Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Sea of shrooms tek
    #507871 - 01/02/02 02:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ok Ive decided to use this tek because its the best possible option available to me, given my current situation.

Now in the tek he tells you what yields he got from using birdseed, I however on the other hand am using brf pf style cakes. I would like to hear anyones yields using this tek with brf cakes

Thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
Re: Sea of shrooms tek [Re: Syd_barret]
    #507908 - 01/02/02 03:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

well ive never read it in whole but i only hear bad things about it. if youre doing BRF cakes why not do just a simple 50/50+ casing or a straw tek? and what is 'your current situation' that prevents you from using a reliable and easy method rather than one that yields such little success rates; especially for beginners. just get some straw and chop it up about 2-3 inches; put it in a pillowcase and submerse it in simmering water for an hour. put about 1/2" perlite in your casing tray. now take your pillowcase full of straw and let it cool and squeeze out the excess water. now just layer it 1 inch on top of perlite. put each cake in a ziplock baggie and break the shit outta it in the bag (stays sterile in the bag) and layer a coat of 2 or 3 half pints on that straw. now another inch of straw and 2 or 3 more cakes. if you want do it again to get 2 or 3 inches of substrate layer. now cover it up and keep it warm where you previously had your jars colonizing. after 5 days or so it will all be colonized and you can add a VERY simple 3/4" 50/50+ casing (search for that here or visit grow/find section) and incubate for another 3 or 4 days and youll see teh myc coming up very fast. now uncover it to allow air exchange and put it in your terrarium and wait 5 more days. VIOLA; youve now got pins and soon a lotta shrooms. casings are easier than you think if you can use your head. or if you dont wanna use straw; do the same thing i just said except substitute the straw for birdseed.

--------------------
Holy shit people; COMMON SENSE! we were all born with it where did it go?
maybe theres a tek out there to explain how to use it!
BUCKETS BRIGADE left hand man!!!

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Sea of shrooms tek [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #508003 - 01/02/02 04:53 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I can only case 1 cake at a time because I dont know which strain is on which cake....

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #508011 - 01/02/02 05:03 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Sea of shrooms works fine, as long as your cakes are "Completely " colonized..But I would crumble all the cakes not just a few to enclose the open area between cakes like it states.. Just crumble and case it, do not bother them every day and all will work out.......And they can yield near 2 ounces per 12 cakes..

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Edited by egolesss (01/02/02 05:04 PM)

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #508018 - 01/02/02 05:07 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

well use what you want; sure as hell doesnt matter i guess as long as you get shrooms; right ;). id still make small 50/50+casings for each cake mixed w/ birdseed if theyre gonna be 1 cake casings. id suggest using old plastic butter tubs (like land o lakes or something) for casings small like that.

--------------------

OfflineSyd_barret
The Greatest
Re: Sea of shrooms tek [Re: BeppoMarx]
    #508035 - 01/02/02 05:18 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Ok I dont follow ya beppo..
Please explain again

OfflineBeppoMarx
old hand
    #508075 - 01/02/02 06:06 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

hmm....
take your cakes and put them seperately in ziplock bags. crumble them in the bags (less air in the bags makes it easier to knead) as fine as you can. get any small tub for example a plastic butter tub that you would buy butter or margarine in. place about 1/2" perlite in it and add some water just like you would in a terrarium for humidity; but this would be not for humidity just to supply the casing w/ water and a place to excrete waste. now prepare (steep) your birdseed by lightly boiling it for an hour or so. put about a half inch to an inch of birdseed on teh perlite (make sure you drain it out well after steeping; no standing water at all just slightly moist. add 1 crumbled cake to the top of it. now add another 1/2" of the birdseed. cover it up with the lid or saran wrap or whatever. now incubate it again for 4 or 5 days until you see the seed colonized. now (after it is all colonized) make a casing layer by mixing in a bowl 1 part peat moss to 1 part vermiculite and add maybe 1/4 part at the very most chalk or lime or hydrated limestone. add water until it will not hold any more. take it in your hand and squeeze firmly (not too hard to pack the shit outta it; you still want it pretty saturated just not swampy). now put it back in your mixing bowl and microwave for a few minutes until its really fucking hot. but if you overdo it you will lose moisture. this will for sure sterilize it. let it set in the mic (will stay sterile in there) for a few hours for it to cool. wash your hands and apply a 3/8" to 1/2" layer on the top of the substrate. incubate again for a few days till its starts to grow thru the casing. now proceed to put it in a terrarium to form pins and fruit just like any casing tek. hope this is enough cos im going home and wont post again till 11am EST when i get 2 work tomorrow :)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix