Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
Akira Yamaoka/Silent Hill game music fans
    #5080807 - 12/19/05 05:13 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You might wanna check this out!!

http://www.silenceisbroken.com/soundofsilence/index.html

Akira Yamaoka is a Japanese composer, best known for his work producing the sound effects and score for all of the Silent Hill games. He is, in my opinion, a musical genius. His music is absolutely beautiful.

It's dark, brooding, melodic, ambient, menacing, melancholy, sinister, cool, more melodic and frightening with twists of mezmerising industrial all masterfully blended into one and driven through your heart. The fans out there will know exactly what i'm talking about!

Please don't just dismiss this as video game music, it's the most interesting and addictive musical style i've ever heard. The traks that actually have vocals on are beautifully sung my Melissa Williamson.

Anyway, the website above has pretty much everything the man has ever done on it there and waiting to be downloaded! No more trawling through P2P networks waiting hours for incomplete MP3s!

I really can't recommend it highly enough (especially the Silent Hill 3/4 soundtracks), he doesn't get the recognition he deserves at all. Obviously it's not for everyone, but i think a lot of people here will be able to appreciate it. Just trying to spread the wealth! Enjoy  :wink:

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDfekt
Your mother wouldn't approve...
Male

Loc: UK
Re: Akira Yamaoka/Silent Hill game music fans [Re: Dfekt]
    #5080866 - 12/19/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Also, forgot to mention, if for whatever reason you're searching for a tense, horrifying audio assault that sounds like it's from God's worst nightmares, download the Silent Hill 1 soundtrack :tongue2:

It's very different from the other three, and this is definitely not for most people. It's not so much hauntingly melodic like the rest of them, more like progressive industrial with a splinter of rusty metal scraping at your bones... Certainly gets the blood and adrenaline pumping if you listen to it alone in the dark!!  :eek:

I wouldn't even dare try it while tripping lol... But for most people i would just recommend the SH3/SH4 soundtracks though. Enchanting stuff.

If there's any fans out there, post a reply, it's always good to find another one  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." ~Oscar Wilde

OfflineRainier
big yellow joint
Loc: Oly Wa
Re: Akira Yamaoka/Silent Hill game music fans [Re: Dfekt]
    #5114996 - 12/28/05 11:32 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for this. I absolutely love the silent hill music. The first soundtrack especially is chilling. I think Akira Yamaoka is a musical genius. I am pretty excited he's doing the sound and music for the silent hill movie so atleast if the movie sucks there will be a great soundtrack.

--------------------

"Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand"

OfflineCaptainIgloo
Young Disciple
Male
Re: Akira Yamaoka/Silent Hill game music fans [Re: Rainier]
    #5117863 - 12/29/05 04:24 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I have loved the game and the music too. Great Artist because music is 50% of this game.
25% are the lighting and graphics
25% the story

--------------------
To fathom hell or soar angelic , just take a pinch of psychedelik

Jump to top Pages: 1