Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Loc: Sunny ol' England
Interesting way to stop a bad trip
    #5081481 - 12/19/05 11:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

An interesting idea to stop a bad trip:

If you write on a piece of paper prior to tripping that what you have taken is just a drug and that you should relax and enjoy it and that you are not going mad, it's just temporary etc... well you get the idea, basically stuff that would be comforting to know when having a bad trip.

Anyway if you keep this in your pocket whilst tripping to tead if you start getting bad feelings it could be a very useful tool, especially if you are solo tripping. Unfortunatly it may not work as when you are under the influence of a bad trip you may simply not beleive the words or even believe that those words are mokcing you which could make the situation worse.

However I feel on the whole it would be a very useful thing to have. I would be interested to hear your opinion on this and of those who already do something similar

Peace :smile:

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: cubeladd]
    #5081525 - 12/19/05 11:33 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have done it once :smile: I have heard it recommended around here on the shroomery before, not sure if it's a good recommendation but it helped me when having a light trip :smile: Not sure on a stronger trip like you said you might think the words are mocking you or something lol.. :tongue:

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #5081533 - 12/19/05 11:37 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Errmm, never mind, read your post wrong.

I dunno, personally if I start getting bad thoughts I just tell myself that it's just a drug, I'll be perfectly fine in a few hours etc etc and I don't really need a piece of paper to read it from because I never have gotten even close to being in a state of delirium where I forgot I was on mushrooms.

But if someone did get to the point of not believing themselves or forgetting to tell themselves that it's just a drug (and you'd have to be just GONE to be in that state in my opinion), how would they know to check their pockets?

Edited by HeavyToilet (12/19/05 11:45 AM)

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Shroomeyfinder]
    #5081571 - 12/19/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomeyfinder said:
...Not sure on a stronger trip like you said you might think the words are mocking you or something lol.. :tongue:

Sounds silly I know but it's perfectly possible. On my bad LSD trip a couple of months ago I thought every symbol of reality was just fake and that I was trapped in a world of neither reality or hell. I called my mum from a phonebox and her voice on the phone sounded like her, but also it sounded like it wasn't her at all. In this instance if I had had read some words of encouragement I had written on a peice of paper Iam sure that I would have dis-regarded these comments as just fake and mocking.

I still feel that it's worth doing though as it only takes 2 mins of your time and may spare you a few hours in hell, so to speak :smile:

--------------------
"The only thing I'm high on is Love for my Son and Daughters. Yes, a little LSD is all I need."
-Marge Simpson

Edited by cubeladd (12/19/05 11:51 AM)

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#5081633 - 12/19/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

the first time i tripped solo, i wrote a whole page of stuff to remind me that i was tripping. i didn't need it, but i think its a pretty good idea maybe the first time or two that you trip solo.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: alsey]
    #5081658 - 12/19/05 12:20 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i think thats stupid just not be pussy and you wont have bad trip enbrace the terror and fear and distortion of everything its rather thrilling

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinecubeladd
Stranger
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: thedudenj]
    #5081673 - 12/19/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i think thats stupid just not be pussy and you wont have bad trip enbrace the terror and fear and distortion of everything its rather thrilling

a bad trip is rather thrilling?....um, no. I can tell that you've never had a bad trip.

--------------------
-Marge Simpson

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #5081689 - 12/19/05 12:31 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:

No one is a pussy when they are looking out for their own mental well being. I think its a great idea and have seen it discussed here before :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineBlueFos
lost in theforest
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #5081708 - 12/19/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Prior to startin a few of my trips, i like to write down notes or little sayings i know will comfort me and i place them in all my pockets and around different areas. even when you dont have a bad trip its kindof fun to just pull random sayings out of yer pockets or see em layin around :smile2: :smile2:

--------------------

OfflineAlwaysFlowin
Never Pass onGrass
 User Gallery

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: BlueFos]
    #5081817 - 12/19/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It can help, but I feel that it's most important to have a good sense of positive feelings right *before* the trip.  So write this out in prepping for the trip, and read it before to get in a mental mindset.  But when you're really gone... you're really gone, and "It's ok!  It's just a trip!" Isn't going to be much help when you think you've just discovered the secret to life and that secret is something awful!  :smile:

OfflineSmozi
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: AlwaysFlowin]
    #5082025 - 12/19/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I did that once and started wandering around campus with DONT WORRY ITS JUST ACID written in big letters on my arms.

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #5082251 - 12/19/05 02:54 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:

Brilliant statement, lad!

When I have a bad trip (or more appropriately start to have one), I can usually realize that it stems from some sort of Human stimuli, meaning the feelings are a result of some conflict or issue within the Human world, that pertains to Humans and their daily activities. When I start tripping out about how bad everything is and how ridiculous this whole scene is, I'm usually tripping hard enough to achieve the 'Oneness' so one just has to let it go, give into that horrible feeling instead of trying to fight it, and then one attains bliss amongst the atoms, reduced to the molecules that make the human, one realizes the inner-workings of life, and then everything feels better. I realize we didn't make everything beautiful here, and that we are not needed within this sphere, and when we cease to exist, that hopefully the microbes deep within the ice of Antartica will begin the beautiful cycle all over again... and that makes me feel good, to know that somewhere out in the infitite depths of the Universe, some life is thriving...

Peace out!

--------------------

Edited by Herbus (12/19/05 03:02 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Herbus]
    #5082283 - 12/19/05 03:03 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, if I'm having a bad trip it's because I'm being overwhelmed by the Unbearable Nature of the Universe and knowing that I'm "just tripping" won't change how I feel about that...

it might be good for noobs I guess

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Herbus]
    #5082298 - 12/19/05 03:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well it also might be a wise idea to carry some kind of thing like that
if you intend to go raving or do drugs out and about just keep a note of what drugs you have taken, what time you ingested, how much you ingested, and emergency contact numbers in case you have an adverse reaction or get in trouble for whatever reason.
Just so that EMS personnel will know what you have done so they can help you if you need it.

I can just tell myself that its a drug but sometimes it still doesn't work. when i had my bad trip i kept repeating "its just a drug I'm going to be safe blah blah but i didn't believe it then i just let go and it became not bad just amazing when i came too i felt like crap but ego death was worth the mistake on my part.

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
    #5082310 - 12/19/05 03:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Taking a nice warm bath has seemed to work for me in the past. Hell one time I just stopped tripping alltogether once I got in the tub. It was quite an odd occurrence.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Konnrade]
    #5082327 - 12/19/05 03:12 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That does sound odd.
maybe all of the stimulus from the water and the heat overpowered the trip?

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5082352 - 12/19/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Thats possible. Although maybe the calming effect of taking a comfy bath just made it seem like I wasnt really tripping anymore, for lack of the previously intense feeling.

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
    #5082372 - 12/19/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ive done the opposite. During a very cathartic and painful trip, I reached a moment of clarity and it seemed like something was giving me information telepathically. I wrote down all the advice I could and carried it with me. After I came down, reading the note again made so much sense. It helped me remember all my brains little tricks to keep itself habituated, and I was able to overcome it. I eventually lost the note , but I plan on having that experience again soon.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
    #5082374 - 12/19/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I found out sitting down and just chilling helps alot too lol. :tongue:

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Shroomeyfinder]
    #5085553 - 12/20/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

i find that the best way to get out of a bad trip is too STOP what your doing and go nuts.

like go run and roll around and act like a kid.

Although i only do that when i stuck in one of those thinking loops, other wise i have never had a bad trip.

OfflineKittybob
Meow

Loc: The Middle of the Fucking...
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Kingkole]
    #5086157 - 12/20/05 02:43 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

When I started going into a bad trip once I cleaned my house. haha Its worked though, took my mind off the trip.

--------------------
Meow Meow Meow

OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Kittybob]
    #5086166 - 12/20/05 02:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in bad trips anymore.
There is a couple points in every trip where I feel down or scared for one reason or another.  If you think about it long enough, there's always a reason why you're having a bad trip.  It could be some issue in your life that you need to clear or fix, or something as simple as not bringing what you need with you on your trip.
Either way you learn something, which turns on the good vibes for me  :sun:

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

Edited by TMonk (12/20/05 02:46 PM)

Invisiblesrgtm1a
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: TMonk]
    #5086183 - 12/20/05 02:51 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I agree, there is an upside and downside to ever trip.

But what I have found...works wonders for getting people out of bad trips.

If you have a friend that is having a bad trip and wiggin' out on you....A simple kick to the sack, slap in the face, or punch to the throat will get them out of it very quickly.

This method has been proven successful over years of testing...and is approved by the FDA.

InvisibleMuShRo0m
Stranger

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: srgtm1a]
    #5086314 - 12/20/05 03:35 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone ever heard the song "In Case Of A Bad Trip" by The K.G.B. ?
It is made for people having a bad trip...if anyone is interested ill upload it...pretty interesting...

InvisibleLakefingers

Loc: mumuland
    #5086358 - 12/20/05 03:46 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

among the other problems i've seen listed above is this one:

many people i know can't decipher texts when they are tripping, so what's the point in writing a letter to yourself if you can't read it later?

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: MuShRo0m]
    #5086545 - 12/20/05 04:41 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I'd like to hear it, upload away :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Kerr]
    #5092362 - 12/22/05 12:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yeah that sounds like a interesting song, i would like to hear it.

Offlinecyalume
Stranger

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Kingkole]
    #5104167 - 12/25/05 04:29 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

if i feel a bad trip is coming i sit down and do something familiar.. look at a book i have read many times before or watch a movie i know every line too. That familiarity helps to calm me and then i can turn my trip around

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5104213 - 12/25/05 06:14 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

lol.. good tip! even metaphorical speaking.. :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Gomp]
    #5104362 - 12/25/05 08:36 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Never had a full out bad trip, but a warm glass of water (prefferably in a wider/shallower cup than a taller one) has always helped me ground myself a little, not necessarily drinking at it, just looking at it, having it there, knowing that whenever I need a drink it's there and it wont disappoint me, this is one of the most comforting things when I'm shrooming for some reason, the shallower cup seems to be more comforting, possibly some subconcious assosiation with it or something but who knows. Since rough patches are usually brought on by over thinking things (the moment you realize "oh shit, what if I'm soo out of it I piss myself!" That's usually the point where panic, uncertainty and confussion kicks in. Slowing down for about 2 minutes, just calm your breathing and tell yourself "You've taken a drug, it is affecting your thoughts, now's not the time for analyzing reality, you an do that when you're sober, just take a break and forget about it." This usually helps a lot, if not then I'll take a few more minutes to see if it could be being enduced by an external source, think about the music you're listening to, try to figure out what your body's trying to tell you. I was lying there having a great trip, I had my hands in my front sweater pocket and when I took them out to my surprise, I could still feel them in there pressing on my stomache, at first it was a really amazing feeling, but then the thought "If my brain's picking up nerve signals like that... then what's stopping me from pissing myself? Shit, what if I piss myself" Stopped, thought about how much I'd had to drink lately, tried to see if I could get passed the unnexistant feeling that was overwhelming my body to determine whether or not I had to piss, no idea. By this point the lighting in the room had taken that all too familiar 'shift' where everything just seems to drop down into a much deeper place and the light levels around you start to drop and everything starts to feel cold and worries you. I figured that since there was no possible way for me to determine on my own whether or not I had to go to the bathroom I decided I'd play it safe, my brain knows what's happening in my body better than me, so I just interpreted the whole experience as a subconcious cue saying "Hey buddy, you gotta piss" Anyways, long story short, I had to piss, it took a good 15 minutes or so (hard to piss when the room's breathing faster and heavier than you are) but once I did everything just seemed to slow down and I was set again, went down to the basement and played some billiards which to everyone's amazement I was very good at... Even in the condition I was in.

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: StickyWater]
    #5106404 - 12/26/05 12:31 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

My favorite is to start running around screaming "BAD TRIP!" and waving my arms, it's usually too funny to turn bad.

--------------------
Manitou

OfflineMystic_Rain_Man
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: HuckleBones]
    #5106540 - 12/26/05 02:36 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

When I have a bad trip I go and dance in the street.

Seriously.

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: Mystic_Rain_Man]
    #5106817 - 12/26/05 07:53 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

reminds me of that old "get out of one bad trip" (monopoly style) card.

might work, might not, guess it depends on both the tripper and the trip

i sometimes find it useful to previously meditate and write a few points down on a notebook, of what it is i want with that trip. that focused intent is usually enough to give it some kind of direction to the trip. and even if it turns ugly... you feel that there is a purpose to it, and serch for a meaning. wich in itself diminishes the negative impact.

and then (try) to keep that notebook close at hand and (again try) to jot down nuggets of wisdom from the trip. sometimes its not decipherable, but sometimes its solid gold.

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Interesting way to stop a bad trip [Re: HuckleBones]
    #5107161 - 12/26/05 10:48 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

HuckleBones said:
My favorite is to start running around screaming "BAD TRIP!" and waving my arms, it's usually too funny to turn bad.

:laugh:

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order