Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZadig

Loc: kootenays
Fear during incubation
    #507986 - 01/02/02 04:34 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

ahoy shroomers,

my first forray into mycology and my first post here:
im four days into the innoculation stage and i have yet to notice any growth at all. i fear that my syringe sucked ass. i have been keeping my nine half-pint jars (created as carefully as possible to the tune of the MMGG/PF teks) in a small rubbermaid container under a metal-halide, always covered, with a temp. not less than 60f or greater than 80. the lids are tight, the jars are sealed. should i take the tape off the holes.. what?!?
or am i just in my usual mode of impatience?
help meeeeeeeee,
..iago

--------------------
[blue][I]esse[/I][black] is[/black] [I]percipi.[/blue]
[green]TAT T'VAM ASI. [purple]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletheseeker
addict
 User Gallery
Re: Fear during incubation [Re: Zadig]
    #507997 - 01/02/02 04:47 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Hello,

More than likely the answer is to wait longer. I am still waiting on a batch first inoculated 7 days ago... still no growth of any kind. I received my syringes from Sporechicks, and have all but given up on this experiment.

To speed up growth you may want to bring the temperature up a little, but keep it under 90 Fahrenheit. Mine tend to be around 82-86. Also you can loosen the lids and/or remove foil from the tops of the jars. All of these things will help speed up colonization, but make your batch more prone to contamination.

If you're really worried, try these practices on half your batch and see what the results are.

Let me know how it goes.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Fear during incubation [Re: theseeker]
    #508002 - 01/02/02 04:53 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

Do not take the tap off the holes just yet. That should be reserved for when you have at least 40% colonization. Try to keep temps at 86. No need for light at all. Be patient. Look up your strain and find out it's average growth times for each stage. Why do you think your syringe sucked? Where did you get it. If you have nothing happening in 3 weeks then worry.

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Fear during incubation [Re: upupup]
    #508024 - 01/02/02 05:11 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

You should see mycelium in 3-5 days. It took my jars 5 days, but it was very noticeable. They were at 72 F.

Get your temps up.

Offlineegolesss
veteran
    #508028 - 01/02/02 05:15 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

can the metal halide and put them in total darkness, this is incubation not flowing.............

--------------------
Going crazy will drive you mad, but once you get there the rest is easy....All spores are not created equal!!!!!!!!!!! Sporeworks, Hawkseye, PF, they are completely viable with very strong genetics.

Anonymous

Re: Fear during incubation [Re: egolesss]
    #508118 - 01/02/02 06:42 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It doesn't really matter about the light, just try to keep the temp constant and around 80.

Offlinemoxjet20
Loc: santa cruz, magical land ...
    #508125 - 01/02/02 06:52 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

you should maybe look into making some sort of incubation temp.. contaminants will be a bigger problem if you let temps get that low.. best is to keep them around 80 - 85

--------------------
Free Spore Ring
what became of subtlety?

OfflineZadig

Loc: kootenays
icey [Re: Zadig]
    #508199 - 01/02/02 08:00 PM (22 years, 3 months ago)

can exposure to, say, about a thousand watts of light damage the spores in the jar? ive been pretty good about not opening the container near the light... but ...

the syringe is from kabbages&kinks on hastings in vancouver bc, it contains amazonian strain cubensis spores.
ill make sure the temp stays around 80.

but dont open jars until i see growth?
thanks for all the tips. ..iago

--------------------
[blue][I]esse[/I][black] is[/black] [I]percipi.[/blue]
[green]TAT T'VAM ASI. [purple]

OfflineStormdamage
    #508706 - 01/03/02 04:29 AM (22 years, 3 months ago)

It took my last set of jars a week and half for the mycelium to appear (I was getting very impatient by then, I can tell you). It took about 5 and half weeks for the jars to completely colonise. So just hang on in there. I kept my jars in total darkness, but I don't think it makes much difference... just wait and as long as you've done everything properly, the mycelium *will* appear.

Oh, and you probably shouldn't take the tape off the holes until you can see a nice little clump of mycelium in there.

Edited by Stormdamage (01/03/02 04:30 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag