Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOutkastSlug
Musician/Performer

Loc: B.C., Canada
third eye
    #1292914 - 02/09/03 07:22 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Can someone explain the whole "third eye" thing that leary was always making reference to?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Re: third eye [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #1293065 - 02/09/03 08:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Picture this, a big fiery eyeball, with glowing beams of light emerging from it!

You just pictured that with your third eye.

How bout that??? :smile:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: third eye [Re: Killjoy]
    #1293604 - 02/09/03 12:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

lol well-put man :smile:

I pictured a naked slut though :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleGlowing_Eleven
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, IL
    #1293617 - 02/09/03 12:36 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Make your own theory about it, it's much more interesting that way =)

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1293624 - 02/09/03 12:38 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: third eye [Re: Revelation]
    #1293630 - 02/09/03 12:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

No wait, this is it:

--------------------

InvisibleHongosmeester
old sourdough
Male User Gallery
Loc: East Bay (EAST BAY GREASE...
Re: third eye [Re: Strumpling]
    #1294513 - 02/09/03 06:21 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I pictured a naked slut though :wink: 

that was your one eye :grin:

--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

InvisibleCuriousByN8ure
Stranger

Re: third eye [Re: Hongosmeester]
    #1294530 - 02/09/03 06:29 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well I'll pull down my pants and show you my thrid eye!

InvisibleHeru_sa_Aset
8th Dimension
 User Gallery

Loc: 8th Dimension
    #5064262 - 12/14/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Here is a picture for you... release the inner gods within yourselves.

--------------------
"[( @_)/] [ T-----+-T ] [( @_)/] Bac]<To |3asiCs - T3nAgLiA" (Yo)bum, rush the show!

Edited by Heru_sa_Aset (12/14/05 08:05 PM)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5065444 - 12/15/05 01:13 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

you have 2 eyes.. yet you see as if you had one eye..

2+1=3 ..

:zombiedrool:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: third eye [Re: Gomp]
    #5065821 - 12/15/05 04:55 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

UHHH...... I believe it is the hole on your penis bud.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: third eye [Re: mikeownow]
    #5065982 - 12/15/05 06:24 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

There are multiple theories about it, but scientifically, it amounts to your pineal gland. This gland is believed to be responsible for almost all spirituality we experience. It holds within it, massive amounts of DMT and melatonin, and it might just be the reason we see pictures in our heads when we think. It should be noted that the pineal gland shrinks when we go through puberty and produces significantly less melatonin after that point. Could be the reason children are so creative.
It responds to light, and is believed to the evolutionary precursor to the outer eye.

In eastern cultures, it is the 6th chakra. A source of energy that gives you insight about your soul and entire being. The odd thing about this is that this belief has been around for ages...ranging back to old Hindu practices, and yet, where they believed the third eye to be is almost precisely in the same location that the pineal gland resides. That should say something.

It is located in the center of your forehead. Opening your third eye means to clean the doors of perception. To see all that is in its unsubjectified state and to become one with it all. It is believed that an 'openend third eye' is the pineal gland being in synch with the petuitary gland...this can be achieved through meditation, and possibly psychedelics.

Read up about it, there's a ton of dogma, ideologies, and scientific theory about the third eye.
I have actually read that in certain animals, there is literally a cornea and retina...interesting stuff.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Edited by Veter (12/15/05 06:35 AM)

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: third eye [Re: Veter]
    #5066030 - 12/15/05 06:48 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Veter said:
There are multiple theories about it, but scientifically, it amounts to your pineal gland. This gland is believed to be responsible for almost all spirituality we experience. It holds within it, massive amounts of DMT and melatonin, and it might just be the reason we see pictures in our heads when we think. It should be noted that the pineal gland shrinks when we go through puberty and produces significantly less melatonin after that point. Could be the reason children are so creative.
It responds to light, and is believed to the evolutionary precursor to the outer eye.

In eastern cultures, it is the 6th chakra. A source of energy that gives you insight about your soul and entire being. The odd thing about this is that this belief has been around for ages...ranging back to old Hindu practices, and yet, where they believed the third eye to be is almost precisely in the same location that the pineal gland resides. That should say something.

It is located in the center of your forehead. Opening your third eye means to clean the doors of perception. To see all that is in its unsubjectified state and to become one with it all. It is believed that an 'openend third eye' is the pineal gland being in synch with the petuitary gland...this can be achieved through meditation, and possibly psychedelics.

Read up about it, there's a ton of dogma, ideologies, and scientific theory about the third eye.
I have actually read that in certain animals, there is literally a cornea and retina...interesting stuff.

hellooooooo,,,, hole on your penis I swear to god, why are we so confused about this!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
    #5066072 - 12/15/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Round here that's called the japseye, racism stemming back to WWII.

Watch Tool's Parabola video for a pretty good depiction of the Third eye. Or Turd eye, as the Irish would put it.

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Re: third eye [Re: sam420]
    #5066116 - 12/15/05 07:58 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Hey sam 420 from snohomish. Nice break dancing. or am I mistaken? Because I know who is in that suit I belive.

--------------------

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
    #5066348 - 12/15/05 09:36 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mikeownow said:
UHHH...... I believe it is the hole on your penis bud.

Quote:

mikeownow said:
hellooooooo,,,, hole on your penis I swear to god, why are we so confused about this!

Quote:

mikeownow said:
Hey sam 420 from snohomish. Nice break dancing. or am I mistaken? Because I know who is in that suit I belive.

Three unproductive posts, this isn't the pub its Psychedelic Discussion and OutkastSlug asked a very sensible question.

As for the topic in hand i'm currently reading DMT: The Spirirt Molecule and it's worth a look if the thrird eye interests you  :smirk: :thumbup:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: third eye [Re: mikeyboy]
    #5066371 - 12/15/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

If im meditating or astrally projecting, and i look "up" at my third eye, the vibrations become exponentially more intense.

Heres a visual depiction.. this pretty much says it all. lol

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: third eye [Re: Limelight]
    #5066409 - 12/15/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

You've successfully astrally projected? Wow, what was it like?  :shocked:

I have sleep paralysis occasionally and i've been told that this can be a stepping stone to astral projection.... any ideas?

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineLimelight
IntrepidTraveler
Male

Re: third eye [Re: mikeyboy]
    #5066449 - 12/15/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

mikeyboy said:
You've successfully astrally projected? Wow, what was it like?  :shocked:

I have sleep paralysis occasionally and i've been told that this can be a stepping stone to astral projection.... any ideas?

I didn't "breakthrough" per se, but i came VERY close.. and even that in itself was .. no other way to put it.. intense as fuck.

And yes, sleep paralysis is a good step, you just have to stay more focused and go with it.

Lie in your bed (preferrably at nap time, or RIGHT when you wake up from a nap before you open your eyes). Lie there and dont think a single thought. Simply focus on the ringing in your ears. Thoughts will come and go. Dont resist them (otherwise you will self-manifest disruption). Simply let them go through and dont pay attention to them, continue to focus on the ringing in your ears.
You can alternate between the ringing and focusing on your breathing. As you breathe out, make your body feel 'heavier'. you have to like.. extra relax it or something. It makes it feel like its getting sucked into the bed. Just overly relax one part of your body, like your hand, and you should feel it. Keep doing this on every exhale to all the parts on your body.
Then you can go back to the ringing in your ears once you are in a slightly tranced/asleep state.
At this point, you could look at your third eye as youre listening to the ringing, and you should get intense body rushes, and the ringing wil get very loud.
you just do this until you break through.. and you wil lknow when that happens. You have to concsiously make your inner body feel like its "rolling out" of your physical body. then you can float around your room, and youllb e attached to your physical body so you wont get lost.

When i did it and came close on several occassions, i was lying there. i was really focused that day. then the body rush got so intense, it was like DMT. I got scared ab it and backed off. the next day i tried again, and got closer. The ringing in my ears became a ROARING.. like a train, no joke. That made me too excited, and i couldnt concentrate after that enough.
next day, i tried again and DISTINCTLY heard my dads voice.. that was just wierd.
The most recent time was when i got the farthest. i passed all these previous stages, but didnt let them distract me, i just flowed with it. Then... this world appeared in front of me, it was like a pharmacy. I felt my body there, and i was ALMOST able to "rock" myself out of my body to go explore the world, but somethin happened and i got distracted again.
the visuals of what i saw where as real as real life... it was incredible.
lately i havent been able to because ive been so busy with exams.
basically if you try it, you have to just do it a lot to get it, because often times the first few times youll get close, youll be so surprised your body was capable of such a thing, you wont be able to concentrate.
you basically have to not care if you project or not, yet want to at the same time. if youre too excited, youll only distract yourself (after all, you bascially have to meditate as you fall asleep, which takes practice).

--------------------
"The worst mistake that you can make is to think you're alive when really you're asleep in life's waiting room."

Offlinepsychedelix
Growling MadScientist
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way
Re: third eye [Re: Limelight]
    #5069334 - 12/15/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

limelight, very well put. I couldn't have explained it any better, nor do I think anyone else could've. Back in 96 when I got into goatrance/psychedelic trance, as everyone who have heard of this style know about the group Astral Projection. Two(at the beginning 3) Israeli guys that made some of the most revolutionary digital psychedelic sounds got me to research what their name meant. I got into it and this was before I even thought of trying psychedelics, and I think because of my experiences through AP/OOBE I became best intimate with the psychedelic realm. Like you said limey(lol, I think that's also a racial slurr for brits), the ascension of your spirit has got to be one of the most profound experiences for humans to achieve/experience imo.

I haven't tried ap in a while and this just sparked my gittiness to put it back into my practice. Up until now I've been too busy(poorest excuse) to attempt, because it's not something you can just snap into out of nowhere, it takes a great deal concentration and then again not concentrating is the key to flying, just letting go like you would on mushies completes the purpose of the whole experience. It doesn't compare with conscious meditation really, it's a razor sharp realm between the wake and dream state... hard to explain.

I had an e-book for a while that I can't find now, the others are scattered somewhere on floppies or cds somewhere, but I will post them if anyone's interested.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom