Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vermont USA
Hydrating Poo with Diluted Coffee
    #5098696 - 12/23/05 04:53 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

has it been done?
I mean, we all know the great things that coffee has done for grains and stuff, so why not try hydrating your dried poo with the standard 1/2 water and 1/2 coffee mix?
And if your doing Roadkills pasturization tek, why not use diluted coffee to fill the pan instead of normal water?
Im just throwing ideas around, but I can't get a hold of dried poo right now, so i would really encourage people to try this, I'd even supply the spores for who ever is willing to try it.

Maybe i could try it with some hay/straw that I have?

I think this could turn into something big, unless it's been done before.

Peace!

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5236115/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hydrating Poo with Diluted Coffee [Re: NESpores]
    #5099051 - 12/23/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

While coffee carries some nutrients, I fail to see how this could be of benefit to mycelium colonizing horse manure. Horse manure is already full of nutrients. Is there something I'm missing here?

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

Re: Hydrating Poo with Diluted Coffee [Re: Wronguy]
    #5099187 - 12/23/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

well as far as I know, the benneficial compounds (that sped up colonization dramatically, decreased time to pin, and increased flushes dramatically) were never found out.
here is a link to the coffee thread: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2283143/an/0/page/0

Im just saying, coffee did incredible stuff for those quart jars.
I think that doing a diluted coffee hydration could help out alot of people. As i said before, it made pins come early, more of them too, and it sped up colonization time.

Quote from the thread : Hippie, do they just seem more prominent to fruit/pin, or does colonization happen faster as well?
-----------------------------------
both.

What DOESN'T sound good about that?

--------------------
Did your grow fail, and now your out of spores? Problem Solved. Check out my CakeSaver Tek.

OfflineNESpores
Formerly MyLady
Male User Gallery

#5099204 - 12/23/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

oh yeah, read the stuff on the bottom of this page: http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/96317.html

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #5099304 - 12/23/05 07:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

The problem is that liquid coffee really should be sterilized because it's so prone to growing the green molds. Coffee grinds work fine in compost or manure, but liquid coffee should be avoided. It helps in grain jars because it gets sterilized. I tried hydrating with a pot of coffee several times in compost/manure substrates and had a higher rate of contamination with, than without it.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleJaeger
Dreamer
Re: Hydrating Poo with Diluted Coffee [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5099961 - 12/23/05 10:56 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

What about sterilizing some instant coffee in a sealed quart jar then adding to the h-poo substrate? Any benifits?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate