Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Nothing that You want to Know
    #512100 - 01/06/02 03:09 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I wrote this last week in the wee hours.
If it doesn't make any sense to you now, maybe it will one day. I think I hit the nail on the head with the diagnosis. I'm just wondering about the remedy and the dose now...

When you give it a name, it means less. Like short, clever one-liners that mean nothing to the masses? it?s no more than a catchy or witty chorus to a song without rhythm. A song sung by only a few martyrs. Martyrs who died and passed on a meme that could only be understood by future martyrs?
But why? Hope. The hope that others will reach out for the grail. Come to think of it, the song does have a discernable rhythm? but it is too complex to understand? it can only be felt. Master those ears and one lives forever? forever-here-and-now and via memes. It?s not logically absolute, but there is a constant beat. A rhythm to be danced to. A rhythm to be loved. What am I doing? What am I saying? If everything goes as planned, ALL this will make sense. Abstraction is necessary though. Those in the past have not been abstract enough. Loose anecdotes do not favor the deaf. Instead, the shallows are somehow twisted into truth. Then some pseudointellectual bastards come and chop up the beautiful song into nice and neat little sound clips. These power-mongering fools then play them whenever (and in whatever order) they see fit. It?s no wonder that many cannot hear the song? they haven?t heard but bits and pieces of it. They?ve been assured, though, that they?ve heard the whole song and just can?t understand it like the fools do. But it?s not all the fools? fault; the song isn?t exactly locked up in a vault. The hollow have not heard the music because they weren?t really listening. They were too blinded by the artificial, menacing fluorescent lights of Easy Street. You know, the street that the fools keep singing about. It?s paved with gold, every traffic light is green, there aren?t any speed bumps, and everyone is smiling. Damn the lying fools!
The fools know the power of the song, so they try to harness it. They create mobs of these Helen Kellers, so we need to write down the notes in such a manner so that only those whom truly feel the rhythm pounding the light into their hearts can enjoy the gains.
I suggest the key of Obscurity major.

Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Nothing that You want to Know [Re: Sclorch]
    #512308 - 01/06/02 07:21 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology