Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
The Secrets of Shaking Cracked Corn
    #5104798 - 12/25/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Many people say they have a hard time with it, and it shouldn't even be used because its so damn gunky and stuff. This is because people don't do it right.
My method, that btw is totally full proof, is simple as heck and very usefull. The same concept can even be applied to other substrates that have been over hydrated (aka sticky, goopy, ect)
And here it is:

1) Shake the jar as soon as you can take it out of the pressure cooker safely. Shake it up and down, so it makes a chode like clump (lol) on the bottom. Then hold the top of the jar and shake it so the sides are going up and down. And on the down stroke, make the jar hit your hand.
Doing the above will evenly space out the corn (or whatever) quite a bit, but it will still be a bit goopy. If you over do this step, it will compress into a more elongated cylindrical shape, compared to the afore mentioned chode.

2) Now let the jars sit in a cool place, like a cement floor or similar. It is very important that they cool in a cool place, don't set them in the incubator to cool down.

3) The next day, the jars should (if they are corn that is, I don't know about other subs) look like they have dried out sugar water or something on the inside of the glass. If they look like that, then that means you can now shake in the regular manner and this stuff will break up easy as pie.

The reason this works (what I think anyways) is because of the close to even distribution before cooling, it allows the condensation to soak back into the substrate, so it no longer is sticking to the insides of jars. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I know it works.

This is my Christmas Present to all the newbies on the shroomery, and to all the others who have troubles with there goopy corn (or other substrate).

:heart: Peace To All :heart:

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate