Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLos_Pepes
Stranger

Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #5079163 - 12/18/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Usually if someone has three convictions he commited 1000 crimes and only got convicted for three of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5081232 - 12/19/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
I mean, 15 years for a gun she sold for her boyfriend. That shit does't make sense. They arrested her for getting rid of the thing she was culpable for.

I concede that this one is rather pathetic, but it's better to have stupidity locked away in prison than reproducing on the outside.

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
A hungry man serving twenty five years to life for trying to steal some food from a chuch. What the fuck, atleast he had the decency to steal

There is no decency in stealing.

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
from a place that gains most of its stores and supllies from donations and not people who work for a living.

Where do you think those donations came from? Working people.

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
they probably were going to give that food to some hungry poor guy anywayz.

Exactly, so why rob the place? He could have waited until morning and asked for a can of beans, or ate out of a dumpster.

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
Guess he won't be hungry now, he won't be free either.

He doesn't deserve to be free. He'd just rob more. Been doing it for over a decade, why would he stop any time soon?

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
The drug addict klepto guy is surer than hell dumb as hell. Life sentnece though, wow. Maybe like a year or two would have been better suited to the crime.

When you have absolutely no regard for yourself or society you don't deserve freedom. And since his drug habit was more important than his three mistakes..err children, then he doubly deserves prison.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: daimyo]
    #5081621 - 12/19/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Your points are valid.

I myself have spent sometime in jail, I know first nad the politics of law are always so clear.

You conceded to the first argument, that is enough in my mind to see that you understand. That is one example of the poor judgement on behalf of the jury, legislature and judge. One is enough. I would hate to think that a man that frequents these boards can honestly say that he would rathers se stupidy locked up than breeding on the outside. How many people if you were arrested with a bag a shrooms and sentenced to fifteen yrs for would say, well good, more stupid people behind bars, not breeding. Would you agree.

I mean I hate thieves with passion bordering the maniacal, dope fiends suck too. Still they punishments are harsh.

--------------------
Asshole

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5081681 - 12/19/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
I would hate to think that a man that frequents these boards can honestly say that he would rathers se stupidy locked up than breeding on the outside. How many people if you were arrested with a bag a shrooms and sentenced to fifteen yrs for would say, well good, more stupid people behind bars, not breeding. Would you agree.

Depends on their past criminal history. If they got 15 years just for having a personal amount of drugs, then I would be appalled. If it was their third strike and their first two were heinous, then fuck em.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #5085147 - 12/20/05 08:38 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
When you have absolutely no regard for yourself or society you don't deserve freedom. 

I hardly think stealing a few times and having an addiction = No regard for society. :rolleyes:

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5085163 - 12/20/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
  How many people if you were arrested with a bag a shrooms and sentenced to fifteen yrs for would say, well good, more stupid people behind bars, not breeding. Would you agree.

I mean I hate thieves with passion bordering the maniacal, dope fiends suck too. Still they punishments are harsh.

The first statement is a good one! :thumbup:

The second one seems a bit misguided. I hate thievery, but to hate the thief leads to irrational thoughts and feelings. Misunderstandings also.

--------------------
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: Los_Pepes]
    #5085170 - 12/20/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Los_Pepes said:
Usually if someone has three convictions he commited 1000 crimes and only got convicted for three of them.

So everyone is a suspect then. 1000 divided by three is right around 333.That is 333 crimes per conviction. So, logicaly, A person with no convictions has committed somewhere between one and three hundred and thirty three crimes. :rolleyes:

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: Aldous]
    #5085183 - 12/20/05 08:54 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Aldous said:
Quote:

sirreal said:
What about common sense? These laws are absurd!

From a humane point of view, they are. But from a cynical-economical point of view, not at all.

I was speaking from a humane point of view.

If a system benefits fom this twisted sense of justice,as you suggest, Then that system is corrupt and evil, and it should be resisted.

--------------------
-----------

Edited by sirreal (12/20/05 08:55 AM)

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5085205 - 12/20/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
Career criminals deserve career sentences. Those examples include a career burglar, a purse-snatching church robber, a drug addict klepto, and an armed felon. Why should they be let back out in the public to do more harm?

Stealing a few times does not constitute full-time employment. Stop being so dramatic.

--------------------
-----------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: sirreal]
    #5085556 - 12/20/05 11:35 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
Quote:

daimyo said:
When you have absolutely no regard for yourself or society you don't deserve freedom. 

I hardly think stealing a few times and having an addiction = No regard for society. :rolleyes:

So if some heroin junkie came into your store TWICE and stole merchandise you wouldn't mind?

Quote:

sirreal said:
Quote:

Los_Pepes said:

So everyone is a suspect then. 1000 divided by three is right around 333.That is 333 crimes per conviction. So, logicaly, A person with no convictions has committed somewhere between one and three hundred and thirty three crimes. :rolleyes:

What is so hard to believe about that?  I doubt there is anyone over the age of 14 that hasn't commited a crime.

Quote:

sirreal said:
Quote:

daimyo said:
Career criminals deserve career sentences.  Those examples include a career burglar, a purse-snatching church robber, a drug addict klepto, and an armed felon.  Why should they be let back out in the public to do more harm?

Stealing a few times does not constitute full-time employment. Stop being so dramatic.

Perhaps, but nobody knows how many times he stole.  Having convictions from 10+ years ago leads me to believe that the person never stopped stealing.  Just didn't get caught for a good stretch of time.

And what is with you and the :rolleyes: and calling me dramatic?  That horse must be higher than the Empire State Building.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5086486 - 12/20/05 04:19 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:

So if some heroin junkie came into your store TWICE and stole merchandise you wouldn't mind?

Boy, you have some amazing powers of observation. That is not even close to what I said. Let me reiterate: I hardly think stealing a few times and having an addiction = no regard for society

--------------------
-----------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#5086492 - 12/20/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

So everyone is a suspect then. 1000 divided by three is right around 333.That is 333 crimes per conviction. So, logicaly, A person with no convictions has committed somewhere between one and three hundred and thirty three crimes.

People with 1 conviction can commit up to 666 crimes, then youre really fucked.

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5086496 - 12/20/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
What is so hard to believe about that?  I doubt there is anyone over the age of 14 that hasn't commited a crime.

Everyone has committed atleast 3 crimes, to be sure. Lock em up!

Seriously, you are NOT convicted until a trial. Would you propose convicting someone of a crime without a trial? :thumbdown:

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Re: Throwing curveballs! [Re: Catalysis]
    #5086504 - 12/20/05 04:26 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Catalysis said:
Quote:

So everyone is a suspect then. 1000 divided by three is right around 333.That is 333 crimes per conviction. So, logicaly, A person with no convictions has committed somewhere between one and three hundred and thirty three crimes.

People with 1 conviction can commit up to 666 crimes, then youre really fucked.

Actually, I think the math would indicate 333. But really, what's the difference? We have all struck out.Off with their heads! :evil:

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5086600 - 12/20/05 05:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sirreal said:
Quote:

daimyo saidPerhaps, but nobody knows how many times he stole.  Having convictions from 10+ years ago leads me to believe that the person never stopped stealing.  Just didn't get caught for a good stretch of time.

And what is with you and the :rolleyes: and calling me dramatic?  That horse must be higher than the Empire State Building.

If he wasn't convicted of, Or even arrested for a crime, he should not be punished for what he "probably" did. That is madness and totally unjust!

The rolling of the eyes is self-explanatory. I believe it is dramatic to suggest someone spend the rest of their life in prison for stated crimes.

--------------------
-----------

Edited by sirreal (12/20/05 05:20 PM)

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5087482 - 12/20/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sirreal said:
Would you propose convicting someone of a crime without a trial?

By definition a person cannot be convicted without a trial. Therefore, I would never propose something so nonsensical.

Quote:

sirreal said:
If he wasn't convicted of, Or even arrested for a crime, he should not be punished for what he "probably" did. That is madness and totally unjust!

Nobody suggested a person should be. All of these cases involve people who were caught and convicted of multiple crimes.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5087600 - 12/20/05 10:10 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Well then, How come you keep bringing up these supposed crimes?

--------------------
-----------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5087632 - 12/20/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I brought up possible crimes once. If you cannot follow the flow of discussion, then there is nothing further to be said.

--------------------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5087635 - 12/20/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

You keep saying " he commited more crimes than that, so he deserves it" .

That is crazy!

--------------------
-----------

Offlinesirreal
devoid
    #5087643 - 12/20/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:
I brought up possible crimes once. If you cannot follow the flow of discussion, then there is nothing further to be said.

Once? You need to reread your own posts.

--------------------
-----------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag