Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Bush Press Conferance Today
    #5080989 - 12/19/05 06:52 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #5081330 - 12/19/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

That was a lame talk, and so was the one last night. 

Right before this one I was watching a call-in show on CSPAN and there was two or three calls in a 25 minute span with people talking about civil war this summer if Bush isn't impeached :paranoid:

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #5081336 - 12/19/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"U.S. President George W. Bush said on Monday he presumed that a Justice Department leak investigation was underway into who disclosed a secret NSA eavesdropping operation."

Good! start putting some reporters and CIA agents in jail for leaking classified information.

And Bush said he would continue to reauthorize the controversial program "so long as the nation faces the continuing threat of an enemy that wants to kill American citizens."

Translation Bush said: "Shut The Fuck Up"!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: daimyo]
    #5081357 - 12/19/05 10:15 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
people talking about civil war this summer if Bush isn't impeached :paranoid:

Civil War..  :rofl2:      are the libs going to borrow the conservatives guns????

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #5081374 - 12/19/05 10:23 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Entire conference in a nutshell: "Just trust me."  :borfase:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: daimyo]
    #5081591 - 12/19/05 11:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

people talking about civil war this summer if Bush isn't impeached

People do say a great many stupid things.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #5084871 - 12/20/05 05:49 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You were all for Clinton being impeached why dont you think Bush should be too? After all his lies have had a much greater affect on the world than Bill and his blow jobs.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: GazzBut]
    #5084959 - 12/20/05 06:41 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

How quickly you forget. I was in favor of the Clinton impeachment because he lied under oath, which was what he was impeached for.

Had the man been smart enough to have just said "it's none of your business", the impeachment never would have happened.

Clinton was not impeached for a blow job.

Are you able to provide an example of Bush lying under oath?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinetoratiger
HARD ROCK CAFEPIN ADDICT

Loc: OUTER SPACE AT THE END OF...
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: lonestar2004]
    #5085311 - 12/20/05 09:34 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

daimyo said:
people talking about civil war this summer if Bush isn't impeached :paranoid:

Civil War..  :rofl2:      are the libs going to borrow the conservatives guns????

Those callers are a very small vocal minority. Besides, who would replace Bush/Cheney? The dems don't have anyone, except possibly Lieberman, who is even remotely competent enough to replace Bush.

If there is civil war, the libs won't get my guns, but then again I don't have any kinder, gentler weapons.

--------------------
DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY!

PEOPLE SAY I'M A RADICAL RIGHT WINGER! I AM NOT, I'M PROGRESSIVE.
I ONLY APPEAR RIGHT WING BECAUSE LIBERALS LIKE HITLER, MUSOLINNI, J.KERRY, J.EDGER HOOVER, RUSH LIMBAUGH, SEAN HANNITY, JESSE HELMS, NIXON AND BUSH, ARE ALL TO MY LEFT.
LIBERALS! I HATE 'EM ALL

DON'T WORRY, WHEN I'M DICTATOR, HEADS WILL ROLL.

InvisibleAlex213
Stranger
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: toratiger]
    #5085427 - 12/20/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You think Dick and Bush are competent after the clusterfuck of Iraq?

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #5085428 - 12/20/05 10:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Are you able to provide an example of Bush lying under oath?

That depends on what the definition "is" is. :rolleyes:

The president is ALWAYS under oath..        He lies all the time so yah, I would say that their is proof.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: GabbaDj]
    #5085492 - 12/20/05 11:09 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Clinton testified under oath, lied under oath.

Please provide an example of Bush doing the same.

I'll save you the trouble. You can't. Were you being disingenuous or simply obtuse?

--------------------

Offlinetoratiger
HARD ROCK CAFEPIN ADDICT

Loc: OUTER SPACE AT THE END OF...
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: Alex213]
    #5085901 - 12/20/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Alex213 said:
You think Dick and Bush are competent after the clusterfuck of Iraq?

Yes I do. Besides, who could replace him?
While I don't agree with every policy of the current administration, such as stem-cell research, abortion, religion etc., I think he does a pretty good job as commander-in-chief. I'm ever so thankful that Bush won the 2000 and 2004 elections

Cluster Fuck in Iraq??? please provide specific examples.
Also what do you have against him?

--------------------
DON'T GO AWAY MAD, JUST GO AWAY!

PEOPLE SAY I'M A RADICAL RIGHT WINGER! I AM NOT, I'M PROGRESSIVE.
I ONLY APPEAR RIGHT WING BECAUSE LIBERALS LIKE HITLER, MUSOLINNI, J.KERRY, J.EDGER HOOVER, RUSH LIMBAUGH, SEAN HANNITY, JESSE HELMS, NIXON AND BUSH, ARE ALL TO MY LEFT.
LIBERALS! I HATE 'EM ALL

DON'T WORRY, WHEN I'M DICTATOR, HEADS WILL ROLL.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: toratiger]
    #5086307 - 12/20/05 03:34 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Also what do you have against him?

You gotta understand that its not specifically about Iraq or and of those other issues, it is about the overall ideology that those issues are a part of.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #5086595 - 12/20/05 05:06 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

So lying when not under oath is ok...even if it results in unnecessary wars? Doesnt that strike you as a little bit stoopid?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: GazzBut]
    #5086602 - 12/20/05 05:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Let's play again. Although it's an old game, it's still fun. Lefty whack job says "Bush Lied" Inquiring wing nut shouts "Yeah where?" Moonbat says "When his lips moved" har har har.

Let's have it. The lie I mean.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5086693 - 12/20/05 05:52 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think focusing on the "lies" of George Bush would be getting of track of why certain people are pushing an investigation which could lead to his impeachment. The issue here is not whether he lied, but whether the wiretappings violated the Constituion and The 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). (this is not directed towards any one person, but rather to refocus on the issue at hand)

I personally think there isn't enough information present to allow a judgement on whether any laws were violated (but I'm sure there are people who know plenty more than what MSNBC is reporting).

Let's just take a look at the issues here:

- The Bush administration is claiming that these abilities were allowed by Congress shortly after 9/11, but I'm not entirely sure what he is alluding to. Anyone have more on that?

- Bush is claiming that the Constitution allows him the authority to conduct these wiretaps.

- A major issue is whether these wiretaps are violating the The 1978 Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sleeper/tools/tools.html), which requires a court authorized warrent granted to in order to conduct a wiretap. This is highly probable, but without knowing more details, it's tough to make a judgement call.

- Finally, the simple idea that wiretapping American citizens is a violation of the Constitution, rather than allowing it. Again, there are more specifics here than this.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Bush Press Conferance Today [Re: Twirling]
    #5086721 - 12/20/05 06:00 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, from that same link to PBS' website lists information about the Patriot Act, which is what I'm assuming Bush is referring to. Here is the text from the link from PBS (http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/sleeper/tools/tools.html):

"Signed by President Bush on Oct. 26, 2001, the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act, or USA Patriot Act, changed how the federal government gathers intelligence. One of the most significant changes allows Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants to be issued if "a significant" purpose for obtaining the warrant is intelligence gathering. This lowers the threshold set by FISA in 1978 that stipulated such warrants be issued only if "the" purpose was gathering intelligence."

If this is, in fact, what Bush is referring to (which would still need to be verified), it certainly does not permit unauthorized wiretaps, just lowering the conditions needed for obtaining a warrant.

I also forgot to mention that Bush & Cheney both mentioned that there is an emergancy wiretapping authority permitted, which was prior to 9/11. The stipulations are that it lasts 72 hours (I believe), and afterwards those people need to be informed of the wiretap. Anyone have extra info on this?

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#5086814 - 12/20/05 06:25 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

It's worth mentioning that the NY Times stated "Some information that administration officials argued could be useful to terrorists has been omitted.", meaning that there's gotta be plenty more information that we just don't have.

I think it's very interesting to see Bush's reaction about how shameful it was to publish this story, and how "The fact that we?re discussing this program is helping the enemy?, considering that he potentially committed a crime.

I'm left wondering if this is going to be yet another scandal which is going to get much publicity, but then nothing resolved from it.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5086821 - 12/20/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

" COURT SAYS U.S. SPY AGENCY CAN TAP OVERSEAS MESSAGES

By DAVID BURNHAM, SPECIAL TO THE NEW YORK TIMES (NYT) 1051 words Published: November 7, 1982

A Federal appeals court has ruled that the National Security Agency may lawfully intercept messages between United States citizens and people overseas, even if there is no cause to believe the Americans are foreign agents, and then provide summaries of these messages to the Federal Bureau of Investigation."

http://newsbusters.org/blog/49

Note the date. This is just one small example. They're all over the place. I will be very surprised if there are any legal repercussions over this. And I am not often surprised.

Bush Apologizes for Phone Taps After 9/11
by Scott Ott

(2005-12-16) ? President George Bush today apologized to the American people for signing an order in 2002 that allowed the National Security Agency (NSA) to secretly listen in on international phone calls in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks.

The New York Times today broke the story that after 9/11 the NSA tapped phonelines of hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of Americans without court orders in an effort to trace communication networks discovered on computers and cellphones confiscated from terror suspects.

?I want to apologize for allowing the NSA to do these wiretaps after 9/11,? the president said. ?I?m sorry that I violated the privacy of some of these folks after terrorists launched attacks from our soil that killed 3,000 people, destroyed two skyscrapers and four jumbo jets, and punched a gaping hole in our military headquarters.?

?My biggest regret,? the president added, ?is that the NSA didn?t secretly tap these lines before 9/11. I hope my fellow Americans can forgive me.?
http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2103

And the realization by voters that Mr Ott makes eminent sense makes it highly unlikely that there will be any electoral repecussions either.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order