Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: U.S Patriot Act renewal blocked in Senate **Not Any More** [Re: DNKYD]
    #5094791 - 12/22/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

It is now only a 1 month extension, which is probably a good idea because it forces congress to actually address the issue.  My head is kind of spinning after the democrats applauded "killing the patriot act" and now they are saying that they support the patriot act and they are happy that it is extended.  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: U.S Patriot Act renewal blocked in Senate [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5096394 - 12/23/05 12:20 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
It has long been my contention that if there weren't drug laws a lot more people would be willing to accept more intrusive efforts at curtailing violent scumbags. Really, violence against others and theft (which is only a form of violence against others) should be the only focus of law enforcement, not some imposition of a "we know what's good for you coda." Limit the number of laws and you limit the amount of people with something to hide.

Yeah really, if the only way you would have to worry about the government is if you hurt someody else we would have few qualms about stuff like the Patriot Act.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlineseeker
Curator ofBarbaricRefinery

Loc: between Here and There
Re: U.S Patriot Act renewal blocked in Senate [Re: Ancalagon]
    #5098089 - 12/23/05 02:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

"You read (read, not skimmed) the entire patriot act?"

To anyone who has "read" the the act I would say,"good for you." I myself can read Latin. I don't understand Latin, but I can "read" it real good.

Standing alone the Act is impossible to understand, as it references, and attempts to amend the sentence structure, of so many other documents that were the sources fully compiled it would take a year to "read", let alone understand.

It is an obtuse piece of excrement that is nothing more than salt in the wound that is the average American's ignorance of legalese and governmental bureaucracy.

If the last statement seems to flowery and liberal to anyone, here is a conservative opinion for you; keep it simple stupid.

Extend it?
Fuck that; burn it!

Or, better yet, frame as an example of how not implement legal change in the United States.

This is all. It may be true. Anyway, my rant is through.

--------------------
In a state of anarchy every individual is their own kingdom.

Thou art God (but so am i :wink:)

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

Re: U.S Patriot Act renewal blocked in Senate [Re: seeker]
    #5098268 - 12/23/05 03:00 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Standing alone the Act is impossible to understand, as it references, and attempts to amend the sentence structure, of so many other documents that were the sources fully compiled it would take a year to "read", let alone understand.

Thats not true at all. Most of it deals with title 18 of the US code relating to criminal procedure and title 31 which outlines criminal penalties for money laundering and so forth.

US code is not difficult to look up, just go here.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: U.S Patriot Act renewal blocked in Senate [Re: Catalysis]
    #5098335 - 12/23/05 03:16 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

i disagree. for someone that reads over some intense technical jargon as a profession, I didn't have much trouble reading the patriot act when it first came out. Then again I read "diplomacy" when I was 10.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder