Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50%
    #5097163 - 12/23/05 08:21 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: lonestar2004]
    #5097482 - 12/23/05 10:55 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

So? The American public has notoriously low standard when it comes to politicians, operating systems and public education. Hell, Bill Clinton had HIGHER approval ratings (except with only ONE polling organization and only for three months with that organization), and he didn't even have an attack to whip people up into a blind emotional frenzy. Remember, in polls as in voting, the voice of the hopelessly ignorant and short sighted counts just as much as the exquisitely informed and prudent. I guess if being a fifty percenter makes you proud, enjoy yourself.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #5097516 - 12/23/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Clinton didn't had a massive terrorist attack and a war.

WB

--------------------

OfflineProsgeopax
Jaded, yethopeful?

Loc: Appearing at a mall near ...
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5097546 - 12/23/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly, it is well known among pollsters that an attack and war intially INCREASES support for a sitting president. It is Bush's mismanagement afterwards which has allowed his support to erode so much.

--------------------
Money doesn't grow on trees, but deficits do grow under Bushes.

You can accept, reject, or examine and test any new idea that comes to you. The wise man chooses the third way.
- Tom Willhite

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change my opinions should I become aware of additional facts, the falsification of information or different perspectives. Articles written by others which I post may not necessarily reflect my opinions in part or in whole, my opinions may be in direct opposition, the topic may be one on which I have yet to formulate an opinion or have doubts about, an article may be posted solely with the intent to stimulate discussion or contemplation.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: Prosgeopax]
    #5097635 - 12/23/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

tragically..in this case the rasmussen poll is backed up by at least one other poll (that hasnt been kind to bush in the past)...according to the zogby poll..a majority of americans now favours the war in iraq and the NSA spying program..and prolly many others that werent in the poll...

with the radical right and its agenda of unchecked executive power continuing to gain popularity..its litte wonder that the so-called terrorists want to blow us up...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: Annapurna1]
    #5097720 - 12/23/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If it's at least half the population it can't really be called radical now can it?

Quote:

"with the radical right and its agenda of unchecked executive power continuing to gain popularity..its litte wonder that the so-called terrorists want to blow us up..."

Ahh now I understand......they attack us because the executive branch is too powerful. Who knew?

--------------------

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5097726 - 12/23/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

They hate us because we are losing our freedoms.

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5097844 - 12/23/05 01:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If it's at least half the population it can't really be called radical now can it?

Quote:

"with the radical right and its agenda of unchecked executive power continuing to gain popularity..its litte wonder that the so-called terrorists want to blow us up..."

Ahh now I understand......they attack us because the executive branch is too powerful. Who knew?

>> If it's at least half the population it can't really be called radical now can it?

the relevant definitions of "radical"..from dictionary.com ..

Quote:

1. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme: radical opinions on education.
2. Favoring or effecting fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radical political views.

the definitions do not preclude majority support for "radical"...

>> Ahh now I understand......they attack us because the executive branch is too powerful. Who knew?

precisely...in the words of OBL himself ..

Quote:

"I tell you freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people and the West in general will enter an unbearable hell and a choking life"

(CNN)...

and i can think of little else that fits that billing better than bushs' unchecked executive power...and with majority backing in a winner-take-all system..everyone becomes fair game..even if you did vote for john kerry...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#5097997 - 12/23/05 01:46 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

"I tell you freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people and the West in general will enter an unbearable hell and a choking life"

Well, I am glad that Bin Laden cares so much about my freedom and human rights but it didn't seem like he fought for those much under taliban rule in Afghanistan. If what I read is true, they have some issues with what you would call "women's rights" and so forth. Im not sure that you would like his proposed form of government.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: Catalysis]
    #5098190 - 12/23/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:
1. Departing markedly from the usual or customary; extreme: radical opinions on education.
2. Favoring or effecting fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radical political views.

You're kidding right?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5098269 - 12/23/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said

>> Ahh now I understand......they attack us because the executive branch is too powerful. Who knew?

precisely...in the words of OBL himself ..

Quote:

(CNN)...

and i can think of little else that fits that billing better than bushs' unchecked executive power...and with majority backing in a winner-take-all system..everyone becomes fair game..even if you did vote for john kerry...

From this

"BIN LADEN: The events of Tuesday, September the 11th, in New York and Washington are great on all levels. Their repercussions are not over. Although the collapse of the twin towers is huge, but the events that followed, and I'm not just talking about the economic repercussions, those are continuing, the events that followed are dangerous and more enormous than the collapse of the towers.

The values of this Western civilization under the leadership of America have been destroyed. Those awesome symbolic towers that speak of liberty, human rights, and humanity have been destroyed. They have gone up in smoke.

The proof came when the U.S. government pressured the media not to run our statements that are not longer than very few minutes. They felt that the truth started to reach the American people, the truth that we are not terrorists as they understand it but because we are being attacked in Palestine, Iraq, Lebanon, Sudan, Somalia, Kashmir, the Philippines and everywhere else. They understood the truth that this is a reaction from the youth of the Muslim nation against the British government. They forgot all about fair and objective reporting and reporting the other side of the issue. I tell you freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people and the West in general will enter an unbearable hell and a choking life because the Western leadership acts under the Zionist lobby's influence for the purpose of serving Israel, which kills our sons unlawfully in order for them to remain in their leadership positions. "

you draw the conclusion that OBL attacked us because the executive branch of the US government was too powerful relative to the legislature and the judiciary??????

Keep going Anna, your'e as perfect as John Dean and Pickles Pelosi and Harry Reid. If you didn't exist, I'd have to make you up.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5098287 - 12/23/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Quote:

You're kidding right?

MTT was right ..you really dont know how to read...where does either definition say "and backed only by a (small) minority of the population"??...

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #5098309 - 12/23/05 03:10 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Bin Ladens probable reasons of attacking the twin towers was probably because of Desert Storm. Osama had made predicitions on whether Saddam Hussein would invade Kuwait and eventually Saudia Arabia. He asked the Saudis if he could use homegrown Mujahadin from Afghanistan to attack Iraq. When he was sleighted by the Saudi family in favor US and coalition forces he saw it as a violation on Muslim lands. Our irresponsible foreign policy has also led to many of these actions. The insurmountable civilian casualty count has led to a situation where militants are being recruited faster then they can die.

And since everyone who lives in the united states or UK basically lives in a media shell they dont really read to much unbiased or objective information. Instead people read political banter painted as objective journalism which knows not to dwell on negativity because it equals bad ratings.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #5098326 - 12/23/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

majority of americans now favours the war in iraq and the NSA spying program

thats hard for me to swallow. i dont believe these polls that say 90% of people approve of phone tapping. I mean i saw the report on fox the other night, but that still doesnt mean shit to me. It was on o'reilly i believe.

fucking stupid fucking americans. Maybe its just because i usually doing something illegal, or badmouthing the government, but FUCK how could anyone be for phone tapping???

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: kotik]
    #5098415 - 12/23/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

more fun facts about americans:

-Less than half of American adults understand that the Earth orbits the sun yearly

-Only about 9% knew what a molecule was, and only 21% could define DNA.

-1/3 of Americans surveyed understood the effects of a thinning ozone layer

- 66% believed electrons are larger than atoms

-52% believed earliest human beings lived at the same time as the dinosaurs.

-25% believed sound travels faster than light

http://www.mdcbowen.org/p2/rm/stupidit.htm

"The society survey found that only about one in seven -- 13 percent -- of Americans between the age of 18 and 24, the prime age for military warriors, could find Iraq. The score was the same for Iran, an Iraqi neighbor.

Although the majority, 58 percent, of the young Americans surveyed knew that the Taliban and al Qaeda were based in Afghanistan, only 17 percent could find that country on a world map."

"Thirty-four percent of the young Americans knew that the island used on last season's "Survivor" show was located in the South Pacific, but only 30 percent could locate the state of New Jersey on a map. The "Survivor" show's location was the Marquesas Islands in the eastern South Pacific."

"When asked to find 10 specific states on a map of the United States, only California and Texas could be located by a large majority of those surveyed. Both states were correctly located by 89 percent of the participants. Only 51 percent could find New York, the nation's third most populous state."

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/EDUCATION/11/20/geography.quiz/

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

- H. L. Mencken

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: Rasmussen Poll: Bush @ 50% [Re: Catalysis]
    #5098465 - 12/23/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Catalysis said:
Quote:

Well, I am glad that Bin Laden cares so much about my freedom and human rights but it didn't seem like he fought for those much under taliban rule in Afghanistan. If what I read is true, they have some issues with what you would call "women's rights" and so forth. Im not sure that you would like his proposed form of government.

i dont know what kind of a civil libertarian OBL would make..given that he used to work for the CIA...however..the quote is definitely accurate..and i dont blame someone that doesnt want to live a choking life in the unbearable hell that bush&co and their toadys' are pushing...in fact..bush&co would make excellent taliban chieves...

and i too have some issues with "womens' rights" that have produced maggie thatcher.. condoleeza rice.. etc and have also played into the hands of the neocons in other ways...its quite true that the taliban forced us into abusive marriages against our will..but in neocon america..the role of the abusive husband has been taken over by big govt and big business in what george lakoff calls the strict father society.. leaving us not much better off...

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5098485 - 12/23/05 03:59 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

most americans are also extremely poor at critical reasoning and forming coherent arguments.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5098517 - 12/23/05 04:08 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Quote:

You're kidding right?

MTT was right ..you really dont know how to read...where does either definition say "and backed only by a (small) minority of the population"??...

I can read quite well. And think. I would say the first definition precludes characterizing even a large minority from being considered radical. Anna's absurdist definition is no doubt the 90% of the population that doesn't agree with Anna. And I sure don't see any indication of a Bushite revolution. The mothership is calling Anna and it says you aren't helping.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #5098670 - 12/23/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

no you cant read...it doesnt say anything about statistics...nor did i make up the definition either..unless i secretly own dictionary.com...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#5098758 - 12/23/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Do you understand the words "usual" or "customary"? Like I said earlier even a large minority would suffice to preclude the term radical. You are becoming a caricature.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order