Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinewhythewho
outdoor mushroomfarmer
Male

Loc: .inside a t.hundercloud.
Re: SO this is LIFE????? [Re: Gomp]
    #5084108 - 12/19/05 11:02 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

does it all go on without us, or do we 'become' life? does death break down all the physical boundaries and we can become one with it all? i sure as hell hope so. i cant imagine non-existance... or existing after life, for that matter. i just wanna be.

--------------------
Spiral out.... keep going...
spiral out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: SO this is LIFE????? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5085507 - 12/20/05 11:17 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

This was great Markos;

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Transcend the rational mind, the transrational mind IS mystical - it is self-realizing - the mind knowing itself. This is what The Tibetan Book of the Great Liberation teaches (a great mystical text, translated by Evans-Wentz, with a preface by C.G. Jung).

The rational mind is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. It is but one 'mental muscle' in an entire 'body' of apperception.
The rational mind can conceive and construct a hydrogen bomb, but it cannot achieve peace either within or without. It is a tool and should not be worshipped as the framework of Reality.

I feel the same way about rationality, that it is a tool for building frameworks, not the master frame.

Ration will dull, flatten and minimize anything in a heartbeat. Like sand paper dulls, hammers flatten and saws cut size down, it is a tool for building the forms of reality we live in.

Rationality can give shape to things, it is not the shape of things itself.

Fop example, I got a late night phone call from someone I care about in a real pickle that was overwhelming her in a BAD way. I told her, she would have to apply heaps of ration and reason, to minimize the "real experience" of it for herself to be able to manage and deal with it.

When something overwhelms us mentally and emotionally in ANY way, good or bad, ration and reason can minimize it and make it NOT a big deal. AWESOME creative tools they are.

When it comes to those times, we are overwhelmed by the mystery, magical and mystical of life, and its WONDERFUL, uplifting, empowering and joyful, why the bleep would ANYONE in such moments, want to pull out the minimization tool of ration? It's like getting a sneak peek behind the curtain.

Spud, I want to ask you if you can consider that it is ration that creates the simple mind? Ration, when you really look at how we use it, reduces things down to the simplest forms thereby putting us into a simple minded places of being. Thats how I see it anyway.

When it comes down to simple being good or bad, thats a subjective call.

Walking to the store 5 miles away is a simple minded thing to do. You just start walking to get there. It's the only way a simple mind knows how to get there. A complex mind can create a a bicycle or automobile, which makes it even easier and faster to get to the store. A complex mind can provide us more options for accomplishing goals and tasks.

I'm not going to praise a simple mind over a complex mind or vice versa. Which one we want to be in depends on the goal at hand. Sometimes, simple math serves and other times, complex math serves.

The point is, is that from my view, it is the simple mind that NEVER knows the feeling of being astounded. A simple mind, doesn't have the space or complexity for astounding thoughts and feelings to arise. Without the feeling of being astounded, life can run flat and dull.

Sometimes, through becoming simple minded, making things flat and dull is good, like for my friend who was very overwhelmed by the potential complexity of her situation.

A musician can be simple minded, hit the B flat key for 3 hours making something very simple, dull and flat to listen to. For someone feeling negatively overwhelmed and scattered, it could give calming focus though.

A musician can compose a complex piece using all of the keys and play for 3 hours and make it an enthralling and mesmerizing experience. For someone feeling flat and dull with tunnel vision, stuck in a rut, it can give rise to motivating energy and inspiration for many new ideas.

On the one hand, a simple mind can not know the experience of being astounded. It's only when it allows complexities to pour in, and makes room for them and builds complex frameworks for the astounding to be realized within can it BECOME astounded.

Just another view on it.:heart:

BACK ON TOPIC;

I realize the post is old, though I can relate to what zipoz was saying better now. While I was out of town a lot recently and out of my routine, I often was just stepping back and noticing how other people live. I had the same "so this is life" thoughts feelings run through me. It went deeper. It was as if I was seeing the same observer self in everyone around me AND other selves of consciousness creating the life's they live within life itself. It was funny to me how so many virtual strangers do much the same way I do things and how many do things so differently.

It had me realizing how we have managed to form consensus realities we all share, "like the reality of the shroomery on a micro scale", and yet, what a completely different "real" experience the shroomery is for every member.

So, you have the subjective experience going on and its the only one we can know as individuals. Realizing that and how through attitude, how open or closed our perception is, what approach we take and choices we make etc, you realize how much power you have over creating your individual "reality " experience. That in itself was a mind fuck to me for years to realize and begin mastering.

Then, I looked at it another way recently because of the vacations. There is yet SO much of my reality that others I don't even know and who are long dead have been creating for me even still. We use so many other peoples designs and constructs throughout the day.

Think of how others have shaped for us the 3 meals a day thing and what you eat for 3 meals part of our day. They made means of transportation for us we use for getting around in reality, schools, 9-5 jobs, chairs to sit in, cleaning products, holidays, towns, movies to watch etc. Others have even shaped for us ideas of how we are suppose to feel and think about certain events, like dealing with death and birth, what to mourn and grieve over and what to celebrate, even what to laugh or cry about. They created places for being serious and places for being fun. We live in so many of the creative realities of others while also creating our own within them, within this thing we call life.

Who are these people and why did/do we choose to allow them to shape and create what our lives can be for us?

Then I think, holy geeez, how different could the consensus reality experience even be had humans who have come before us, made different choices and different forms to live within.

YES, THIS IS LIFE! Who's life? How much of mine did I create and how much of it was created by others that I have been going along with? Am I living in their dreams and nightmares or my own or an admixture of both? Think about it.

Sometimes, I wonder, how much of what I do is because it's what modern people do based on a chain of cause and effect evolutionary means and how differently could my life experience be if I start to break cause and effect chain links a part and start making more random links of my own AND without them being chained together anymore.

Our parents and society have done so much to create the forms we live within. Do we have to? We can create our own form constructs any time we want.

Then I wonder, is that how to free yourself from the binds of life? Is it we who make the chains that hold us slave and captive to a reality of another's design? Is it we who accept them being laden upon us as the shackles lock into place?

I think some see what I'm saying and in my own way, I relate to zippoz just having the experiencing of saying, "So this is life?" Perhaps, I took what came after that in a different direction then he did.:lol:

We have reasons for why we do all we do don't we? How often do we question those? How often do we say, "Hey, I can give new reasons for doing things differently and then, change my reality." Not only do we have the power and freedom to do that with our own, but its these people that do that who have built and designed so many of the reality forms and constructs we live in today.

I laugh wondering who were the first bride and groom who said, "We don't have to wear tuxedos and white dresses."

I picture them being so brave and bold and full of creative life force energy, an inspiring couple.

Then I think of the people who are abhorred with them, for  breaking order and tradition, the old form that said, "this is what we wear when we get married". We live in so many of those reality constructs others designed and created for us and WHY?

Because of the reasons others gave us for them and we chose to accept those reasons. Fine and fair enough. However, at any time, we can create new reasons for new designs and build new constructs to live within. We have so much power for creating our individual experience of this thing we call life.

Even this new forum. Some people said, we want a new and different construct for socializing within. Many gave new reasons for a new forum and they were accepted and a new forum construct was designed creating a new virtual reality. Its awesome how we do that collectively and individually.

And I wonder, who even said, what it is that we all do is living? When I think of life, I think of nature. So much of what humans do is so unnatural and yet, it appears to be in our nature to create the unnatural, like hair that defies gravity with gel, and planes that put us flying through the air at hundreds of MPH.

What is it we are suppose to be doing with this thing called life? See where that question takes you the reader.............

:peace:  :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: SO this is LIFE????? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5085697 - 12/20/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
really i  have been saying that for a week or so now, just out of the absurdity of everyday life in this world, existance, whatever..

its so weird to think that one day ill be dead, and all of this will go on with out me.....

i mean shit, this... is life.

I thought this was a gameshow to entertain our extraterrestrial masters.  :confused:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: SO this is LIFE????? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5086014 - 12/20/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Earth and human life is the equivalent of reality TV for the galactics. :rofl2:

:shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: SO this is LIFE????? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #5086423 - 12/20/05 04:00 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

gettinjiggywithit said:
Earth and human life is the equivalent of reality TV for the galactics. :rofl2:

:shiftyeyes:

:rofl2:

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: SO this is LIFE????? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5086569 - 12/20/05 04:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
really i  have been saying that for a week or so now, just out of the absurdity of everyday life in this world, existance, whatever..

its so weird to think that one day ill be dead, and all of this will go on with out me.....

i mean shit, this... is life.

You are the light of life and the darkness. You cannot be extinguished. Much love to you. :heart:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order