Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblejustamonkey
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Upstairs
Re: Physical Health as a Condition to Spiritual Health [Re: Icelander]
    #5142539 - 01/05/06 09:49 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Inspired by certain people located in a certain place doing exercises that I know. (You know who you are.) I recently took up my old hour and a half, three day a week, Shaolin Body Killer Workout (I came up with the name after the first time I ever did it.) Which basically consists of fifteen minutes of yoga stretches, followed by an hour of going through basic martial arts kicks and punches, etc, with two ten pound weights the entire time, only to break with water, usually at a pretty rigorous pace. During the final fifteen minutes, some crunches and leg lifts to really finish off those last few muscle strands. :smile: that hurts, and takes a lot of will to subject yourself to that kind of pain. Rest up for two days, and repeat the process. On the off days I try to do some kind of stretching and Tai Chi stuff anyway, so that my muscles dont grow bulky and tight as they repair. I'll give it a few weeks to make a difference, but I've seen it done.

On the issue of spiritual improvement, exercise has long been a key factor in many, many health problems. The mind, body, and consciousness are separate things, but they are dependent upon one another. Of coarse exercise is good for you, all of you. I agree completely, regardless of your beliefs, your physical well being can help you pursue them, through many stimulating ways.

If you were going to build a house, would you make the walls thick and the rafters strong, and build it on a muddy foundation?

--------------------
[quote]We don't need anyone to teach us sorcery, because there is really nothing to learn. What we need is a teacher to convince us that there is incalculable power at our fingertips. What a strange paradox! Every warrior on the path of knowledge thinks, at one time or another, that he's learning sorcery, but all he's doing is allowing himself to be convinced of the power hidden in his being, and that he can reach it. [/quote]-Carlos Casteneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order