Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5128149 - 01/01/06 05:13 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Belive it or not, Some people are actualy allergic to marijuana.  yet this does not stop me from rips.

::bong rip::
::puke::
::another bong rip::

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: TheDemon]
    #5128168 - 01/01/06 05:46 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

me and a friend bought half an ounce of mouldy weed once. didn't really know until we started gettign into the rotten shit. didn't care, smoked it anyway. all i can say is after about a week i got really depressed and hated everything and everyone unconditionally.
not cool

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Swami]
    #5128213 - 01/01/06 08:21 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
The discussion was about a heart attack. I posited another possible trigger backed by medical science research. How is this off-topic?

Maybe Organic was referring to the way you derailed this thread with your veiled attacks against Wiccan Seeker? You're not fooling anyone with your bullshit either.

--------------------

Offlineshneck
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Revelation]
    #5128596 - 01/01/06 03:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Started smoking 14-15, I'm 40 now.
Had some breaks, up to a couple of years, but on an average I smoke quite often, once in 2 days at the least. Sometimes it's organic, but mostly it's of a Weedus From-the Streetus sort.
Until now, can't spot any bad effects.
Doctor what's wrong with me? Should I try smoking on an hourly basis?

Dr - The serious bad side-effect is that you don't have any side-effects.
I'll prescribe you some Prosac, or even better, switch to booze and cigarettes, it always fixes the problem just fine, they're absolutely approved and legal and you'll support booze/cigs/drugs manufacturers that pay taxes to the government that will be able to spend it on more arms to protect you from terrorists that you currently support by buying the bad stuff from drug barons.
See you later, and I bet you'll come again, next one, please.
----------------------------------
Sorry for derailing the topic, folks, but it's really difficult to be sure what triggeres health problems these days. It can be weed, it can be anything else.

You could be sure weed is the problem if you did not eat BigMacs, did not watch reality shows, did not breathe car gas fumes in the street, but all this is kind of unreal, isn't it?

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Loc: just a few notes away
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: shneck]
    #5128793 - 01/01/06 05:09 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

good point

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Revelation]
    #5129012 - 01/01/06 06:48 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Marijuana causes a f'd up incurable form of panic disorder, and depersonalisation disorder. That's why people who have suffered panic responses induced by it can never seem to turn back the clock even with long breaks.

The initial panic response is compounded by orthostatic/postural hypotension and compels the sufferer to lay down due to dizziness and cardiac neurosis, the resulting predicament forces upon the sufferer a double-edged sword, (1) to continue to worry about his/her heart or (2) to separate mind from body and depersonalise.

It's not good for the heart and the panic disorder doubles to triples the risk of heart disease..

It's worse for the lungs than tobacco by miles.

This is the normal course of events:
Happy times/weed is my best friend-----minimal laughter and euphoria---panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia

Repeated over and over and over, everywhere you go. Many of the people who report only positive experiences just haven't smoked for long enough or they are in denial, or they still have HIGH hopes for a return to the glory days which will never happen...

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: confuzed]
    #5129022 - 01/01/06 06:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've had one of those panic trips with weed... But I wouldn't say it's left any permanent effects, I just respect weed a lot more now...

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5129043 - 01/01/06 07:10 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

But that's what they/we all say after the first occurance, and it always follows the same trend until ultimately it happens every session.

Offlinepschumach
Stranger
    #5129642 - 01/01/06 11:52 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

"But that's what they/we all say after the first occurance, and it always follows the same trend until ultimately it happens every session. "

uhh... bullshit.

set and setting, as with all drugs.

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: pschumach]
    #5129821 - 01/02/06 01:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

i too have had the heart-panic episode where i must sit down due to dizzyness. but i realized that i was so high i must be out of my mind and i kinda forgot about it. I do respect weed alot more now. And i disagree with your statement: weed is worse for the lungs than tobacco by miles. Tobacco is terrable, mostly because of the fertalizers they mass-produce it with. Manufacturers don't care whats the safest fertalizer, whichever one gives the highest yield. Even if u chew tobacco you'll get cancer, let alone smoking it. weed however doesnt have any fertalizers, hydroponic weed is not fertalized by the way. Also the fibers in weed smoke cause your bronchi to expand as opposed to tobacco which causes them to constrict. And there's less tar in weed. All the studies for the tar ratio's in mary vs tobacco were taken from the leaves of both when you don't smoke pot leaves; you smoke the bud of the plant. Which is more around the lines of a 1:3 ratio of tar in mary to tobacco. lol plus snoop seriously does smoke about an Oz of weed everyday. Which is basically like smoking 2-3 packs of cigaretts a day except the cigaretts are filled with weed. And hes not dead yet. As for the heart disease possibilty increase; thats the first ive ever heard of that hypothesis. I had a pannic attack, sort of, about the heart thing, but i got over it like 10 minutes later.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Let the men of wisdom speak: [Re: ph30n1x]
    #5130438 - 01/02/06 06:28 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Fluxburn said:
Indica makes you all retarded if you smoke too much. Sativa makes your heart race if you smoke too much

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5130608 - 01/02/06 10:35 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thats odd then...I've smoked for almost 10 years and know numerous people that have smoked 30+years and never entered the 'panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia' stages...I guess we're all in denial though since you know us better than we know ourselves. Or maybe we have to smoke 60 years for this to happen, you know, like it takes 7 hits of acid to make you insane. Thanks for keeping us schizophrenic marijuana addicts in line.

--------------------

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
    #5130747 - 01/02/06 12:01 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
As for the heart disease possibilty increase; thats the first ive ever heard of that hypothesis.

Panic disorder increases the risk of heart disease, marijuana itself doesn't but if it developes in to any other disorder then it will, and it'll be made worse by antidepressants or neuroleptics/antipsychotics because of the metabolic effects of most of them.

Quote:

ph30n1x said:Also the fibers in weed smoke cause your bronchi to expand as opposed to tobacco which causes them to constrict.

I've read that too, but it doesn't improve asthma, the brief negligable bronchodilation is useless because the increased surface area is just bombarded with yet more tar, and that's why there's a steady decline. Neither of them are good for the lungs, however unfiltered smoke contains several times the amount of tar that tobacco does but less is smoked as you say.

Quote:

ph30n1x said:
lol plus snoop seriously does smoke about an Oz of weed everyday. Which is basically like smoking 2-3 packs of cigaretts a day except the cigaretts are filled with weed. And hes not dead yet.

lol, Snoop's superhuman though. Nah, he's just one of the lucky ones, which may be the majority.

I'm not saying that it has these effects on everyone, but it can and you just need to be on the look out and be honest with yourself

Quote:

Organic said:
Thats odd then...I've smoked for almost 10 years and know numerous people that have smoked 30+years and never entered the 'panic, depersonalisation with or without psychosis, or schizophrenia' stages...I guess we're all in denial though since you know us better than we know ourselves.

I know your lungs are f'd, and next you'll claim you have two Olympic marathon gold medals under your belt. I remember seeing a marijuana advocate on TV, who'd been smoking for 40 odd years, he also claimed to be fine, however he looked and sounded totally wasted.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5130804 - 01/02/06 12:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

:lol:

Funny, my doctor doesn't think my lungs are fucked, nor my cardiovascular system. He recommended I start smoking cigarettes so I'll have to come back and see him :smile: I've had checkups every year.

Also, no one could guess the people I know that have smoked 30+ years... Their voices are not raspy, their skin is normal, they have regular checkups and are in great condition as far as breathing and their heart, and in fact everyone they meet tells them they look as young as when they saw them 30+years ago.

I guess you're right though, and these trained physicians and people that have known them for their entire lives are incorrect...talking in an authoritative manner like you actually know everyone's individual situation must make you correct (not really, but it strokes the ego well doesn't it?).

--------------------

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Organic]
    #5130812 - 01/02/06 12:41 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
:lol:

Funny, my doctor doesn't think my lungs are fucked, nor my cardiovascular system. He recommended I start smoking cigarettes so I'll have to come back and see him :smile: I've had checkups every year.

Also, no one could guess the people I know that have smoked 30+ years... Their voices are not raspy, their skin is normal, they have regular checkups and are in great condition as far as breathing and their heart, and in fact everyone they meet tells them they look as young as when they saw them 30+years ago.

I guess you're right though, and these trained physicians and people that have known them for their entire lives are incorrect...talking in an authoritative manner like you actually know everyone's individual situation must make you correct (not really, but it strokes the ego well doesn't it?).

lol thats pretty cool, your doctor sounds hip to me. My friends first cousins have been smoking since they were 11 and they are now in their mid 30s and are very healthy.

Id say if your smart about mary j and are eager to stay healthy in most aspects of your life then you should be just fine.  Plus theres always vaporizers if your perticular situation calls for it.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5130830 - 01/02/06 12:50 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, he is. Everyone should find a doctor they are comfortable being honest with regarding their drug use (past and present). It will benefit you in the long-term. My doctor knows all about my drug usage and thus keeps an eye out for any specific problems. With my diet, work habits, health history, exercise routine, and consumption rate, he told me the biggest risk I faced was marijuana being illegal. You make a great point about the vaporizer...I'm getting one soon :smile:

IMO, marijuana simply isn't for some people, like those predisposed to schizophrenia and have experienced a complete loss of reality on MJ...or those with pre-existing physical conditions. It is possible for a segment of the population to use MJ responsibly and not develop any long term health issues, and in fact *gasp* benefit from it.

--------------------

Offlineph30n1x
the next jerry

#5130837 - 01/02/06 12:53 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

does anyone else get light-headed alot when they toke? like either when they stand up quick or when they hold a puff for too long.

OfflineErickson
Resident
    #5130951 - 01/02/06 01:51 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I would get light headed more often back when i smoked pot (wether on it at the time or not) than since i quit, I can only remember getting light headed once since i quit.. Well except every single time I try salvia. I found pot made me unmotivated but it might have also been the crowd I was runnin with..

--------------------
Fortune Favors The Bold.

Offlineconfuzed
Stranger
Re: anyone had/have adverse health effects from smoking pot? [Re: Organic]
    #5130976 - 01/02/06 02:05 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Funny, my doctor doesn't think my lungs are fucked.

He probably doesn't want to alarm you with the truth. What tests were done to support those claims? NONE! It's a fabrication (or your delusional) - you can't smoke for 10 years and have healthy airways.

Quote:

Well first of all, I don't think any trained physician ever told you that you had healthy lungs. Secondly, we all talk in a way which comes most naturally to us, and I'm sorry that your so easily irritated and have problems with the way you perceive others, and interpret events... :laugh:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#5131000 - 01/02/06 02:14 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Present something more than "OMG you and your doctor are lying" and amateur internet psychology and I'll debate with you.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order