Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: keefboy]
    #5122743 - 12/30/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"you mentioned that if you have muscle balance then you wont get knocked down, i.e. you will rarely lose a fight. however, there may be someone who is equally as balanced but has more mass. he is more likely to win the fight"

Keep in mind that there is also balence of body, mind and spirit as well...not just of the body. If one is out getting into fights, then there is an imbalence somewhere.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: keefboy]
    #5122857 - 12/30/05 02:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

keefboy said:
you mentioned that if you have muscle balance then you wont get knocked down, i.e. you will rarely lose a fight. however, there may be someone who is equally as balanced but has more mass. he is more likely to win the fight.

Balanced and toned. The one who has the better equivalent of both will most likely come out victorious.

Quote:

my point in saying lifting was key was not about gaining mass. there was a list of 100 benefits somewhere, and from personal experience i can say that most of them are true.

Im not saying that lifting is bad at all! I lift myself and take creatine daily.

Im saying that toning and balancing your muscles is more important than lifting dumbells.

Quote:

one of them is the mood lift. i NEVER walk out of the gym feeling worse then i did when i got there. even the rare days when i feel like shit and angry at the world i come out feeling like a champ.

Same with me and meditation, jogging in the forest, swimming, and the list goes on.

Rock on brudda, being huge has never been looked down upon. If authority wont respect you for the sake of it, let them respect you out of fear.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5126739 - 12/31/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Seuss,

Thanks for sharing that For Our World poem. I enjoyed it.  :thumbup:

:peace:  :heart:

You are very welcome.  I strive to become as pure at Mattie was... it is amazing that he wrote that when only a child.  His sickness was both is salvation and his downfall... if the rest of us could only gasp a tiny bit of his spirit, the world would be a much better place to live.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5128646 - 01/01/06 01:22 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

*sigh*  I'm considering this thread as I consume far too many of Swami's delicious Christmas cookies.  :blush:

I was too thin until I had my first child, and then I returned to a healthy weight soon after & remained at the same weight until I was unhappily married.  Emotional eating habits put an extra 35 lbs on my body, and I could not get rid of them until I got divorced.  (Guess I actually lost 185 lbs, 150 lbs. of husband & 35 lbs. of me :grin:)

I've maintained my weight for nearly 3 years now, but can't seem to get motivated to exercise regularly.  I have a 40 hour a week desk job, and two kids to care for when I'm done working, but I know I could squeeze in some morning exercise if I pushed myself a little.

Lately I'm beginning to think that it is linked with my inner aim of letting go of perfectionism.  I've given myself permission to slack off on everything but the essentials, and apparently the workout has not made my list of essentials as yet.  But when I DO exercise daily, it improves my energy and sense of wellbeing.

I hate New Year's resolutions, but perhaps this would be a good one:

take good care of my body with exercise AND rest this year.

Right after I finish these cookies...

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: Veritas]
    #5128994 - 01/01/06 04:39 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

No matter what the pursuit in question is...I constantly hear people say they have no time. When I was in college I would have certain people in programming courses who would want to look at my code. At first I tried to help them out, but when I said "It took me 20 hours to do this assignment, just devote this much time to it and you will get it." they would tell me that they were incompetent because they did not have the time to devote to it. They wanted to be professionals, but they did not have the time to do the work when there was so much going on in their lives. My reply was that if you are motivated you make time. There is always time...time can always be found somewhere, but you have to be motivated to utilize it.

I too have a 40 hour a week job sitting...sitting in front of computers. I have become motivated because I want to seek life and health. I met a guy at a New Years eve party last night that told me he had been working out for 4 years. He was 43, but he looked about 25. He was strong and fit. At 41 I am not falling apart, but that time will approach soon. If I do not become motivated I will decline spiritually mentally, and physically. I do not desire to be a weak old man. My vision of the dynamic warrior does not include tired old men who cry and complain of their ailments.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5129005 - 01/01/06 04:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, we always find time for the activities which support our current values, even if they are not the values we would admit to.

Truth is, I value my extra hour of sleep in the morning more than I value working out.  :shrug:  Perhaps it will take some negative consequences to alter the priority of these values, or perhaps I will "take charge" and make myself get up earlier.

Icelander is a great example for me.  He is up at 6 to hike in the hills with the dog every morning.  This discipline has kept him in terrific shape for 16 years of dog-walking.  What a warrior!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5129026 - 01/01/06 04:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Why the morning? I prefer the evening for exercise.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5129031 - 01/01/06 05:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I don't get home from work until 6 or 6:30 p.m., and by the time dinner and kid time and bath time and bed time are done, it's nearly time for me to go to bed.

No, it has to be the morning, or it will not happen.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5129040 - 01/01/06 05:07 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I keep the same hours, but I do not go to sleep before midnight...I am wired that way.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5129044 - 01/01/06 05:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Huehuecoyotl said:
Why the morning? I prefer the evening for exercise.

If one wants to burn calories all day, morning exercise has been shown to increase metabolic activity for many hours during the day and evening exercise does not have this effect and may interfere with sleep, depending on how late you exercise. But anytime is a good time to exercise. I love the quiet woods in the morning. I have the trails to myself and the air is fresh and invigorating.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5129048 - 01/01/06 05:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I used to be a night owl.  It was easier for me to stay up until dawn than it was to get up at dawn.  :grin:  I would regularly sleep from 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. (barring early morning college classes).  Now it's 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.  :shrug:

My inner "clock" has been reset now, and it was difficult to stay up until midnight last night.  :tongue: 

Though I think I could go back to being a night owl if my work schedule didn't demand such early hours.  I love being awake at night when almost everyone else is sleeping.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: Icelander]
    #5129076 - 01/01/06 05:32 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I know this, but I have to be in to work early most mornings so I use the evening. It is also a fact that eating up to six small meals a day instead of three large ones gears the body towards higher metabolic activity all day. This causes higher calorie burn. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5129081 - 01/01/06 05:34 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I sleep from 12:30 to 6:30. Any more sleep and I am worthless all day.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5129194 - 01/01/06 06:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Old men need less sleep.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5129233 - 01/01/06 06:30 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

When I was 19 and my Grandfather was 80, he and I were walking through a shopping mall when he spotted a man he had worked with in the construction trade before he retired. The man yelled "Hey, you old son of a bitch." My grandfather replied "Hey, goddamn it, watch that "old" business!".

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5129266 - 01/01/06 06:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I will be 53 this year. I really would like to improve my health and fitness and increase my energy levels this year. I have done this routine many times in the past and got myself in better shape. But this time I'm going for a different kind of fitness. The fully relaxed body kind. I want to take up a meditation and relaxation program and then do some light workouts a couple of days a week. And work on some solid sexual healing and relaxing without the sexual guilt I was brought up with. Then if I can lay off the simple sugars I think I will be feeling well.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#5129278 - 01/01/06 06:57 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Try Tai Chi and meditation. I did it for 3 years once. I was incredibly flexible, and it increased my endurance and energy levels quite a bit.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5129302 - 01/01/06 07:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I have done Tai Chi in the past and liked it. This time I think I will work out with Veritas.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5129306 - 01/01/06 07:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:blush:

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5129345 - 01/01/06 07:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

:wink: Marvin Gaye said it best.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale