Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRedFluX
Friend
Loc: Berkeley
Ego, Self, and Psychadelics
    #505571 - 12/31/01 01:14 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

I've been reading some Jung lately because i seem to have taken an interest in dreams, so i thought i'd share this, i found it quite interesting.

First a few defs:
Self:
1) The psyche as a whole, functioning as a unit;
2) the central archetype of order, when viewed from the point of view of the ego; and
3) the arhcetypical basis of the ego

i assume you know what the ego is (what we refer to as "I")

anywho...

If the ego is able to experience its connection to the self, an ego-self axis is formed and the ego thereafter has a more abiding sense of its relation to the very core of the psyche. But if a weak or undeveloped ego has this experience, it may be assimilated by the Self, appearing as psychic inflaction and the loss of a clear standpoint in conciousness, or, at worst, temporary psychosis.

The frequent experience of "being God" when taking psychadelic drugs such as LSD and psilocybin is an experience by the drugged ego of its archetypal core in the Self, but without sufficient grounding in reality to establish a stable ego-Self axis.

Very insteresting...I agree with Jung here and am enjoying reading his works...i reccomend reading them.

Excerpt is from a book called Jungian Dream Interpretation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Ego, Self, and Psychadelics [Re: RedFluX]
    #505589 - 12/31/01 01:26 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

That's amazing, that's just what I was thinking without the words... you know? I've been thinking about that for days on end but never put it into words. Amazing really. I'm a little messed up right now, and my memory seems to be failing me, but as I read that it was sort of like running it over a scanner... I don't remember the words, but I know exactly what the code contained... Alas, it probably won't remain in my conscious thoughts for much longer. Did I just say alas?

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #507592 - 01/02/02 11:14 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Too weird!!! I was going to post a question about this and here's the answer to my question!!! I had a really hard trip and totally lost touch with reality for like six hours. I can't describe the hallucinations because it was like they occurred outside time, space, and perception. When I returned to normal senses---I kept thinking about the ego...

Hey! Let-go-of-my-ego!

...Tannis

OfflineStrangeDays
Bob
    #508578 - 01/03/02 01:12 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

In reply to you're subject heaing..

You might enjoy reading "The Psychedelic Experience" (can be easily found on the net)..

OfflineDayMoon
Loc: Tennessee
Re: Ego, Self, and Psychadelics [Re: StrangeDays]
    #509144 - 01/03/02 04:41 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Thank You! Very nice way of putting it.

--------------------
Veteran Cosmic Rocker :cool:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Ego, Self, and Psychadelics [Re: DayMoon]
    #509846 - 01/04/02 04:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

yes ineed. the ego, maybe i needs to be redefined. as not "I" but rather the barrier, a bubble, a container, like a psychedelic skin, intangeble by conventoal metaphors however as it does not exist in the way a physical structure or even an idea exists.
lets indulge my (and some of you aleady do) Delusion for a bit.
lets just say that it is a river, water, all is river and chaos Out of chaos was born will, this will chose to be ignoant of its finate infinity (it can be evrything, all, forever and thats the end of it) By being evrything, one must also be nothing. thus negating all reality. so as a protector, the Will of the water gave birth to personality, ignorant coping mechanisms, just as an abused child manifests multiple peronalities to cope with his or her OWN existnce. Now, Abused by the raging and exhausting Dividualty of a paridoxial flow of time Vs Anti Time. WHAT TO DO?
Look around. were medicated, were learning to cope with our disability, finding balence by searching for meathods to have our divinity and maintain our individualty. Guidelines are slowly being reveiled and all will become one. tomorrow I might be the only one. i wont be the same "me" as defiend by the ego, nor will it be tomorrow as defined by time.
what key this humble avatar has to offer you and myself in turn is one peice of advice. love thyself and not thine image. and not others as though they are not OF YOU. those you care for, AS WELL AS THOSE YOU DO NOT. are not others, they are not reflections, nor is circumstance, soul, and well....ALL that is and isnt.
its you baby. its me too.
as we go, we can let go of our separate personalities. But only after finding inner love. for without the lonesome individual. we can never know the oposite.
its really rather simple when fear is removed. allow your RAGING selective amnesia to DIE and your mind and the truth can live.
this is the step THRoUGH the door at which we stand scared, confused, and unsure. having temporarily crossed the threashold with a safety line firmly attached. we KNOW just what awaits.
FEAR NOT for just as we have created ourselves to keep ourselves company. we have created all those bothesome things, governent, money, laws, religeon, guilt, etc. to keep us "here and now"
if you can let go, let life slip away.then youve transended fear.
but this state wont have a way back.
its death. we make animals and loved ones die so we fear death. it truly is as they say "part of gods plan"
what im explining is gods plan the way ive seen it. the way GOD himself told me when we were one, when we were there.
at the raging waters of infinity, eyes ripped open.
there is power in what we can accept and noting but failure in what we fear.
you know what? i cant beleive you're still writing this. but you are, and neither can you.
oh you may have your suspicions, but you are still able to categorize them as suspicions.
cmon baby. wake the fish.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Re: Ego, Self, and Psychadelics [Re: Mitchnast]
    #509914 - 01/04/02 07:52 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Your response is great!
But help me out a little. Are you saying love yourself for who you ARE (a state of BEING) and that this is apart from any IMAGE we HOLD (in our minds) or which we PROJECT (out to others)? Is that IMAGE the ego? Is ego death the loss or destruction of the IMAGE which leaves only the state of BEING?

...Tannis??????????????????????

Hey! Let-go-of-my-ego!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Ego, Self, and Psychadelics [Re: Tannis]
    #510720 - 01/05/02 01:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

the answer you seek is you. it is also the question so long as you doubt your own substance.
what is sanity?
my oppinion is tha sanity is a lack of absolute conviction. ambivilance, thinking along a set of guidelines that follow a well-beaten path through uncertainty and keeping your eyes on the road. now if smething caught your attention away from this path. say, a rabbit, and you chased it, and it lead you far enough away that you could not return, and if you could the path has changed while othrs walked it. you would never be truly "sane" never truly one of may, but rather an outsder. here is where you learn that once you leave the path, it is best to STAY away from it embrace those who also leave.
how? wander farther and farter point your nose towards the strongest odor of unfammiliar scents and walk. you will find thee will be others looking for you, hell, you might find me on this lack o roads, and if you find something good, perhaps the path you left will become well beaten by those who follow you. sir rabbit.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #510742 - 01/05/02 02:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

can you put it in to small words, and have some pictures with arrows pointing :D

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Ego, Self, and Psychadelics [Re: tak]
    #510755 - 01/05/02 03:00 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

you might ne more into Jack T Chick :)

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #510913 - 01/05/02 11:10 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Mitchnast----

Let's see if I have this straight...

Are you in so many (well stated) words... saying that, I the traveler... should "get lost"... embrace the adventure of the new territory and maybe join the traveling show--- if I should find it?????? That doing this-would result in the ego being left behind in some family plot of a distant cemetry?????? ....Tannis

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#511581 - 01/05/02 09:47 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

no cemetary nessisary when you are tat alive. it will fill evry part of you, freedom is eternal, any less falls short, aim your nose at freedom and wlk, trust me, others will ollow, teach them to lead when they catch up to you, then each will go his or her own way, this is how martial arts mastes cast thei influence down through generations, the successor. the one who can take the pebble, fact is, the mster LETS his bst pupil snatch it, an the oters will have no jelousy because e earned it.
me? ilet evryone grab that pebble and be masters because evryone has the capacity for freedom. :)
i snatched the pebble, and this is part my masters influence, and part mine, isnt life grand?

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #512990 - 01/07/02 08:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Mitchnast---

Thanks for the clarity! No time for burials, let the dead bury their dead. The party starts here.....!!!!!! ....Tannis

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#513071 - 01/07/02 10:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

maybe the problem is we keep burying the unsightly and dead.
we have alot of skelitons tucked away in the earth we walk on, why keep burying our dead, i say,let them lay upon the earth, tet thm mingle into nauture again.
it could be le chia-grand-pa
you just spread on the maggots and watch him decompose! hours of fun,

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#513073 - 01/07/02 10:23 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

whats cheaper, dirt or maggots? they cost the same but durt is to much work!

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #513157 - 01/07/02 12:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

My last trip (two days ago) I realized the worst part of my life was when I felt like I was dieing for 30 mins during that trip... It was the most horrible feeling I have ever had. I died during that time... and I lost my fear of death and I gained a hunger and a respect for MY LIFE... I'm resurrected from the fear of hell and death... I've been there... it was worse than I imagined... and yet I survived to live... Now I choose to live anew among men who dare to dream- to see- to experience... I am alive... and it is the best thing that has ever happened to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .....Tannis

OfflineStrangeDays
Bob
    #518070 - 01/12/02 12:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#518130 - 01/12/02 03:08 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

guess what dude, youre still there, you will slowly realize this in time. :)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder