time? Have you ever been to amsterdam or BC, or actually met an intelligent active long time user of pot? Theres tons of them.. Pot affects people in different ways... In some people, yes, pot gives them panic attacks and causes them to be dull-witted; however, in others, it gives them added energy, added focus, contentness, EUPHORIA, and absolutely zero negative side effects besides the method of ingestion, which is obviously detrimental to your lungs;
Besides, the people who it gives negative side effects and meshes sourly with their brain chemistry will usually smoke it 2-3 times before they stop.. Why would they smoke it more if they dont like what it does? I'm guessing you are one of the people who doesnt like what it does, or one of the people who it doesnt give energy, alertness, and motivation to- There are more unlazy, unmotivated, losers who DON'T smoke pot , then DO smoke pot.. Its only logical that some of those people would smoke pot anyways- To some users it makes them lazy and unmotivated, and will only enhance that lifestyle - But people could substitute video games, or other sedentary lifestyles in the same manner marjiuana is, although not as directly as if THC gives them the lazy/euphoric feeling - but that would be indica, not sativa ...

If an AMBITIOUS, MOTIVATED individual smokes pot, it will do absolutely nothing to alter those descriptive adjectives, and underlying personality/character traits into something more undesireable..

again, it's very illogical, and I could go on and on and im sure many people would about how ignorant that is, and how you have no evidence backing you up, its just a blind statement..

Does pot gives you positive side effects that benefit your motivated lifestyle and increase your energy? No? Well it does for some. Did you react negatively to pot, or use it chronically in such a way that it contributed to an unproductive lifestyle? Probably.

What possible evidence, or reason do you have to say what you say? Tell me, so I can tell you how wrong you are. Panic attacks happen eventually to all chronic users, followd by schizofrenia?  :rolleyes:

And I could go into, scientifically, why you're wrong about what pot does to the brain, but i'm sure you wouldnt understand half of it, based on your assumptions about tetrahydrocannabinol.

Edited by dubbyah (01/02/06 12:34 PM)

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: dubbyah]
    #5131272 - 01/02/06 01:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"dubbyah"

In fact, 1 in 3 suffer panic attacks attributable to marijuana, it's extremely common and it's not outside the realms of possibility that those who haven't yet, at some point will.

As far as the depersonalisation goes, it tends to effect people who are already day-dreamers and engage in magical thinking, they're already accustomed to emotional and psychological escapism (perhaps because of traumatic experiences) so when confronted with the situation of marijuana-induced panic they do what comes most naturally - and that's to depersonalise. It's self-perpetuating too, and the more one enters this separated state, the more engrained it becomes.

Marijuana also alters response to stress in a highly unpredictable way, by interfering with the natural endogenous cannabinoid system which is responsible for stress response, and inhibition of the HPA-axis, whereas exogenous cannabinoids activate it almost immediately. (surprise surprise)

What's so positive about your beloved drug which increaases the release of stress hormones (reduces your immune responses) Champion?

Quote:

But people could substitute video games, or other sedentary lifestyles in the same manner marjiuana is, although not as directly as if THC gives them the lazy/euphoric feeling -  but that would be indica, not sativa ...

Interesting, because most of the studies focus on THC. First of all, hardly anyone uses %100 Sativa such as DP or isomerise they're gear, and secondly, it's the THC which causes the majority of the cardiac effects potentiating the common, severe anxiety and panic attack.

Do you know how many active, GENIUS's in the work of science, psychology, theology, and other highly active scholarly fields smoke pot and have smoked pot for immense amounts of time?

Nope, I don't. List them. Do they work for cannabis.com by any chance? :P

I always have evidence backing me up...how about you? :wink:

Quote:

What possible evidence, or reason do you have to say what you say? Tell me, so I can tell you how wrong you are. Panic attacks happen eventually to all chronic users, followd by schizofrenia?

No! Panic attacks are common, but they don't necessarily develop in to schizophrenia or even panic disorder. Sometimes, especially if it's early on in nieve users, panic-like effects are felt because it's good weed or too much has been smoked, but later when the euphoric effects wear off (less laughter is a sure sign) AND panic and depersonalisation is experienced enough, then a disorder can develop.

Quote:

And I could go into, scientifically, why you're wrong about what pot does to the brain, but i'm sure you wouldnt understand half of it, based on your assumptions about tetrahydrocannabinol.

your probably right, try anyway though. I'm always willing to learn.

Edited by confuzed (01/02/06 02:21 PM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #5133811 - 01/03/06 12:33 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I've been smoking 1-3g a day for a year and a half, 1/4g a day for a couple years before that. The only substantial negative health effect is coughing up phlegm with little (or occasionally large) chunks of tar in them (I don't smoke cigs, so that can't be the culprit). I have a vaporizer, and that pretty much solves the issue. The vapor clears out your lungs (via THC-induced bronchodilation, I assume), and doesn't build up nasty black deposits... unfortunately, it's not as viscerally satisfying as ripping a fat bowl to the dome, so I don't use it as much as I should and still cough up nasty black shit. If it bothered me that much, I'd vape more.

Also, I don't know if it'd be considered a health effect or not, but my mind is generally fuzzier when I haven't smoked. Caffeine counteracts this by making it seem like my mind is clearer and more agile (like it is when I'm high), but I learned long ago that this effect of caffeine is largely an illusion... my mind is indeed working faster, but there's correspondingly more errors in logic. Nothing can hold a candle to mary jane for going on a mad researching binge.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #5133848 - 01/03/06 12:51 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

confuzed said:

Do you know how many active, GENIUS's in the work of science, psychology, theology, and other highly active scholarly fields smoke pot and have smoked pot for immense amounts of time?

Nope, I don't. List them. Do they work for cannabis.com by any chance? :P

Methinks confuzed is confused...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#5134018 - 01/03/06 02:47 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Maybe Organic was referring to the way you derailed this thread with your veiled attacks against Wiccan Seeker? You're not fooling anyone with your bullshit either.

Veiled attacks? Bullshit? That anger may give you a coronary. See the earlier references.

Wiccan_Seeker:

You believe that Karma will get you when it's time. I subscribe to that...

Personally I believe in a kind of karma...

He believes in karma, so when I ask if his condition is a result of karma (a priniciple he believes in), how is that an attack?

Legitimate studies that show anger has a significant role in heart attacks. The link to marijuana smoking is only tenuous at this stage of research so may be due to other factors. It is certainly worth considering.

--------------------

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5134095 - 01/03/06 04:54 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

in my experience, smoking too much grass for too long makes me feel paranoid (not just when i'm stoned, in general). it also lessens my motivation to do, well, anything. that's just my experience, it could just be bullshit that i'm imagining.

i don't know the proper arguments from either side of this debate, and to be honest i don't give a crap, i just feel that smoking every day is definately unhealthy for me. plus, smoking less often gives me so much more enjoyment than when i used to smoke every day.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5134203 - 01/03/06 07:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

So I guess you're not going to contribute anything to the actual thread starter's topic, not enough drama there? Perhaps I should berate your posting style to make you feel more at home in this forum and invoke a response :wink: Not really, I love you Swamster :smirk:

--------------------

Edited by Organic (01/03/06 07:52 AM)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #5135089 - 01/03/06 02:02 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
At age 28, I nearly died from acute hashish intoxication. No, not a psychedelic ego-death experience or just thinking I was dying, but had a real hypertensive crisis off of eating 1 gram of black Nepalese hash and one hit of weak acid. I was going to post this, but expected that everyone would parrot that cannabis cannot kill you. I beg to differ unless the hash that I took was tainted.

An athlete going at maximum output might get a heart rate of 180-190 bpm at peak. I had a sustained resting heart rate of 240 bpm! The doctor said I was lucky to have survived and if I was not young and in top condition that my heart would have literally exploded! It was the worst nightmare imaginable.

I could not even smoke a joint for 15 years due to acute anxiety and paranoia. That might give a little insight into my fear. Guess I have been heading back down this road due to many devastating personal crisis. Somewhere along the way I lost my spirit and joy for life. Trying to get back on track and to learn to accept death and loss and find some purpose.

I guess my disappointments in trying to find something "real" is reflected in my sometimes harsh approach to fellow posters. Maybe just acknowleging my own fear and anger is a step into the light...

-Swami, Fri Mar 22 2002

--------------------

OfflineLightItUp
Stranger
Male
    #5135145 - 01/03/06 02:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

When i used to smoke marijuana i had one major chest pain..and i was walkin down the street with my homie and i just had to sit down on the curb. And i was gaspin for breath and freaking out. He freaked out to because he got me high he thought he was gonna get in trouble. lol. he ran. but i just took a break and after 15 minutes i was fine..except for fucking cotton mouth..but ive smoked weed probably about 20 times and only one of those times i had heart problems..5% not too bad :smile:

But it gave me short term mem. after 20 times..i guess i burn out faster than most people. most people it takes years

OfflineeNmity
Americas MostBlunted

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: LightItUp]
    #5135507 - 01/03/06 04:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i smoke alot . only thing is that im tired .. or sometimes a headache .. other than that its like normal air :bongload:

--------------------
" we pushin heavyweight still weighin a buk-n-change "

OfflineJfisher
fungusaficionado
 User Gallery

Loc: Sealand
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: eNmity]
    #5135663 - 01/03/06 04:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I smoke 4 to 5 times a week on average. I've been smoking for about 2 years.

THC does increase heart rate, about the same amount exercise does. If you have a medical condition where going on a run would put you at risk of injuring yourself, then don't smoke.

Also, I've witnessed the effects of marijuana on someone who may have an underlying schizophrenic tendency. I am near certain he had nothing else that night. You can see that report here.

--------------------
Any information written above is purely fictional.
Any images do not belong to the owner of this account.

Invisiblesever
Where am I?
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? *DELETED* [Re: Jfisher]
    #5135975 - 01/03/06 06:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

~

Edited by sever (07/17/06 03:20 PM)

OfflineDeviate
    #5136215 - 01/03/06 07:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

confuzed speaks the truth. this post perfectly describes the evolution of my relationship with marijuana:

Quote:

confuzed said:
Marijuana causes a f'd up incurable form of panic disorder, and depersonalisation disorder. That's why people who have suffered panic responses induced by it can never seem to turn back the clock even with long breaks.

The initial panic response is compounded by orthostatic/postural hypotension and compels the sufferer to lay down due to dizziness and cardiac neurosis, the resulting predicament forces upon the sufferer a double-edged sword, (1) to continue to worry about his/her heart or (2) to separate mind from body and depersonalise.

It's not good for the heart and the panic disorder doubles to triples the risk of heart disease..

It's worse for the lungs than tobacco by miles.

This is the normal course of events:
Happy times/weed is my best friend-----minimal laughter and euphoria---panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia

Repeated over and over and over, everywhere you go. Many of the people who report only positive experiences just haven't smoked for long enough or they are in denial, or they still have HIGH hopes for a return to the glory days which will never happen...

furthermore, from what i've seen, this type of repsonse is not at all uncommon. i know many people in real life who were once heavy smokers and quit because their reaction to marijuana completely changed and they began to have panick attacks and anxiety. in addition, i've been a reader of forums such as this one, bluelight and yahooka for about 3 years and over that time i've seen literally countless posts being made about these exact phenomena. i've even seen several posts describing psychotic episodes induced by cannabis (i believe there was recently one in the physical and mental health forum here) check erowid and you'll find multiple reports of this sort of thing, even self-mutilation. whenever i'd reply with my experience to one of these posts in a place such as yahooka or bluelight i'd get multiple PM responses saying "the exact same happened to me". it's quite amazing how similar many of our experiences were. of course, i'm not claiming that everyone who smokes marijuana regularly develops these problems but it does seem to be extremely common and poses a great risk for marijuana users. the longer and heavier you smoke the more likely you are to develop a panick reaction. just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it won't happen to someday if you keep smoking and doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people.

Edited by Deviate (01/03/06 07:58 PM)

OfflineDeviate
    #5136331 - 01/03/06 07:48 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

WTF? Have you been reading the Coach Dan's Chalk Talk on Marijuana before sleep?
Dude, get wise and don't base your judging on rotten BS.

i could just as easily say WTF to you. what hes saying is dead on.

Have you been smoking Jane long enough yourself to make such a weird statement?

i cannot speak for him but i have and i can verify that what he says is true.

Accept SCIENTIFIC MEDICAL RESEARCH DATA only, and filter the BS fed to you by old farts who are still uncomfortable with the fact that Earth ain't flat and rotates around the Sun and not vice versa.
Just google "Medical Marijuana" or "Steve Kubby" or go find a local rasta and have a 10 minute talk with him or go to Amsterdam and have a look around before raving on stuff that you probly even have no 1st hand experience with.

why shouldn't personal experience be an acceptable way of learning about marijuana? also, there are scientific studies that link marijuana to anxiety, schizophrenia, panic attacks and despersonalization.

here's an example of a few studies:

http://www.hon.ch/News/HSN/510418.html

http://www.ukcia.org/news/shownewsarticle.php?articleid=10399

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...9&dopt=Citation

Have you ever thought that pot was smoked freely 99,99% of human history in almost every civilization around the world and the ban is less than 70 years at work?
Do you seriously believe there's less "panic disorder" in these 70 years than it were before, and mankind became healthier since then?

what? im sure people developed panick attakcs long ago as they do now. as far i know, the usage rate of marijuana in the USA is higher now than it was 70 years ago.

Sorry, mate, do you think at all before posting?

his posts appear more well thought out than yours.

Edited by Deviate (01/03/06 08:00 PM)

OfflineCorteX_
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Hague, The Netherlands
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Deviate]
    #5136448 - 01/03/06 08:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

not any.. just some short term memory fuckups

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: sever]
    #5136600 - 01/03/06 09:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sever said:
I had put quite a bit of thought into my post, and then the computer froze, and I lost everything.

LOL, this actually mad me laugh at my desk.  Not laughing at you man.  It's just that, that is such an easy scene to imagine: Guy works hard at a creating a profound resonce then... BOOM...all gone. *He stairs blankly at the screen and rewrites a scrappy and less organized version of his previous post with a blanc/stern/upset face* I did put too much effort into that explination.

I did like your post though, seriously.  So twas not a waste. :smirk:

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
    #5136705 - 01/03/06 09:38 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Once I smoked marijuana and thought I couldn't breath. It was very scary as my heart was racing and I just tried to breath normally. Another time I smoked weed and my heart was just racing like mad. Racing more on weed then methaphetamines... very strange indeed.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

OfflineDeviate
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Fluxburn]
    #5136832 - 01/03/06 10:21 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

i've clocked my resting heart rate at 180 bpm on marijuana and i wasn't panicking or feeling overly anxious at the time. that was shortly before i decided to never smoke marijuana again.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5137632 - 01/04/06 03:20 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it won't happen to someday if you keep smoking and doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people. [

I think every smoker will concede it happens to some smokers. Probably less than or equal to the same percent that would not enjoy mushrooms, but you don't see people saying something along the lines of I had a horrible PTSD inducing trip on mushrooms, now I fear I am losing my mind--so will all of you, it's inevitable.

Some like a scapegoat...who is to say anxiety would not have developed naturally, without marijuana or mushrooms in many of these cases, in these individuals PREDISPOSED to anxiety problems... It's so easy to look at past drug usage and blame it for something due to correlation, even easier to tell people how THEY will react to a drug by making assumptions about their habits and health. Neither is reliable.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #5137636 - 01/04/06 03:28 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

shneck said:
Deviate, mate, thanks for the links, appreciate.
BTW, have you read them yourself?
"Comorbid cannabis use and panic disorder: short term and long term follow-up study."
Here's the key phrase to help you:
"66 panic disorder (PD) patients were included in our study. All the subjects met the DSM-IV diagnosis of panic disorder (n=45) or panic disorder with agoraphobia (n=21)."
Do you have any links on MJ causing MS Windows BSD? It might start like this:
"66 PCs with frequent Windows blue screen of death problems were included in our study. In 24 of them BSD happened 1,5 times faster when marijuana smoke was blown onto them."

- Confused wrote:
"Marijuana causes a f'd up incurable form of panic disorder"
- Deviate wrote:
"his posts appear more well thought out than yours."

It appears to you so just because you don't even read the links that you provide yourself:
"RESULTS: The two groups responded equally well to paroxetine treatment as measured at the 8 weeks and 12 months follow-up visits. There were no significant effects of age, sex and duration of illness as covariates with response rates between the two groups. Also PD or PDA diagnosis did not affect the treatment response in either group. There were no significant differences in weight gain, sexual side effects or relapse rates between patients according to gender or comorbid diagnosis."
Also, it would be great for your own education if you read the whole article: http://eng.sheba.co.il/img/upload/6/600_225.pdf instead of 10-odd lines of summary at your link.

Read this for your MJ and schizophrenia link: http://tvnz.co.nz/view/news_health_story_skin/442927%3fformat=html
(source: Reuters)
Enlighten yourself on your brain damage link:
"Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...1&dopt=Abstract
"It makes marijuana look more like an antidepressant and less like a drug of abuse." Amelia Eisch, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas"

Like I said, folks, try unbiased scientific data, not a study of 66 people already having problems before the research started. Or at least, first read the whole study, especially in the summary section where the authors evaluate the credibility of their own research - they are wayyy much more cautious in statements than you, Deviate, and I find it really strange.

"why shouldn't personal experience be an acceptable way of learning about marijuana?"

Exactly. It's quite possible that I have smoked, eaten and drank more THC than you, the Confused mate and an army of the like added together, and it's quite probable that I lit my first joint when your parents were yet not allowed to play with matches, and it's definitely I live in a city where they smoke MJ at a rate comparable or surpassing that in Amsterdam.
I know what I'm talking about, and I read not only the briefs on Internet sites, but loads of boring tomes by world-renowned researchers like Pribram, Whitehead, Prigozhin, Jung, Iliade, etc. I know quite a few folks that walk away from them right after reading the 1st page because of the redundancy of words they can't comprehend and are too lazy to check the dictionary.

No offense, guys, I mean you no harm - just don't be so blunt in your statements, especially if they are obviously not well-thought.

Peace.

i knew i should've included a disclaimer when i posted those links. i don't have the time to go searching around for good studies supporting what i already know about marijuana. if those studies aren't conclusive its not my problem. i know that heavy marijuana can cause panic attacks and anxiety because it happened to me and many people i've spoken with.

Edited by Deviate (01/04/06 03:29 AM)

OfflineDeviate
    #5137650 - 01/04/06 03:47 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I think every smoker will concede it happens to some smokers. Probably less than or equal to the same percent that would not enjoy mushrooms, but you don't see people saying something along the lines of I had a horrible PTSD inducing trip on mushrooms, now I fear I am losing my mind--so will all of you, it's inevitable.

actually you do see people saying that. i can put you in touch with one such person if you need proof.

Some like a scapegoat...who is to say anxiety would not have developed naturally, without marijuana or mushrooms in many of these cases, in these individuals PREDISPOSED to anxiety problems... It's so easy to look at past drug usage and blame it for something due to correlation, even easier to tell people how THEY will react to a drug by making assumptions about their habits and health. Neither is reliable.

this is the classic argument people will use to defend drugs. whatever bad things happened to you as a result of taking this drug could have happened to you anyway. obviously this is hard to disprove without heaps of scientific data. however, in my case i know that my problems were directly related to marijuana, to suggest otherwise would be like telling an alcoholic whose liver failed after decades of drinking that his liver probably would have failed anyway. it would be like telling someone who was suffering headaches after a blow to the head that he probably would have developed headaches anyway. i never made any claims on what % of the people who use marijuana will experience the problems i experienced or to what degree they will experience them. however, i stand behind what i siad. the longer you smoke marijuana and the heavier you smoke the greater the risk you pose for yourself.

it can be compared to cigarettes and lung cancer. obviously not everyone who smokes cigarettes gets lung cancer, in fact most people do not. however, would it be illocial to say that by smoking cigarettes heavily you are putting yourself at an ever greater risk for lung cancer? would it be illogical for a former smoker who survived cancer to tell other smokers that they are headed in the direction of lung cancer? i believe that by smoking marijuana heavily you are putting yourself at greater risk for poor mental health.

i used to be a huge advocate of marijuana, i used to defend it at every opportunity. i used to think marijuana was the answer to so many of the world's problems. i would not say this if i didn't know it to be true. i am not trying to use marijuana as a scapegoat either, i take full responsibility. it was my fault for continueing to smoke marijuana even when there were signs of problems. however i am posting this so current stoners can be warned and so that when they start experiencing the slightest problem they know where continued usage can lead and they think about quitting before things get ugly.

i used to be like the people here who are saying "it won't happen to me". i believed that all the cases i read about people having these sorts of problems were simply due to them not being able to handle marijuana and not understanding it, or that they were fucked up to begin with and would have developed the problems anyway as you suggested. i am posting this to let everyone know that it CAN happen to you.

Edited by Deviate (01/04/06 03:58 AM)

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5137690 - 01/04/06 04:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

actually you do see people saying that. i can put you in touch with one such person if you need proof.

I've been around a while and I've seen it, believe me. You definetly see more blame on marijuana though due to the inherit nature of this site, just as you would see people directly linking psychedelics and insanity on overgrow...

Quote:

this is the classic argument people will use to defend drugs.

Mental problems are a lot different than physical problems...I don't see how you can equate cigarette caused lung cancer and pot-induced anxiety, but I digress, as I said, no one seems to have a problem conceding it CAN happen... The problem is that you can't say it "WILL HAPPEN" to others because it is your personal experience.

Is it logical to think that at least 1 in 1000 shroom trips will be "bad", or negative in nature? Yes...that is likely.

Is it logical to think that at least 1 in 1000 marijuana episodes will result in anxiety and paranoia, and an overall unenjoyable experience? Yes, that is very likely, as paranoia IS a common direct effect of smoking marijuana.

Is it logical to think that because of this episode, you are on an unstoppable path to schizophrenia, irreversable panic disorder, and at serious risk of a cardiac episode...no. There is quite a leap from standard psychoactive effects of the drug to LIFE-LONG mental health issues... There are no absolutes in this case, everyone WILL react differently. This is the major point I am trying to get across.

Some smokers will recognize that paranoia, the anxiety, the decreased motivation as effects of the drug that occur in most everyone. They will be able to put it behind them after the high is gone and live another day, just like most experienced trippers are able to do after a mind-shattering trip, since not every 'ego-loss' experience leads to permanent loss of self.

Mental health issues can arise in anyone, no one denies. It is safe to say "It hasn't happened to me" if it hasn't. It is also OK to be a pot smoker for 60 years and say the same thing, and it may very well never happen. A lot of it seems to be in the attitude toward the drug...if you are someone that can't stop compulsively smoking when you get a bag--waste all of your money and time you could spend furthering yourself, making marijuana the LARGEST part of your life on a pedestal, then of course the constant common effects of the drug will always be on your mind, because you are always under the influence and obessing over the drug...'Why am I always paranoid and anxious? Could it be because that is an effect of THC which is constantly in my brain?" :flowstone: Different individuals will have different reactions to 'letting it go'...when they have to  stop smoking.

Those that seem to take it in stride, and take the time for sober reflection, recognize the separation between the effects of the drug and their natural state, and can turn it 'off' and 'on' if you will seem to have less problems putting down the pipe for the day to work, scrounging up money for the next bag, and they also have increased ability to regulate the way marijuana effects them through experience...just like any seasoned tripper can pinpoint every effect from the first wave of psilocybin flowing into their brain, and rationalize or at the least recognize the effect of the drug, and seperate it from what is really happening.

--------------------

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5137771 - 01/04/06 06:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis and produce anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like effects." - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query...1&dopt=Abstract
"It makes marijuana look more like an antidepressant and less like a drug of abuse." Amelia Eisch, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas"

I read your link, and I hate to be the one to break it to you, however the cannabinoid being discussed here is a synthetic cannabinoid, HU210. So next time, before you judge other people's analytical skills, make sure yours are up to scratch. :tongue:

Quote:

Quote by schneck: It appears to you so just because you don't even read the links that you provide yourself:

Quote:

Endogenous Cannabinoids Take the Edge off Neuroendocrine Responses to Stress

One notable exception to the cannabinoid inhibition of hypothalamic neuroendocrine function is the reported stimulatory effect that exogenous cannabinoids have on the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Activation of the HPA axis is the main neuroendocrine response to both psychological and physiological stress. Thus, stress leads to the activation of CRH neurons in the PVN and results in CRH release onto the anterior pituitary gland, which triggers ACTH secretion from the anterior pituitary into the systemic circulation, which, in turn, stimulates the synthesis and systemic release of corticosteroids by the adrenal glands. Exogenous cannabinoids, rather than suppressing this neuroendocrine axis, have been shown to enhance the secretion of the HPA hormones (11, 12). :smile:

Hillard and colleagues (15) put this issue to rest in their report in the current issue of Endocrinology, in which they show that endocannabinoids suppress the HPA response to stress (Fig. 1 ). Furthermore, their data confirm earlier reports that endocannabinoids exert a tonic inhibitory tone on the HPA axis (13), possibly via direct basal inhibition of the CRH neurons.
FULL ARTICLE: http://endo.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/145/12/5429<br />
<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">
Note that that reference to hypersecretion comes from the following journal, and is titled the Endocrine effects of marijuana, it isn't some obsure synthetic analogue.

Brown TT, Dobs AS 2002 Endocrine effects of marijuana. J Clin Pharmacol 42(11 Suppl):90S?96S  :smile:

Edited by confuzed (01/04/06 06:31 AM)

OfflineDeviate
    #5137777 - 01/04/06 06:35 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

actually one reason i don't have time to search for proper studies is because i don't really know how to find studies. all i really know how to do is type in some search terms to google and then sort the through the thousands of results, most of which are junk. i'm sure there is a better way to sort through the informatio and if i knew what it was i would be much more inclined to undertake such as task. if anyone could tell me how to access the medical data currently available on marijuana i would be happy to look into the matter.

"In my case I know I've got no problems directly, inderectly or in any other way related to pot. In fact, in my case I know I fixed quite a bunch of problems thanks to pot. So, this makes it a universal law, case closed."

but you have added one sentence which fully changes the meaning. i never said it was a universal law, only that in my case it would be silly to suggest the problems i experienced weren't do to marijuana. it would be as if i got really drunk, woke up the next day with a hangover and then when i mentioned it to someone they suggested my hangover wasn't do to the alcohol i consumed and demanded scientific proof that alcohol causes hangovers. in this case i would have to say that i know my body best and i am the one who is most able to determine if my hangover was due to the alcohol or to other factors.

similary, because i experienced a hangover it is logical to assume that other people who drink alcohol excessively might also experience hangovers. if i visit alcohol message boards and speak with other alcohol users and continously see reports of hangovers, then this is enough for me to assume that what happened to me is not merely an isolated incident and potentially has implications for other people.

if you smoked marijuana and it fixed a bunch of problems for you, you could then apply the same logic as i did. if you survayed other users and found marijuana also fixerd their problems you could then conclude that this was also a potential effect of marijuana use. and i personally do believe marijuana has the power to heal so i don't even find this to be a particularly far fetched idea. so, both of our experiences with marijuana can have meaning. i never claimed that every one who smokes marijuana ends up in ruin as you seem to be suggesting. i simply said that there are risks and negative consequences associated with marijuana use and from what ive seen they are common enough that anyone who is a heavy marijuana user should be aware of them.

from your experience, you might conclude that everyone who is a heavy marijuana user should be aware that marijuana can be used to solve personal problems. and i would be in complete agreement with that. however, this doesn't render my conclusion invalid as you perhaps are implying. it simply demonstrates that marijuana can have both positive and negative affects. i am only in this thread because i want to share some of the negative affects marijuana has had on me and people ive spoken to so other stoners will be better able to look out for them and stop smoking marijuana before they progress too far. if this thread asked "what benefits have you experienced from using marijuana?" then i would have responded with the benefits i feel marijuana has had on me.

perhaps confuzed was too universal in his description of the course of events likely to be experienced by a marijuana user and i made a mistake in siding with thim. i simply felt that his post well articulated the very real dangers associated with heavy marijuana use and we should be applauding him rather then trying to discredit him.

Edited by Deviate (01/04/06 06:46 AM)

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #5137816 - 01/04/06 07:27 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Cannabis gave me several 100 near heart attacks (angina pectoris) during the first half-hours of toking up. Resting heartrate 90, stoned 120.
But hey, it's harmless right?
So I smoked on.

Then on December 27 2002 cannabis gave me a heart attack. ICU, brink of death, a handful of pharms every day for the rest of my life..

It turned out I have this rare genetic heart condition which makes cannabis for me more ischemic than for others, meaning it increases cardiac oxygen demand more than a jog does.

If your heart starts to asphyxiate you get the chest pains of Angina Pectoris, if it does so to the point of heart muscle dying off you've got a heart attack.

So the harmless little weed gave me a fullblown heart attack and several hundred near misses.
There's no such thing as a harmless drug.

I'd bet quite a bit of money on the fact that I bet I have the same exact thing. There was one really bad time where I know my body went into shock because I was so panicked.

I was at the hospital once, but they just treated it as a normal panic attack situation. I had to sit in a crowded waiting room, panicked to the max, for about 30 minutes and then they put me in a room for another 30 minutes and then by the time they were ready to look at me, my heart rate had fell and I was quite a bit calmer by then. They hooked up all these little wires to my different pulses(the name of the test escapes me?) and found nothing wrong. Then they tried to feed me some lorazepam or something and I totally wouldn't have it.

But I know that there's something else going on. I have a strong mind and can work through the toughest psychedelic experiences...but give me half a joint and I'm through the roof like I just got run over by a car.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Spooge]
    #5137976 - 01/04/06 09:19 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

A heart attack gives an elevated blood Troponins level which is telltale. Angina pectoris subsides if you take a nitrate or a nitrite (poppers) whereas panic would be aggrevated by it.

Perhaps a cardiac thing did happen to you, or perhaps it was "all in the mind", which by no way makes it necessarily "harmless".

With some people weed produces anxiety/panic states very often.
Many people have anxiety invade their weed experience after prolonged use, like described.
Many people have anxiety invade their weed experience after, or with the progression of, sessions with psychedelics such as mushrooms and LSD.

All of this is true and is readily recognised by just about any internetter who spent substantial time reading alot of weed posts.
Paranoia, anxiety, depression, apathy and low self esteem tend to go hand in hand with heavy pot use in some people, whether it is directly caused by cannabis or not.

For some people meth acts like a sleeping pill and others are flung into a bloodlust frenzy if they happen to take a beer with their benzo. Because we are all so different you can't equate your response to everybody's, as someone put in his clever sig.

And Swami: i'm really not an angry person and if everything in the universe is governed by a kind of karma then so would my heart attack be, it stemming off a genetic anomaly readily seen with endoscopy.

Shall we continue on-topic?

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5139348 - 01/04/06 03:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty much speechless from shneck's posts. They are very will written and very well supported. I agree, as shneck did, with one of Deviate's posts:
"it simply demonstrates that marijuana can have both positive and negative affects. i am only in this thread because i want to share some of the negative affects marijuana has had on me and people ive spoken to so other stoners will be better able to look out for them and stop smoking marijuana before they progress too far. if this thread asked "what benefits have you experienced from using marijuana?" then i would have responded with the benefits i feel marijuana has had on me."
If i had to sum this whole thing up, id say: Don't be an idiot and totally abuse pot and expect no negative effects. Use it wisely and safely, treat her as you would her to treat you. I remember in one of shneck's reports that it said something to the effect of: "At high doses of THC (I think they were refering to THC), the HPA axis was activated but at moderatly low doses, THC suppressed the HPA axis" This somewhat backs up my previous statement about not totally abusing mary. Bottom line, its all individual. For some, "moderate" could be more frequent than others etc. If your body's complaining, your doing something wrong. Peace

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5139554 - 01/04/06 04:33 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Wow! You have quite an attitude problem, and your disclaimers fall woefully short of covering that up, and you, far from being an exonoration of the drug - you're far more of an indictment of it than even I claim it deserves. What I claim it deserves, is not the harmless status that it frequently is portrayed to have, but rather that it can be insideous in nature, and it can transform from one's best pal to a daunting enemy gradually.

Have you read THE FULL PDF, not the 10-line abstract?

Which link did you provide? It was to the abstract, the reason I don't look for free full texts at PubMed is because they're so uncommon in my experience. However, here's my amended response: First of all, it was conducted on rats - not humans, which is something entirely different as the author himself explains elsewhere on the net, and secondly, what a completely fanciful, nigh useless study conclusion for the vast majority of humans, it's not only claiming that it's an antidepressant, but also that it's an anxiolytic, and improves learning. Furthermore, it goes on to state that '...cell proliferation is decreased in animal models of depression or stress and anxiety paradigms...' and lastly, I tell you again that they used a potent synthetic exogenous cannabinoid in this study conducted on rats, and that it is at best reasonable speculation that plant-derived cannabinoids might cause cell proliferation (at a decreased rate) in the hippocampus - of rats.

I think this is a case where it's best to rely on anecdotes as you recommend further down in your rant. Having said that, everyone's different, if you or others find that weed is an antidepressant, improves anxiety and learning, or anything else then that's great.

You're nasty, man! Just a couple of abstracts below you could find this:
"Surprisingly, they found that systemic administration of an exogenous cannabinoid, CP55940, reduced the stress-induced secretion of the HPA hormones (15), which runs counter to earlier reports of activation of HPA hormone release with exogenous cannabinoids (12, 16).

Thanks man.

That's right. However, it's clearly fallacious since almost all anecdotes and evidence point towards HPA-axis activation, hence the tachycardia and the scrambling by the authors to explain why the later results reported by Hillard suggested otherwise.

I just believe Confuzed was wrong, and I still do,

Wrong about what?

I stand by it all, but none of it was meant to be received as a sweeping statement that marijuana can and will always lead to a disorder as you interpreted it. Looking at it now, it definetly comes across as a generalisation, but Ill leave it how it is, just to spite you. :smile:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by confuzed (01/04/06 04:36 PM)

Offlinejuangomez
Hired Geek
Loc: Seattle, Wa
    #5139697 - 01/04/06 05:17 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

In response to the first post:
I smoked for a while then started getting panic attacks. I chalked it up to CO2-induced panic. Now I'm the one-hit-wonder, and as long as everyone around me respects that it's all good. Usually my girlfriend and I compromise: 1 shot for 1 bowl, and I never have to drive :laugh:

Micromachines Man: Your experience may differ. Discontinue regiment and immediately consult a physician if you experience negative side effects while on this medication. Not recommended for pregnant women and those with a family history of heart failure. Party responsibly: wear a condom.

OfflineDeviate
    #5141629 - 01/04/06 11:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Just filter the junk using the common sense. If it?s Coach Dan?s Chalk Talk on Juju ? most probably it?s just ravings of an old fart whose brain is screwed with crap he was fed all his life or, much worse, who earns his living by propagating this same BS. If it?s, say JCI resourse (check my older post) ? most probably it?s quite decent source. Still, keep in mind that even the most decent sources may be wrong since so little is known about human brain and mind; BTW, most of scientists, unlike us, stay away from stating their point of view as a final virtue, they tend to use words like ?probably?, ?seems reasonable to suggest?, and often finish with ?still, more research is needed in this respect?.
Sometimes, anecdotal data may be more true than any scientific results. That?s why I suggest that you try googling Steve Kubby, you won?t be disappointed.

Man, don?t be so serious, the ?universal truth? was just a joke. What I wanted to say was that if your face gets royal magenta shade after you eat a couple of strawberries, that doesn?t automatically means strawberries make people become red in the face. It?s just an individual case, and you can?t declare, for example, that pot leads to psychotic disorders just because you had such an unhappy experience. Keep in mind that millions of other people could enjoy the berries or the Green Queen if you did not rush to hasty conclusions.

this was never what i claimed and if you had read my posts you should know this. i specifically stated that i talked to several other people who experienced the same affects as well as witnessed the affects being posted about on marijuana related message board over and over again, in addition to seeing them reported on erowid and hinted at by scientists and psychiatrists. now assuming i ate strawberries and they made me red in the face and then i talked to many other people who ate strawberries and became red in the face and witnessed people posting about how they had become read in the face after eating strawberries on the internet over and over again, and heard that some studies indicate strawberries probably can cause you to become red in the face, i dont think it would be unreasonable for me to conclude that strawberries can make people become red in the face.

No mate, and I have just explained you why. It could make me a Cryptonite Man, but it could also cripple crowds of others, that?s why I wrote that I?d better stay with scientific research - however immature the medical science is, it?s still more credible than Shneck?s own experience.

see above for why this doesn't address my point. i already explained that what i experienced was not an isolated incident. in addition, immature or inconclusive science isn't always better than first hand experience. take drug recalls for example. if a drug was determined safe by a few minimal studies but real people taking the drug are reporting terrible reactions, it would not be wise to wait for science to conclusively prove that the drug was capable of causing those reactions before issuing a warning about it.

Words of a wise man, Deviate, bravo. If you said that before, who would dare to argue? Just let me remind me that the argument was about the blunt statements that pot leads to nervous breakdowns ? and the fact is it doesn?t in most cases, moreover, it?s being used as a cure for that same problem.
the fact that it doesn't lead to nervous break downs in most cases doesn't mean that its not a significant danger. cigarette smoke doesn't lead to lung cancer in most cases. should we therefore try to discredit those who claim cigarette smoking leads to lung cancer?

I just believe Confuzed was wrong, and I still do, although I would change my point of view readily if he provides a batch of solid proof.
Time to go! Take care, guys, rave with you later.

wrong on what counts?

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5143147 - 01/05/06 01:03 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Deviate said:
the fact that it doesn't lead to nervous break downs in most cases doesn't mean that its not a significant danger. cigarette smoke doesn't lead to lung cancer in most cases. should we therefore try to discredit those who claim cigarette smoking leads to lung cancer?

Actually, it says right on the cigarette lable that smoking them does cause lung cancer.

Offlinekhronikind
Stoner
Male

#9402706 - 12/09/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
hey weeded420, i was just wondering what your exercise habits are, how often and what etc.  Also, has anyone consitered or tried using a vaporizer.  Ive been looking into the volcano and all my sources tell me its greaet.  Other than the costly investment one must make in order to get a good vaporizer, does anyone think its worth it.  Ive heard it gets you way more high than smoking the same amount of bud.

Actually I ran into this awesome vape invention on the internet the other day, check this shit out it uses a wierd metal thing that sucks the flame in but just disperses the heat over a metal thing and vapes the weed  called vaporstar, its only £25 and looks sweet ima pick one up soon. As for adverse health effects well it causes my allergies to act up more, but thats about it.

Offlinegreystealth
Corrupt Cop

#9403165 - 12/09/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
hey gang, i was wondering if anyone out there has been experiencing any adverse health effects from smoking pot.  Im more interested in the long-term adverse effects but any responce is appreciated. Also, state some specifics to your pot habbits such as how frequently you smoke it etc. Thanks in advance :thumbup:

Yo OP, I have experienced a few notable health effects, while being significantly high. For me, this is usually a few bowls of a G13 hybrid.

1. I can't seem to get enough oxygen in my lungs, especially after laughing or eating- I find myself continuously taking deep breaths because it never feels enough...

2. I begin to experience what seems to be frame rate loss in my vision, and my eyes can only perceive the world with 3-5frame gaps- kind of choppy.

3. Around this level of 'highness' I begin to have horrible short term memory. I would be talking with my girl, and all of a sudden completely forget what I was saying.

4. Panic. After experiencing a combination of the first 3 symptoms, I begin to panic(mainly, for lack of oxygen than anything else). I have to have a cup of water by my side b/c of hardcore drymouth. I try to stay calm during these uncomfortable periods, and eventually fall asleep.

I've reached this uncomfortable level, maybe 3-4 times- and no longer see any point in getting there.

--------------------

Offlinemilkyway2
Stranger

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: sunshine]
    #11645323 - 12/13/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sunshine said:
I have had breathing problems from smoking about an eigth of really good weed every day.

samesies

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: greystealth]
    #11645494 - 12/13/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

greystealth said:
Quote:

ph30n1x said:

Yo OP, I have experienced a few notable health effects, while being significantly high. For me, this is usually a few bowls of a G13 hybrid.

1. I can't seem to get enough oxygen in my lungs, especially after laughing or eating- I find myself continuously taking deep breaths because it never feels enough...

2. I begin to experience what seems to be frame rate loss in my vision, and my eyes can only perceive the world with 3-5frame gaps- kind of choppy.

3. Around this level of 'highness' I begin to have horrible short term memory. I would be talking with my girl, and all of a sudden completely forget what I was saying.

4. Panic. After experiencing a combination of the first 3 symptoms, I begin to panic(mainly, for lack of oxygen than anything else). I have to have a cup of water by my side b/c of hardcore drymouth. I try to stay calm during these uncomfortable periods, and eventually fall asleep.

I've reached this uncomfortable level, maybe 3-4 times- and no longer see any point in getting there.

hey you should really be careful. you might start hyperventilating. do you have any issues with anxiety? sounds like you probably do.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

OfflineWrestle
Psychonaut
Male

#20343099 - 07/28/14 02:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I've been smoking weed for the past year about once or twice a day consistently. In a way I could say a tolerance has developed. Eating is much less pleasureful and I'm tempted to smoke just to make things more enjoyable.
The biggest adverse effect would have to be the short-term memory loss though. Throughout my every-day nonstoned life, I'll find myself forgetting what I was just doing, just like how you forget simple things you were just doing when you're really stoned. It's gotten kind of annoying, actually. At my job, I'll sometimes forget if I took change or not. It's never gotten me into any trouble, but it's definitely noticeable and a tad aggravating.
Adverse Effects from smoking weed?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/28/14 12:22 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract