Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAzulAgave
Has any one else had this happen?
    #508353 - 01/02/02 10:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I just prepared my own syringes and only one jar is kicking ass when its comes to sporulation. When I gave growing a run this time I used PF teks max fruiting formula. I also changed the vermiculite I used. The verm came from a florist in a 20 pound bag. Im a bit pissed at the fact that only four of my jars are doing anything mycelium wise. So far I have no signs of contames. Could I have used too much or too little water in my mix? And is there any sure fire way to know if there is too much or too little water? Im thinking I used too much water because I believe there was already some moisture content in the verm I got from the fucking florist. Has anyone else encountered this? If not I'll just have to nock up my jars with some more spores and sit tight and wait for signs of contames or signs of sporulation..... man this pisses me off.... If anyone else has experienced this let me know so I can be a bit relieved.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenobodycares42
addict

Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: AzulAgave]
    #508375 - 01/02/02 10:17 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I think I am having this happen right now. :(
I did the jars like 5 days ago.

OfflineDrAbeLincoln
enthusiast

#508539 - 01/03/02 12:27 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Be patient with them...before I built an incubation chamber I had some of my jars take over a week to show any growth

InvisibleFreefly
mycoman
    #508628 - 01/03/02 02:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

As long as the mixture was not dripping water it should not be too wet. patience,patience. Could be 5-15 days to show any signs of growth. Keep in dark at 80f.

FF

--------------------
XxXxFreeYourMindxXxX

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #508638 - 01/03/02 02:42 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Don't put more spores in it.
Use the spores on another Jar.

What temp are you keeping the jars in ?
Try 84 to 86 degrees....they do better.

Loosen the lids so they can breathe.

If the Verm is too moist you will know soon enough.
You will probably see some crap on the bottom.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleAzulAgave
Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: Roadkill]
    #508810 - 01/03/02 09:49 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the advice. The way the jars are behaving is just odd. The other times I have done this all sorts of shit was growing, contames and mycelium. Now there seems to be nothing. And the jars with mycelium it seems growth has stopped or there is some silent but deadly bacteria infesting everthing. This is a fucked up hobby. To many variables. Getting the temp up will be a bitch not to excited about possibly shelling out for a damn space heater.

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #508813 - 01/03/02 09:57 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ive got the same problem going with 4 (1) pint jars that i knocked up about 3 weeks ago. i have no growth, and there is moisture build up on the jars, there is no contamination, but i dont have an incubation chamber and my house is about 70. really sux

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #508815 - 01/03/02 09:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

"And is there any sure fire way to know if there is too much or too little water?"

You could sacrifice one jar. Lightly sniff out any contams, and break apart the cake in your hand to check for moisture content. Obviously, use one of the jars that is not colonising.

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Offlinenobodycares42
addict

Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: Roadkill]
    #509342 - 01/03/02 07:20 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Do they have to be in a temp of 80 to 86??? What is that coldest you can have them so that they will still work?

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: nobodycares42]
    #509390 - 01/03/02 08:00 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

from what everyone is saying, it has to be around 85 to start colonizing. 70-72 just seems to be to cold. 3 weeks is to long, even at 70 degrees, at least thats what i think. it must be a real slow strain i found in that headshop...unless its dead.

Offlinenobodycares42
addict

Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: MickyFinn]
    #509400 - 01/03/02 08:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

What if the temp goes over 85???? like around 90 or 95?

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: MickyFinn]
    #509405 - 01/03/02 08:14 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ok damn it. First off, keep your jars at 85 degrees(rule of thumb as some strains do better at different temps), second do not crack open your lid to provide air exchange unless you a) first get some good experience and b) have your jars at least 40% colonized. They don't need the exchange until then. You ask for contams if you do that. Why worry about how much water you have unless you didn't follow instructions to the T? 60 cc's is all that each jar requires for the maximum formula. If you had foil on the tops of the jars you should be fine. Get your spores from someone reputable like Ralph or Blahblahblah. You will get colonization at 70 degrees but it will be S-l-o-w. Some myc is slower than others. You don't need to fork out a whole bunch of cash to do this. Just go and get a 10$ fish tank aquarium heater. Read up on a incubation chamber. It's well worth it.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Anonymous

Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: nobodycares42]
    #509414 - 01/03/02 08:21 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Moisture content means alot when working with rice cakes. Too little moisture, the cakes dry out too fast, and if you get any growth at all, it will be mostly overlay. Too much moisture and the mycelium kind of drowns so it won't grow at all. This recipe How to make BRF cakes is very simple and works very well. I recommend using the coarse sized vermiculite, it seems to provide the perfect moisture content. As far as temps are concerned, the lower the temp the slower the growth. 85-86 is real good. Be vigilant, and never let the jars get up to 90 or above, this definitely cooks the mycelium. Peace

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: upupup]
    #509420 - 01/03/02 08:28 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ive all but about given up on those 4 (1) pint jars, but i do understand the colonization process is slow (especially around 70) but i havent quite given up yet, because of the last cc of that headshop syringe is germinating quite nicely in my karo solution.

InvisibleAzulAgave
Re: Has any one else had this happen? [Re: ]
    #509621 - 01/03/02 11:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I followed the PF Tek max fruiting formula to a T. And this is the first time I used my own spore prints. The strain is PF hawiian and this just seems a rediculously long time compared to what it usually takes when I order spores. I mean shit usually I have contames growing in my jars before I get mycelium..... I have nothing! How fucking annoying is that. Right now Im hoping for contames.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag