Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Diploid]
    #5130362 - 01/02/06 02:38 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You can be charged with possession of a fake drug.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Jim]
    #5131066 - 01/02/06 12:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Again, none of us are saying the drug laws are cool, but this is just a stupid thing to do.

Would you take a lb of a some weed looking substance compress it down into a brick and put it in your bag, just for kicks when you go through the aiport. Maybe, but if you got arrested, It would be your fault.

This girl did the same thing.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5132242 - 01/02/06 05:44 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

ya'll need to realize one thing. That is, that not everyone is a druggie and think of 'look alikes' as actual drugs because that's all they have on their minds. Some people are actually clean and not losers who sniff cocaine and think of any white powdery substance as the drug.

She was not a druggie, so she didn't even give it a PARANOID druggie thought that maybe customs would think her stress reliever college joke was full of cocaine because that is not her life, she wasnt a drug user man, so why would she even have that on her mind? The only thing she had on her mind and the only thing she should have had on her mind was what it really was, and that was that it was a condom full of flour that she squeezed for stress and at the same time a joke because of its appearance.

them pigs just fucked up man, and now she will bank, because some dumbass cop tried fuckin her over cuz of his big ass ego not accepting the fact that he didnt have the bust he thought he had. i honeslty hope they all lose their jobs too. theres no way that flour is going to come up as a false positive on them damn tests. if they are that fucking faulty then they should look into something more accurate to prevent silly situations just like this one that costs them a lot of money for the mistake.

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #5132534 - 01/02/06 06:58 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

I read an article recently that showed that the most common feild test for cocaine is in fact extremely faulty and provided false possitives with many many perfectly legal substances.

Sorry no link. I can't even remember where I read it.

Someone else is sure to have read it also, though.
Please provide a link if you can.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleveggieM

Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5132657 - 01/02/06 07:26 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

You may be referring to this article: Flawed drug test mistakes cheese for cocaine

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: veggie]
    #5132703 - 01/02/06 07:35 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, that's it.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Ekstaza]
    #5134593 - 01/03/06 11:26 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

well, then perhaps it was an honest mistake on the cops part, i will give them that. but in no way is this the girls fault for not having a druggie mind frame and thinking of flour as a cocaine look alike. :whatever: i mean that's just ridiculous.

that really sucks about the incredibly faulty cocaine test. wow. i hope they can find something more accurate oneday.  ridiculous.

--------------------

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #5134894 - 01/03/06 01:20 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

shes a whore, she prolly did this just to be able to sue.

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #5137799 - 01/04/06 06:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

LOL. jealous?

--------------------

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: phi1618]
    #5139111 - 01/04/06 02:31 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

phi1618 said:
Quote:

putting yourself into a position where arrest is likely is just dumb.

jury's still out on that one.

--------------------
:orly:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5144083 - 01/05/06 05:47 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Police told her a field test showed that the powder contained opium and cocaine, according to the Inquirer. A lab test later proved the substance was flour

Ummm...how does flour show up as opium and cocaine? And why has no one else questioned this yet? Could this mean field tests are 'rigged'?

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: demiu5]
    #5145863 - 01/06/06 03:04 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

> Ummm...how does flour show up as opium and cocaine?

There is a simple field test for Cocaine that the cops use... and it is flawed. The tests works by adding the unknown substance to a tube of liquid. The liquid should change color. Then another liquid is added and the color should turn back. If this happens, then there is a strong likelyhood that the substance is cocaine. Strong enough to make an arrest, but not strong enough to convict. For a conviction, the unknown substance must be sent to a lab where they do a very careful analysis of the substance to determine what it really is.

The problem is that the field test identifies certain chemical structures... cocaine happens to have this structure, but so do an untold number of other common substances. It is also pretty easy for the cops to contaminate the samples they are using.

Seuss: How do you collect your sample to test?

Cop: "Well, I use my pocket knife to scrape some of the unknown substance into a vial and add the test liquid."

Seuss: And do you clean your knife each time?

Cop: "Well, I wipe it off..."

Seuss: So the false positive you are getting could be from the previous unknown substance you tested that was left on the knife blade after you wiped it off.

Cop: "Uhhh...."

Yet more stupidity as a result of our stupid war against ourselves, er, I mean drugs.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineMisanthrope
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Seuss]
    #5145980 - 01/06/06 06:53 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's obvious the cop in question hasn't been around allot of cocaine. Personally I think it's bullshit that they can keep you in jail for 3 weeks with such faulty evidence. If it was any other area of the law this would be unacceptable. you wouldn't throw a guy in jail for 3 weeks while they investigated weather the stereo he had as stolen or not.

Edited by Misanthrope (01/06/06 06:54 AM)

OfflineCubenisseur
Mad Props
Male

Loc: Indian Land
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Misanthrope]
    #5146150 - 01/06/06 09:24 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

putting yourself into a position where arrest is likely is just dumb.

Well we can't argue that girls aren't.... j/k

maybe

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Cubenisseur]
    #5146255 - 01/06/06 10:12 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

This worked out perfectly for her. Hope she enjoys the money she'll suck out of taxpayers pockets for being a piece of trash.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: looner2]
    #5148698 - 01/06/06 08:15 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

She will arrive too late to take that money out of the taxpayer's pockets anyway, the government beat her to it.

What she can do though is do her part to help empty the drug enforcement coffers, and then go spend it all buying us all rounds at the bar thereby funneling that money back into the local economy!!! YAY!!! It's a win-win!! Meet you there!!

--------------------
:orly:

Invisibledanamine
oldster
Male

Loc: MA
Re: College student sues over mistaken drug arrest [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5154800 - 01/08/06 03:19 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It's funny but in the resedential facility I used to work for, we used to have the kids make stress balls with balloons and flour. It was a good arts and crafts activity and it fanctions adequately as a stress-ball. Whoever said, because she isn't a druggy and thus doesn't have the paranoid druggy thoughts that lots of us do, is absolutely right. Most normal people don't think the way we do, thinking of anything we do or posess that could be misconstrued as drug-related, because we're overtly aware of how our actions could be misinterprated by the wrong person. John Q. Public doesn't think this way at all. We're just paranoid because of all the shite we stuff in our brains.

-Dan

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale