Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Need some input regarding conversion from boy to man
    #5106591 - 12/26/05 04:04 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

In prior times, I'm guessing that it was smoother for young men to become (and "know") that they had become a "man" by their own definition, and by society's definition.

Today, it seems that this subject is not only more difficult to deal with for some, it is also difficult to even discuss.

I'd like to hear as much on this as possible. Have any fathers out there done something, had a special event for their son, etc - in order to highlight their son becoming a man or to encourage the mindset of a man in your son? Was their a particular conversation you had and what was said exactly? What would you say to someone who seems, no -is- stuck in the stages of development?

Thank you for reading this and for any input you give.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Need some input regarding conversion from boy to man [Re: World Spirit]
    #5106638 - 12/26/05 05:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Initiation has elements of control and pursuasion. One can be initiated into a club and then expected to abide by the rules. Initiation could thereby be an imprisonment of sorts, sort of like being mortared into a pyramid.

I think it is important for initiates to be aware of how their mindsets may be being manipulated, and I think it is important for initiates to have the courage to say "stop!" and then extricate themselves

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5106871 - 12/26/05 08:20 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5107203 - 12/26/05 11:05 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

boy to man - its an artificial division. people grow gradually, some faster than others. IMO its better to accept that than try to define some moment at which one becomes a man.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds