Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline888
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and Vitamin C [Re: OmegaRed]
    #5087691 - 12/20/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

vitamin c is essential to the bodies processes ... vitamin c is highly available in a variety of fresh vegetables and fruits. People are meant to eat foods with vitamin c throughout the day. Your body utilizes it fairly quickly so it isnt stored up. In my opinion most people are lacking the proper amount of vitamin c and other nutrients in their diet.

I think it makes a trip stronger. I bought some oarnges once that had a really high vitamin c content and I could feel the effects immediatly. I find really strong oarnges are better than coffee for waking me up in the morning.

There is research about vitamin c curing many diseases and viruses by boosting the bodies natural defenses. The idea is that people don't get enought vitamin c and thats why they even get sick. Honestly people don't eat fresh food enough.... everything is in a bag or a can. Nutrients are lost in every step of processing.

I find vitamin c mixed with water fixes a headache better than anything else.

I think it intensifies a trip by helping your body utilize and create chemicals. Enhances/supports the natural process.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sconny Botland Flag
Re: Shrooms and Vitamin C [Re: 888]
    #5088512 - 12/21/05 04:53 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Personally I think the whole thing about Vit C 'boosting' the immune system, helping the symptoms of the common cold, all of that is just crap.

It's placebo effect if you ask me - there is research but I don't buy it. The body just gets rid of Vit C too fast for large supplements to have any benefit.

Offline888
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms and Vitamin C [Re: LuciferSam]
    #5096676 - 12/23/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

The body doesnt get rid of it... it uses it.

If you take all vitamin c out of your diet you'll get sick. Thats why people who went on long ship voyages would take limes hence the term "limey" reffering to a sea going person. The simple comparisons in mortality rates on long sea voyages was enough to convince seasoned sailors to eat limes.

Offlinegotcha420haha
Not Available
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
Re: Shrooms and Vitamin C [Re: OmegaRed]
    #5099321 - 12/23/05 07:48 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

When i tripped, i had a big glass of OJ wit my mush sandwich, and it did not really intensify anything, just made my mouth taste good.

--------------------

"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag