Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
The moment of initiation
    #5106086 - 12/25/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I recently had a child pass the mark from adolescence to adulthood. This child has been raised to have an open mind, but programmed to seek life over death at all cost. This teenager had made it to 18 without ever having an experience with an illegal substance due to my constant guidance (and many tiresome, though not vain, lectures). Then at her 18th birthday I threw all of that away and invited her to have a strong entheogenic experience. My wife had many misgivings about this. It went against her own upbringing...not giving drugs directly to ones child is a strong societal pressure, but in the end she could not think of a rational reason not to do this. My daughter was given the choice without pressure, but she eagerly accepted the proposal after a few questions had been answered. I was thankful that she asked the questions before consenting...it showed my programming had been thorough. I introduced her to what would be considered a level 4 psychedelic experience. The set and setting was appropriate. She was accompanied by her parents on this journey. Since concluding this experience several months ago she has developed a keen interest in choosing a spiritual path to follow in her life. As a parent did I do right...or did I fuck up?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: The moment of initiation [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #5106122 - 12/25/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You did a very admirable thing in my opinion. I'm sure she will be eternally grateful to you for the initiation. It's nice to hear about a parent doing something of this nature.

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: it stars saddam]
    #5106262 - 12/25/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

put it this way, if you had been my parent i would be eternally greatful, im sure she will be the rest of her life

i wish my parents were a bit more openminded in their experiences, but my father is too set in his ways and my mother i believe is simply not aware enough to approach where i am... well neither are i suppose but alas, i digress

im curious as to what chemical/plant her experience was exactly?

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

InvisibleDragonaut

#5106284 - 12/25/05 11:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What a piece of shit.

You actually gave drugs to your own child? SCUMBAG!

--------------------
:dragon:

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: TheGus]
    #5106296 - 12/25/05 11:47 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

...an indole based hallucinogen.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: Dragonaut]
    #5106300 - 12/25/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Thank You for your kind assesment.  :thumbup:

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (12/25/05 11:54 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #5106320 - 12/25/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

As a parent did I do right...or did I fuck up?

Who here could possibly know more than you and your daughter?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: Swami]
    #5106324 - 12/25/05 11:57 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Many would assume to know more. I am just giving them their say. By the way WTF is Elf Knowledge?

--------------------

OfflineTheGus
The Walrus

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: TheGus]
    #5106334 - 12/26/05 12:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i think you did a wonderful job, at least your relatively responsible, and you tried to point her in the right direction as best you could, rather than being a closed minded commie whore

you deserve a thumbs up in my book

--------------------
"It is easier to teach a computer to play chess than to build a mudpie."Sherry Turkle Life on the Screen: Identity in the Age of the Internet
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts"-Einstein
:mrt: I pity the fool who break traffic laws with $870,000 of drugs in the car.      -mo0nlite_sonata
Psythos

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #5106368 - 12/26/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

She had a psychedelic experience in the presence and support of her loving parents...that's like, my never-to-be-realized DREAM. I'd say you did well.  :smile: :thumbup:  (and gave me some thoughts about my own way future approach in parenting)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #5106389 - 12/26/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Nice. The psychedelic experience should be a rite of passage. Well done.

Did she experience difficulty on her trip, or was it all easy going?

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: Revelation]
    #5106418 - 12/26/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It was all easy going. She has been an unconventional sort for years. It seemed as natural as breathing to her...and I suspect it was. Most of the difficulties people experience while on psychedelics centers on societal disaproval, but in this case you had parents (representations of societal authority) approving the experience.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: MOTH]
    #5106420 - 12/26/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"Now you know that you are real,
Show your friends that you and me
Belong to the same world,
Turned on to the same word,
Have you heard?
Have you heard?" --The Moody Blues

--------------------

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#5106440 - 12/26/05 01:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

How do you know shes never done drugs, that sounds like a typical parent comment. But secondly, how was she before she became interested in spirituality, the only reason id be concerned as a parent, is if my child was a good physicist or something, then suddenly became interested in weird spirituality, that would personally destroy me.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The moment of initiation [Re: TheCow]
    #5106446 - 12/26/05 01:37 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Because at every turn I have given her the chance to tell me her actions without consequences. This is so I know what they are doing. On top of this, she has not been allowed to drive my car without a parent present, and we have always monitored her friends closely. This is not typical parent self delusion...I was a child who took advantage of such parents. You can't bullshit a bullshitter. I maintain fine control of my childrens actions when they are minors. I am a very strict, but open parent. Note: the term spiritual does not mean unseen bullshit, but a life philosophy. I don't care what her philosophy is as long as she has one. Before this she was a creative child. She wants to be a writer and language arts teacher...and she still does.

--------------------

OfflineDeviate
    #5106521 - 12/26/05 02:20 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

spiritual:

1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material. See Synonyms at immaterial.
2. Of, concerned with, or affecting the soul.
3. Of, from, or relating to God; deific.
4. Of or belonging to a church or religion; sacred.
5. Relating to or having the nature of spirits or a spirit; supernatural.

spiritual means more than simply a life philosophy. my life philosophy could be to do as much heroin as i can before i die and kill jews. i hardly think that would be considered spiritual.

maybe you could tell us a little bit about your daughters new philosophy so we could form our own opinions about it? if you don't wish to share that i understand, i'm just curious (i'm always interested to hear how psychedelics affected people).

Edited by Deviate (12/26/05 02:40 AM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: The moment of initiation [Re: Deviate]
    #5106589 - 12/26/05 03:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the material = non spiritual (inanimate)

the material, from more than one view = spiritual ..

the materials movements = soul/spiritual ...

/mindless rant..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#5106656 - 12/26/05 05:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I get the feeling there is something you're not telling us.

If all went well, and nothing but good came out of this, then why the concern? What entheogen did she take?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #5106771 - 12/26/05 07:21 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think she will be okay :wink:
:thumbup:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5106848 - 12/26/05 08:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for sharing this story Hue. I really doubt that you are seeking opinions on this so I won't. That must have been a wonderful experience for you and your wife and daughter.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom