Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Big trouble with grass seed
    #5107950 - 12/26/05 04:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Grrr, I've got a LC of Mexicana ready to go, but this damn rye grass seed is giving me a fit. I originally soaked it for 24 hours in water/coffee (50/50). It seemed dry. I thought perhaps it only looked dry. I PCed it. The next day I open the PC and can see a light area at the top, the grass seed wasn't nearly wet enough and had dried out near the top.

So, I put 1/3 cup of water in one of the quarts and PCed it (the jars are full except for the last inch... it's for truffles). Now the bottom 2 inches are so wet that the seeds burst during the cook. It's a real mess at the bottom, but the top only seems a little more moist.

I could assume that the grass seed burst only because I PCed it twice (or because I used too much water between the soak and the 1/3 cup). This is because several teks suggest adding seed and water to the jar and PCing. Such a tek would also leave the bottom of the jar very wet... but it wouldn't cause the seeds to burst right?

I'm going to start small, PC one jar with measured seed and water, and PC one jar that has soaked for 48 hours (I hope this won't germinate them). But any advice on this difficult to prepare substrate would be greatly appreciated.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Big trouble with grass seed [Re: Rahz]
    #5108574 - 12/26/05 07:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

follow this tek
http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23365

theres no need to soak the seeds. just measure the right amounts of water and seed, pc it, and shake like hell while theyre still hot. its worked well for me. good luck

--waixingren

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Big trouble with grass seed *DELETED* [Re: Rahz]
    #5108578 - 12/26/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by dr0mni

Reason for deletion: ...

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: Big trouble with grass seed [Re: dr0mni]
    #5109246 - 12/26/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

>>>>I PC'd some RGS recently and found that it is so incredibly simple it's unbelievable!

Are you taunting me? :evil:

hehe, ok, ok, I'll stick to the tek  :mad:

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds