Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineesin
cheesefondue
 User Gallery

Loc: Lysergia
broken cake
    #510943 - 01/05/02 11:47 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

As i was birthing a cake for the first time (rye cake, BTW), it fell on the aquarium floor and broke in half (the last time i had shaked it it didn't get too compressed and kinda had cavities and mountains and stuff like that in it). The upper part had 11-12 pins in it and only 2 on the lower part. I joined them as they were before. 24hours later (which was testerday) the pins had grown a bit and had started to move the small caps away from the cake. Today i didn't notice any growth. Is this normal (i don't know if you can notice growth everyday because this is my first time), or are the shrooms going to die?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCabee
Re: broken cake [Re: esin]
    #510970 - 01/05/02 12:23 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Why did you shake the cake if you were going to birth it in a aquarium and (i'm guessing) fruit shrooms from whole cakes?The cakes right before you birth them should be all white with a bunch of pins . Shaking is for casing so as to evenly distribute the white stuff through the substraight.I'm still new at all this but i have read alot off this forum and the grow section so i hope im giving you the right advice . Anyway...if the cake is intact leave it alone and folow the pf tek steps of misting and fanning every day. Peace

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: broken cake [Re: Cabee]
    #510987 - 01/05/02 12:41 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

He didn't shake anything, the cake felt on the aquarium bottom when birthing and broke. As a newbie i'll correct some stuff so you can get a better idea of some procedures.
You don't have to wait untill you see pins to birth cakes, some let pinning stage ocur invitro but normally birthing is done before pinning.
Shaking is not for casings, shaking is used to evenlly distribute spores or growing mycelium on grain substrates and normally grain substrates are used later on casings. Keep reading and learning, you'll do better help next time ;)
As for this particular cake, i think you're right about it, leave inside the terrarium and continue if nothing had happened.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #511160 - 01/05/02 03:30 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Was it fully colonized? I don't see how a cake could break in half, the ones I have seen are wound like a ball of yarn...

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Offlinemystic1
addict
    #511275 - 01/05/02 05:14 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

i read somwhere along the way. a tek about breaking cakes in half once they are like 2 weeks into 100% colonization. (just to make sure the cake is colonized all the way through). shakeing isn't for casing you don't shake a casing that would be silly. like he/she said sakeing is for grain substrates. i always have noiticed growth everyday. but don't get worried if you don't see any growth in like 3 days then i would worry a little bit. but check conditions and every thing should be fine

--------------------
realize,realize,realize
real eyes, realize, real lies
http://www.shroomery.org/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=399368&fpart=1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck