Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

workout plan (fuck)
    #5114453 - 12/28/05 07:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't been working out or eating properly in a long time, I have an ectomorphic body type and the metabolism of a hummingbird so when I slack on this shit I end up losing a lot of weight.

My diet will be the based on the basic formula, 2grams protein per lb of bodyweight/ 4g's carbs per lb.

(I need some ideas about food though, getting bored of the same old shit)

I will workout for two 30 minute sessions every other day. The first will be smaller weight, higher repetition. The second will be higher weight, smaller repetition.

Also, I will do 15-20 minutes of basic excercises like pushups and situps when I wake up on the workout days, in addition to brief isometric stretches done everyday throught the day.

I plan to quit smoking cigarettes.

I also plan to start running a few times a week and trying to maximize my speed and endurance greatly, I'd like to be able to run 10 miles+ a day without affecting me. If I ran two miles right about now I'd probably be sore and beat all day.

Anyway, fuck yeah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: workout plan (fuck) [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #5114487 - 12/28/05 08:14 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You're going against conventional wisdom.

There are three types of workouts:

1. Bulking up with muscle growth and getting stronger and bigger.
2. Taking the muscle you have and making it very lean and defined.
3. Making your heart healthy by doing cardio stuff (running, etc..)

While you are doing #1, it is best not to do #2 and #3. The only way to do #1 is to eat a shitload of food, lift really heavy weights, allow time to heal, and don't do a lot of cardio (because you'll just burn all of the energy you took in).

My suggestion to you is to eat six full meals a day (well over 3,000 calories). Lift really heavy weights and do different muscle groups on different days. You will get stronger and bigger...and you will also get some fat on you. But, once you reach your desired bulk you can do #3 exercises and get rid of that chub in no time.

Anonymous #1

Re: workout plan (fuck) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #5114492 - 12/28/05 08:19 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

ahhh

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5114499 - 12/28/05 08:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thats actually pretty good, healthy advice for a drug forum.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #5115350 - 12/28/05 01:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Protein powder
Cottage Cheese
Nuts
All Natural Peanut Butter
Eggs
Bacon
Oats
Tuna
Mac and Cheese
Vitamin D Milk
Red meat
Beef jerky

I will share with you a weight gain shake that I invented as well.

2 cups of whole milk
2 scoops of protein powder
Tbsp of olive oil
Tbsp of flaxseed oil
1 cup of oats
2 big scoops of all natural peanut butter
Ice cubes

I don't remember exactly how much, but that shake is loaded with cals, protein, and essential fats.

And as Randal said, skip the cardio.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: workout plan (fuck) [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5115725 - 12/28/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

(sorry reply to paradis)

you don't need to work out that much, you body won't be repairing as much as it should before your next workout, an 1 hour a week is all that is needed, 2 half hour sessions 4 days apart, doing maximum weights that your body can handle and doing 1 set of 12 reps,

leg press
lunges
seated rows
lat pull down
bench press

make sure to do warm up sets before you get into it. always work on combination muscle groups instead of single muscle groups cus that is just a waste of time and effort.
i've only had 5 PT training sessions like that and have noticed a major difference in weight and body.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Edited by spudamore (12/28/05 03:40 PM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: workout plan (fuck) [Re: spudamore]
    #5116201 - 12/28/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Err... an hour a week? Maybe if you're a chick.

If you're an ectomorph and want to gain weight, do yourself a favor and work out properly and consistantly. I'm in the same boat as you and I've finally started putting off mass and it stays on. A week or even a few days rest and thennnn it starts quickly coming off again.

Don't slack. It just sucks to lose so much progress.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Re: workout plan (fuck) [Re: browndustin]
    #5116275 - 12/28/05 05:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

2 half hour sessions is all one needs if you are doing a full body work out. its enough to keep your sore till your next training session, and since i have been training this way with my PT all my exercises have jumped over 70lbs more than when i first started.

--------------------

Edited by spudamore (12/28/05 05:58 PM)

Anonymous #1

#5117879 - 12/29/05 04:46 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

How long is that though?

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #5117896 - 12/29/05 05:02 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

30 mins a session, at twice a week, so i have been doing it just over 2 weeks, already have put on 10kgs and my weights have jumped 70lbs on top of what i was already doing. but that doesn't include warm down and stretches.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5119405 - 12/29/05 03:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't stick to full body workouts for very long though.

Work out on a 4 or 5 day split. Chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms and cardio are fine for most people who just want to stay in shape and put on some lean mass. If we're talking about real body building then there are plenty of resources on the net that you can find. Try them all out and see what works for you, and of course switch things up now and again.

The last FLEX magazine had a weird article about full body workouts and overtraining. Sounds pretty neat. Once I get back in the swing of things (Was out of the country for 2 weeks, came back and all the good gyms are closed for the holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I'll try it out. My brother did a similar routine... switched to full body workouts for about a month and a half, went back to his 5 day split and put on at least 10lbs, inchs all over his body and tons more weight on his bench, squat and deadlift. Always keep your body guessing!

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #5119438 - 12/29/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:

i still don't understand why. from what my sister has taught me and my PT this is one of the best ways to work out.

--------------------

Edited by spudamore (12/29/05 03:52 PM)

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5121521 - 12/30/05 08:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

spudamore said:
Quote:

browndustin said:

i still don't understand why. from what my sister has taught me and my PT this is one of the best ways to work out.

full body workouts is the way to go. every time you tear a muscle, your nuts releases testosterone which helps repair and build the muscle or energy or whatever. anyhow. testosterone (natural) is good, and the larger the muscle which is torn, the more which is released. since your legs are like the biggest muscles in your body, thats when the most testosterone will be released. and since it circulates through your blood flow, it will help all other muscles of your body.

technically, you can just do leg workouts and the rest of your body will gain strength, etc from it. do a full body workout and its the best there is.  :thumbup:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: workout plan (fuck) [Re: eligal]
    #5123073 - 12/30/05 03:17 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, but it's been tried, tested and true mang. When it comes to isolating a muscle, focusing on it and doing compound movements you're still working other muscles and you've got a system for letting the others recover. There's a million different routines and you should try them all, but for the most part, full body workouts are mostly for girls who just want to tone.

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying and if you find that full body workouts are the best, stick with them for sure. Legs, chest and back are the biggest muscles so you'll DEFINITELY want to include squats (Both hack and front), chest presses or bench and deadlifts. God damn they will improve your gain. With proper rest, you'll be able to naturally increase your testosterone production just like you said. It's crazy. I've actually noticed that I'm a lot more agressive when I work out or make love, and I feel a lot sharper. I can't explain it.

I don't really know if I'm ever going to be sold when it comes to full body workouts. I'm for sure going to go on one once I catch up on my game, but all the bodybuilders I've met in my life say it's good to switch it up, but they'd go on a split over full body any day of the week. All the PT's you talk to will advocate full body workouts and wussy routines. I'd say, just do your own homework and you'll find what works best.

When my little brother's having a shitty gym session either because he's too spent, no carbs, or whatever factor's screwing him up he'll just do a full body workout and get a really good pump. Maybe work out the front of his body, and work out the back of his body the next day or other day to get blood flowing. Then alternate between hot and cold showers to further promote vasodialation and top it off with a good post meal and shake. If you're going to have a shitty day, might as well make the best of it. I usually do this too.

I'm actually really anticipating the day when I start my full body workout routine. My body will be slaughtered no doubt, and I know I will lose a lot of strength when I first start... but after I recover, then switch back to a split I'm hoping my gains will really improve. A bb'er I know did this before I read that article in FLEX so I'm really stoked.

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #5123124 - 12/30/05 03:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

wussy? what ever you think, its far from wussy if you had a chance to do this routine with a good trainer you would be far gone after 10 minutes.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5123445 - 12/30/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Any full body routine can definitely get tough, but there's lots of factors like recovery that you have to take into consideration. What I said wasn't meant to be offensive, it just seems like from what absolutely every serious bb'er says it's ineffective to stick with full body workouts forever.

There's only a very small handful of ifbb pro's that actually advocate anyone doing full body workouts. But like I said, everyone's different, if it works for you then that's cool, but I would never really recommend it to anyone, especially if they're just starting out. :naughty:

PT's are something that I've never really experienced because they all vary from one to another. And it wouldn't be worth it to pay for one only to find out they're just some jackass who went to school for two weeks to get a cert. My friend who trains really hard for female fitness comps has a few PT's, but they're all amatures (and one pro) who coach her for free just because she's so gnarly. THEN I'd definitely hit up a PT. Do you pay yours? If so, how much?

I wish I had pics of my friend... she's hot as fuck. Just got breast implants which suprises the hell out of me because she's super conservative as well.

--------------------

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
    #5123661 - 12/30/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i pay only $20 for a session but is a good friend of mine, and thats for about 45mins thats including warmups the training session, a few floor exercises for core balance, stretch down.

how hard he trains me is worth the money, neaerly to the point that i can't lift my limbs or start to feel sick.

--------------------

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5124782 - 12/30/05 11:49 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That's good. Someone who pushes you consistantly is very hard to find. Even good buddies who have the best motivational skills seem to let ya down at times.

If I had the money, or had a membership at the top dolla gyms around here it'd be cool to work with some of the trainers. There's some really cool guys at this upscale gym/spa, but the crowd there is full of total wanks. Kinda sucks that they waste their time at those gyms.

Anyways, just had a great arm workout. I'm stoked to be back in town and working out again, it's a really good passtime. Something we can probably completely agree on eh

--------------------

OfflineErickson
Resident
    #5124800 - 12/30/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I work out.

--------------------
Fortune Favors The Bold.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
    #5125141 - 12/31/05 02:18 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

browndustin said:
Yeah, but it's been tried, tested and true mang. When it comes to isolating a muscle, focusing on it and doing compound movements you're still working other muscles and you've got a system for letting the others recover. There's a million different routines and you should try them all, but for the most part, full body workouts are mostly for girls who just want to tone.

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying and if you find that full body workouts are the best, stick with them for sure. Legs, chest and back are the biggest muscles so you'll DEFINITELY want to include squats (Both hack and front), chest presses or bench and deadlifts. God damn they will improve your gain. With proper rest, you'll be able to naturally increase your testosterone production just like you said. It's crazy. I've actually noticed that I'm a lot more agressive when I work out or make love, and I feel a lot sharper. I can't explain it.

I don't really know if I'm ever going to be sold when it comes to full body workouts. I'm for sure going to go on one once I catch up on my game, but all the bodybuilders I've met in my life say it's good to switch it up, but they'd go on a split over full body any day of the week. All the PT's you talk to will advocate full body workouts and wussy routines. I'd say, just do your own homework and you'll find what works best.

When my little brother's having a shitty gym session either because he's too spent, no carbs, or whatever factor's screwing him up he'll just do a full body workout and get a really good pump. Maybe work out the front of his body, and work out the back of his body the next day or other day to get blood flowing. Then alternate between hot and cold showers to further promote vasodialation and top it off with a good post meal and shake. If you're going to have a shitty day, might as well make the best of it. I usually do this too.

I'm actually really anticipating the day when I start my full body workout routine. My body will be slaughtered no doubt, and I know I will lose a lot of strength when I first start... but after I recover, then switch back to a split I'm hoping my gains will really improve. A bb'er I know did this before I read that article in FLEX so I'm really stoked.

nice comment :thumbup:

its true that once youve been doin a full body workout for a while then you should start isolating muscles when working out. once youre body is used to making more testosterone then it will continue to do this longer while youre resting. this meaning, that the day before you work the muscles wanted, you first work out the largest muscles, and the testosterone will continue to be released all the way through to the next day.
so basically the leg workout from yesterday will still help todays workout.

another way of doing it is doing a small leg workout in the morning. then rest and have lunch and recuperate. and in the afternoon or evening do the rest. (obviously very time consuming...)

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder